PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warriors 8 (XL/CE) + Empires!

lordofjiaozhi
10-11-12, 03:29 PM
Dynasty Warriors 8 has been announced for release in Japan next year, two new characters - Yue Jin and Li Dian - have been announced and some old characters confirmed. What are your thoughts and expectations for Dynasty Warriors 8?

Cao Hong 14
12-11-12, 02:32 AM
Well for anyone who wants to know here are the new characters for Dynasty Warriors 8, I know not all of these have been released yet but trust me that these are the actual characters. If you don't believe me then once the game comes out come back and check here and you'll see that I was right. These names were leaked on a Chinese website and Koei themselves had to contact the leaker and get her to stop posting information about the game. So if you had any doubt about the accuracy of the leak then it should be gone now.

New Characters:
Li Dian
Yue Jin
Guan Xing
Zhang Bao
Guan Yinping
Lu Su
Han Dang
Wen Yang
Jia Chong
Zhang Chunhua

lordofjiaozhi
12-11-12, 10:33 AM
Well for anyone who wants to know here are the new characters for Dynasty Warriors 8, I know not all of these have been released yet but trust me that these are the actual characters. If you don't believe me then once the game comes out come back and check here and you'll see that I was right. These names were leaked on a Chinese website and Koei themselves had to contact the leaker and get her to stop posting information about the game. So if you had any doubt about the accuracy of the leak then it should be gone now.

New Characters:
Li Dian
Yue Jin
Guan Xing
Zhang Bao
Guan Yinping
Lu Su
Han Dang
Wen Yang
Jia Chong
Zhang Chunhua

If this is true, I will be so happy:

Lu Su and Han Dang are long overdue, they'll be good! But what about Cheng Pu?
I'm not sure about Guan Yinping, she would just be like Xing Cai and we don't need another one of her.
Guan Xing makes sense, as does Zhang Bao but that means Shu will have 6 characters of children (Liu Shan, Xing Cai, Zhang Bao, Guan Xing, Guan Suo, Guan Ping).
Wen Yang would be absolutely awesome, I hope they overplay his strength and make him like a later-stage Lu Bu. :D also Jia Chong would be good as a devious strategist.
Zhang Chunhua will be absolutely immense. That is all.

Mr.Honda
28-03-14, 08:31 PM
Just updating and stickying this topic ...

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends and Complete Edition will be available 4/4/14 across Europe (XL for the PS3, CE for the PS Vita and PS4, respectively).

http://dynastywarriors8.eu/xl/

As soon as I get a Vita, CE is definitely going to join the collection since my PS3 time is reserved for other KOEI series :cool:

Anyone else here from NA already have it? Anyone of our European friends anxiously awaiting this game?

Superbuu3
30-03-14, 04:07 PM
I already have DW8, I think i'm more likely to get the Vita or PS4 complete versions then the expansion on PS3.

Divine Justice
07-04-14, 02:31 PM
Same here. I've got the complete edition on PS4 on the way. I'm not sure if I'll get the Vita version or not, guess it depends on how much fun I have with it on PS4.

Black_Dragon
13-04-14, 05:20 PM
I'll finish DW8 first then i'll move on to this when i get some time sad to say wayy to many games out now so theres no time atm.

LittleDragonZ
14-04-14, 10:05 PM
Playing XL CE recently. Finished Lu Bu's (more other path stages left), finished Shu's completely, and hence through Wu's early stages before tackling Wei and Jin. Decided to start afresh this time on the PS4, so there's lots to do.

Mr.Honda
14-04-14, 10:24 PM
I didn't win my free copy of DW8:XL on Twitter, so I'm still without the game :p

Saw it on display at a local Target though, which I was pleasantly surprised to see. Normally, Gamestop or Fry's are the only places I can find retail copies (especially for an expansion).

Asgezar
24-04-14, 06:42 PM
Any chances for the japanese voice dlc? Will be glad to buy it.

Mr.Honda
07-05-14, 08:20 PM
Any chances for the japanese voice dlc? Will be glad to buy it.

I believe TKE already confirmed that XL and CE would have the JP voices as DLC. I just can't locate the Tweet/Post to prove it :p

Mr.Honda
30-10-14, 04:07 PM
KOEI Tecmo Europe just announced the release date(s) of Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires for both Europe and the US:

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/527816852496740352

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires is coming to PC, PS4, PS3 & Xbox One on 30/01/2015 (EU), 01.27.2015 (US)

EDIT: Didn't realize actual dates were given, including a PC version announcement:

http://gematsu.com/2014/10/dynasty-warriors-8-empires-release-date-pc-version-announced

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 (digital-only), and PC via Steam on January 27 in North America and January 30 in Europe, Koei Tecmo announced.