PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about DW7, DW7:XL and DW7:E

ManaAlchemist
02-12-12, 05:47 PM
I've been thinking of getting some DW games for quite a while now, but never gotten around to it, and just recently I found Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends quite cheap and bought it, and as it is my first DW game of the regular DW series (have some of the anime spin-offs though), I'm not to knowledgeable about the games, so I thought I'd ask some questions here. So here goes:

Because I for some reason believed XL to be DW7 + extras or something, i bought it, but now when playing I've found out that i need the original DW7 to access some parts of the game, so here's my questions: Is Xtreme Legends more or less just an expansion to DW7? Or is the stuff that requires DW7 just some small extras in XL? Well I guess the pure essence of my question is, should i just get DW7 too?

Also I guess I'll ask if DW7 Empires is the same (requiring DW7 or not)?

Chargone
08-02-13, 01:49 AM
XL is mostly just an expansion for the basic game with the same number, yes. Empires, on the other hand, is a stand-alone game (though sometimes having saves for the others let you unlock things early or get a bonus character or something. not sure if they still do that.)