PDA

View Full Version : Ma Chao

Jiahe
15-02-09, 09:34 PM
Everyone should remember him as one of the Five Tiger Generals of Shu. He was also known for his Battle of Tong Gate against Cao Cao's forces. In my opinion, I think Ma Chao is a good overall character in the Shu Kingdom mainly because he had the best pre DW6 horse+attacks ever. Just equipping a Shadow Harness, his 4th level weapon and his true musou all together and you got one powerhouse killing machine. What are your opinions on him? Love him? Hate him? Discuss about him all here.

Jasonic
15-02-09, 09:41 PM
Best character ever *whistles*

Darn, i was going to create this topic :'(

Him in DW5 was definitely his best overall. His moveset was the best in the game IMO, I loved the thrusts and acrobatic motions. Next him being on a horse, great shock wave charge and fast swings. And last his look, the dragon cloths and his overall look is just perfect.

And to whoever says he is annoying with his Justice, can kiss my butt:mad:

God-Like Phoenix
15-02-09, 09:51 PM
LOL...but its true though, he is annoying with his justice :p at least Kanetsugu makes it awsome ^^

My one fond memory of him is in DW4XL on his stage thing, where you have a contest to get into the 5 tiger generals...I remember going for his Lv10 weapon(I think?) and the way I would do it, is grab a horse, stand close enough to a gate so that people would continuosly come after me, and just spam his charge move on the horse...it was awsome :D

Ruka
15-02-09, 10:16 PM
Ma Chao is one of my favorites DW characters, he probably has one of the best out of all spear/halberd wielding characters, his Musou is also nice for crowd clearing specially with his last blow after he jumps using his spear .

Personally-wise I think he is alright and his VA is decent enough, His costume is pretty cool too. DW5 appearence being the best.

I used him quite a lot on DW4 VS mode (Fight in the Dark) his C1 and C3 we're really nice. :p

Captain Ashton
22-02-09, 09:55 PM
I just liked Ma Chao for the way he ended his Musou attack.

foamy666
22-02-09, 11:40 PM
Move set wise hes defintely one of my favorites and one of the very few DW characters I actually use mounted quite often.

His VA's have been decent and I've always liked his look as well just wish he'd stop going on about justice all the time.

malkxtkd
23-02-09, 08:30 PM
his VA is very cool IMO. The true musou quote of DW5 is the best. "In the name of justice... Farewell"

I hope Ma chao still have a spear in DW6 empires, I don't like the sword of DW6 special and SF, too big... don't fit with him. Koei could give us a new acrobatic moveset.

DW6 costume is cool but dw5 is the best...

Onislash
24-02-09, 01:47 PM
Ma Chaos personality? 1. JUSTICE and repeat until cannot speak anymore. At least Kanestugu and Nagamasa had actual other words they could use.

Nice horse skills + nice c6 and end of musou.

LittleDragonZ
03-03-09, 02:21 PM
Haha, great appearance always, great moves as well. His personality and appearance would be what makes me like him though. However, I still think 6 was his worst appearance yet, I really like him covered in dragon armour like in 3, so my order would go 3-5-4 and 6. Plus a great firey temper and voice to go with it, I'm really glad his voice actor has stayed with us for so long.

The cutscene in his dream stage in WO2 was amusing, his voice being the superior. Kanetsugu and Nagamasa should've had theirs sound like they did in SW2. Bah, Koei's inconsistency regarding the voice actors let that level down.

malkxtkd
04-03-09, 03:55 AM
I like Justice thing in his quotes. Maybe if Koei give some 2 or 3 new KO officer quotes for each Char will be awesome!

maybe: "The justice finds voice in me!" like OW and other totaly new for him.

LittleDragonZ
04-03-09, 10:35 AM
Yes, some get sick of his justice talk, but you know, these people should be different concerning personalities! And I agree, Koei should implement more than one officer defeated quote for each character.

Gtown
11-03-09, 05:57 AM
Easily one of my favorite characters in the game. Loved the transition from spear to sword and can't wait to see what the future holds for him. So long as he doesn't lose his fiery personality.

Gadner Bhan
11-03-09, 06:39 PM
One of the favorites characters among players. I liked his DW6 new look, but the one from DW5 was very good too. The only complain I could have is about that "justice fever" he has in quotes, too repetitive. I think his weapon change was interesting too, specially because he has a unique moveset on the PS2 version, but he was also a very very good spear user before, so I'm not sure wich one I would pick definitely for him. In any case, he has always very fun to play with, and this time is no exception. Hooray for Ma Chao!

Dantie Neit
23-05-09, 08:42 AM
I liked him from 4 onwards. Though he's not the same in Strikeforce, he uses a greatsword, go figure? I think is a fairly good character though, and not too difficult to use.

Steel-PuXn@sTIK_Gordon
25-05-09, 08:12 PM
Yes ^^ I lile Ma Chao in DW5 and DW4.

Dantie Neit
03-06-09, 09:29 AM
I think the main reason I wasn't a fan from 3 is because my initial fav was Zhang Fei, my friend like Ma Chao the most, so we versed each other a number of times. He thought that because Ma Chao had a more 'effective' move set that made him better, even after winning every single time, in each mode, he still didn't seem to accept defeat.

One-Eyed Legacy
16-06-09, 01:56 AM
Kudos to Koei for giving Ma Chao that beasty sword in time for DW6:E!

Ma Chao would be one of my favourites, he looks cool and is pretty tough but his constant moaning gets on my nerves abit. He only ever talks about the old justice! Should've become a lawyer not a warrior.

CuckooBanana
29-06-09, 01:35 AM
I love Ma Chao and he is my second favorite character overall in the DW series. I love how he fights for justice and i especially love his moves with the stallion fury(spear). His big sword was great too, the one they just gave him is awesome. I just played him in DW6 Empires and i thought it was great.

GO MA CHAO!!!!

http://api.photoshop.com/home_9cad38a919a04db4a04ec903649b6c23/adobe-px-assets/3290b58e82ee441586d99c1ce892babd

Stantonator
23-07-09, 02:00 PM
i didnt like his new sword that much if they made it smaller maybe but hes still awesome :).

Toco
28-08-09, 09:38 AM
Ma Chao is really cool with his giant sword and appearance in DW6E
one of my fav characters in shu

DWForever
15-05-11, 01:32 AM
Undoubtedly my favorite SHU character of all. Guan Yu was my fave when I first started playing DW4 until I got around to Ma Chao. Great costumes all the time, love his wolf headgear. His spear is probably the greatest long-range weapon in the game, imo and I was highly disappointed when they temporarily replaced it with the great sword, which was a major fail. I'll admit, he seems to go on and on more and more in each following game with the "Justice" talk but it hasn't gotten to the point of annoyance just yet for me. LOL