PDA

View Full Version : Sun Shang Xiang

DynastyGirl
20-02-09, 10:23 PM
why did they make it so long.

Who is your favorite character?[s]

Ruka
21-02-09, 12:32 AM
Sun Shang Xiang (DW5) is a great character overall, her moveset is nice and quick for crowd clearing and easy to use and adapt to , her VA is great and the character design is good-looking but I prefer her DW6 appearance. Though i'm not much of a fan of tomboy-ish girls. :p

Outi
21-02-09, 09:50 AM
Sun Shang Xiang (DW5) is a great character overall, her moveset is nice and quick for crowd clearing and easy to use and adapt to , her VA is great and the character design is good-looking but I prefer her DW6 appearance. Though i'm not much of a fan of tomboy-ish girls. :pWhoa what did I miss!? Since when has Sun Shang Xiang been a tomboy? I thought she was one of those annoying, disgustingly cute girls with a voice that will make your ears bleed. Also, she's got the kind of personality which makes me think that her sole purpose as a DW character is to make a joke out of women in general.

This isn't tomboy-ish. This is syrup, honey and marshmallows... WITH FRILLS! (http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/artworks/dw6/a-sunshangxiang.jpg)

(I wouldn't hate SSX so much if she had even ONE tomboy-ish polygon in her)

Ruka
21-02-09, 10:16 AM
Like I said; DW5. :p

In the past DW games she was always a tough tomboy-ish girl both looking and personality.
Its a shame that they totally changed her personality on 6...

In DW6, you wouldn't hear her say something this:
"You've toyed with us long enough, you evil crone!"
"No... Let me go, let me go, you big ape!"
"I never thought you to be a coward, brother!"

Outi
21-02-09, 10:21 AM
Those quotes didn't really convince me of anything, but still... So she used to be at least almost like a human being in the earlier games!?
Sounds like I got the short end of the stick again with DW6 X(

God-Like Phoenix
21-02-09, 10:47 AM
I actually dont mind her...I didnt really like her before DW6 actually, the Chakram just wasnt all that fun to use, and her costume and tomboy attitude just gave me the sh!ts after a while ^^

LittleDragonZ
21-02-09, 11:53 AM
Never really liked her. Well, never really wanting an urge to use her more like. Though I've always done her story and got her weapons though. I found she was more exciting in 6 thanks to her unbeatable uses. Though her voice made me cringe a bit.

Outi, she was more of a personality before 6. Like a tomboy who promoted girl power. She had her love for Liu Bei and loved her relatives just as much.

Onislash
21-02-09, 12:00 PM
I did like the chakram as it had a nice hitting area on most C4 and horse charge. 2 minor downsides however were SSX defense and actually hitting for little damage. Her personality was average, but the voice did make my ears bleed in DW3 (Got used to it though).

SSX in DW6 now only hits straight up or straight ahead on most of her attacks .I guess it do not matter when your enemies are miles away. Personality wise, it is unique for the DW series, so I guess I wont complain.

Gadner Bhan
03-03-09, 09:47 PM
I liked her chakrams better than her new bow. And althought I liked the character design in DW6, it didn't conviced me completely. I would've liked more if she remained a little bit more similar to her previous incarnation, both in aesthetics and personality aspects. She was one of the characters that I continuosly played with in DW5.

Lady Shang Xiang
08-03-09, 04:31 AM
Well Sun Shang Xiang is my favourite Female character in the dynasty warriors series.
when i first played as her in DW3 i didn't like her so much
but then eventually i kept on playing as her and got to like her more! :)

Judau Ashta
09-03-09, 06:06 PM
Ermm.. Ermm.. Ermm.. Okay I Guess So But Annoying Though.. =]

GanNing4Eva
09-03-09, 10:22 PM
favourite female character!!

Jiahe
31-03-09, 12:02 AM
I love Sun Shang Xiang pre DW6 but afterwards, she started to get on my nerves with her squeaky voice and her clown suit outfit she wears. :3 Don't get me wrong, she was an excellent overall character to use due to her bow for long range attacks and speed but I tend to sway more towards the old Sun Shang Xiang though due to her relationship Liu Bei since she seemed much more mature about it then she in 6 in my opinion.

On a side note: I thought Zhao Wei did an excellent job with her role in the Red Cliff movie too!

Fayt
31-03-09, 12:07 AM
I never liked her until DW6, but as a long range bow character she is so much fun to use, she is a leap ahead of the rest of the pack for her unique moveset with her bow.

I can't stand her on a horse though, which costs me the horse benefits like Musou recovery and maintaining your Renbu.

little_zhurong
03-04-09, 03:02 PM
Sun Shang Xiang was a head strong gilr who knew what she wanted and how to get it. She also had an attitude to match.

Now in 6 she's a silly little girl who does what she's told. And her voice is so annoying. Its like listening to one of the Qiao's. lol

LittleDragonZ
03-04-09, 03:24 PM
^Yeah, a shame about that. Because her usefulness (or should I say attack) increased tenfold when DW6 hit the stores.

That's always going to be the case though. Each title will have strengths and weaknesses, like how characters and their looks and personalities do. People have different opinions, so I guess the only way to have evidence is with the majority.

Cao Cao
12-04-09, 11:19 AM
Well,before DW6,she had a good voice and a - in my opinion - bad moveset. In DW6,it's the opposite,lol.
Her chakrams made her unique,but the range...wasn't that good. The bow is a great weapon,with long range and it's strong. And it was her historical weapon,so they should stick with it.
However,her voice...I just hate it. Her personallity has changed to the worse,but I like her relationship with Liu Bei. I was suprised to fight with her at Yi Ling on Shu Side in her story,in DW6.

Well,keep the moveset and change voice and personallity.

God-Like Phoenix
12-04-09, 12:57 PM
Well,before DW6,she had a good voice and a - in my opinion - bad moveset. In DW6,it's the opposite,lol.
Her chakrams made her unique,but the range...wasn't that good. The bow is a great weapon,with long range and it's strong. And it was her historical weapon,so they should stick with it.
However,her voice...I just hate it. Her personallity has changed to the worse,but I like her relationship with Liu Bei. I was suprised to fight with her at Yi Ling on Shu Side in her story,in DW6.

Well,keep the moveset and change voice and personallity.
I feel pretty much the same about SSX. Before 6 she had quite a reasonable personality and voice, but the moveset was lacking, I just couldnt get into it, but that was the opposite for DW6. The bow became one of my favourite movesets, but her voice and personality suffered a bit.

Jiahe
12-04-09, 02:06 PM
I feel pretty much the same about SSX. Before 6 she had quite a reasonable personality and voice, but the moveset was lacking, I just couldnt get into it, but that was the opposite for DW6. The bow became one of my favourite movesets, but her voice and personality suffered a bit.That pretty much summed it up for me from what I had said before. This is one of the reason why I don't show much love her anymore. I admit her moveset is good and all but her weapon is just too easy and cheap to use in battle. Her and Yue Ying made the challenge modes no fun for online ranking when you got about 80 SSXs and Yue Yings hogging the damn leaderboard up.

I didn't like the fact that she almost try to shoot an arrow at her own brother, Quan. The look on his face though was priceless when he smiled about it. <3

Dantie Neit
23-05-09, 08:36 AM
I've always liked her and still do, but I think she would be better if she had her current looks but still used the chakrams and had the old voice, it would really be off it stayed as is, plus was better before.

Patrikku
16-06-09, 07:24 PM
Fav character! Love her she is great! Preffered her Chakrams mind.
Her DW 6 outfit was good though.

S-J 7
24-12-09, 09:32 PM
Sun Shang Xiang (DW5) is a great character overall, her moveset is nice and quick for crowd clearing and easy to use and adapt to , her VA is great and the character design is good-looking but I prefer her DW6 appearance. Though i'm not much of a fan of tomboy-ish girls. :p

you are mad!!!! they ruined her in DW6 her voice was so squeeky and the outfit dont get me started...but your entitled to your opinion...But your mad!!!

loved her in DW4/5...the whole "women are as god as men at fighting" thing is what i think....i just think that girls are better in general but still....her outfit was cool and the chakrams would be my choice of weopon in that war....dispite the disaster that is her currant caracter in DW6 she is still my fav character

S-J 7
24-12-09, 09:41 PM
I love Sun Shang Xiang pre DW6 but afterwards, she started to get on my nerves with her squeaky voice and her clown suit outfit she wears. :3 Don't get me wrong, she was an excellent overall character to use due to her bow for long range attacks and speed but I tend to sway more towards the old Sun Shang Xiang though due to her relationship Liu Bei since she seemed much more mature about it then she in 6 in my opinion.

On a side note: I thought Zhao Wei did an excellent job with her role in the Red Cliff movie too!

I totally agree with you!!!! from what iv'e read your the only person who has made any sense about her DW6 character...i personally hate her now like you said only the speed and bow are the good points on her...shes terrible!!! much preffered her in DW5 she was so much better, weopon outfit, definatly the voice and the story was better in DW5

Shika
24-12-09, 11:56 PM
I totally agree with Jiahe and S-J 7, SSX was faaaar better in DW3-4-5. I don't understand people who don't like her chakrams, it was one of the few weapons who had a circular hit so it was hard for the ennemy to get close, and the range was correct (plus her second charge allowed you to go in the back of any defending opponent).

Now she's just a childish girl in love with Liu Bei, and her movesate is pure LAME ! Ok it may allow you to kill ennemies without approaching them, but it's soooo boring !!! Never in the DW serie a character had such a boring moveset. SSX has always been my favourite character, and she was strong, but it seems that a lot of people didn't know it, and kept playing Lu Bu, Zhao Yun, Guan Yu and other "heros" like that. Now that she's fade cute girl with a moveset who allows you to kill everyone safely, people claims that "now" she's good o_O

in the end, SSX = fav character, but in DW7 give us back the old Shang Xiang, or make something new but good (DW6 was new but not good, sorry to say that)