PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea 3

PrismZeo
21-02-09, 11:10 AM
The wait is finally over, Disgaea 3 was released in Europe yesterday 20th February! Congrats for surviving so long if you were one of the few who didn't import :D

So what are the thoughts of those who have only just started playing? Well I think it seems like good ol' Disgaea to me... but it'll take a while to get used to the new system of buying abilities and the whole transforming monsters into weapons thing. Yeah the magichange is pretty fun... I accidentally blew up my mage when I threw her while holding the prinny gun! :o

Onislash
21-02-09, 11:28 AM
Yeah the magichange is pretty fun... I accidentally blew up my mage when I threw her while holding the prinny gun! :o

Of that I have done it countless times. But it did allow me to level the mage up faster than I usually would of done.

ManaAlchemist
21-02-09, 12:20 PM
Damn couldn't they delay the game until summer or at least until i can afford a ps3 since i have a feeling the game will be quite rare later on even though it's square-enix who's publishing it (because it seems to be quite rare already here in sweden). :( Now i'm just going to be jealous of the PS3 owners for a long time. :(

Onislash
21-02-09, 12:30 PM
Come to Australia, it has been delayed until the 5th of March. There could be more delays as well for the game. Not that I think thats a good thing generally.

PrismZeo
21-02-09, 01:35 PM
Of that I have done it countless times. But it did allow me to level the mage up faster than I usually would of done.

Hmm? Do they get exp when used as a bomb now?...or did you just mean magichange in general? Sure makes it easier to level up the healer until I get enough mana to buy more powerful moves. Wait...do the monsters still receive mana while transformed?

Come to Australia, it has been delayed until the 5th of March. There could be more delays as well for the game. Not that I think thats a good thing generally.

That long? Was there a reason given for the delay?

Onislash
21-02-09, 10:07 PM
I think exp is shared or the prinny would of been at level 1 for most of my game. l did mean the new skills though not the bomb.

I have no idea about the delay.

PrismZeo
24-02-09, 01:30 PM
Heh, I learned the hard way that its a bad idea to return and level up using the last chapter one map so soon...the enemy there got a serious level boost! XD

Quick question, what happens if you use magichange in the item world? Do you only lose the monster for that floor or is it until you exit the item? I'd try it out, but I haven't got enough strong characters yet to make it to the 10th floor if it turns out to be the 2nd one...

Onislash
24-02-09, 01:35 PM
I would imagine it would need to be revived so exiting the item since it is dead technically.

PrismZeo
24-02-09, 01:41 PM
I would imagine it would need to be revived so exiting the item since it is dead technically.

I thought it might be like that, guess for now I'll just save magichange for the item generals/kings....and run like hell when the enemy decides to magichange for themselves! :D

Seems like when they do it, it doesn't run out...

Onislash
24-02-09, 01:48 PM
Seems like when they do it, it doesn't run out...

Correct. Sadly:(. The enemies however that do plan for it have a skill called magichange for some reason, but at least you can be prepared. Or just assume people + monsters next to each other = magichange.

PrismZeo
10-03-09, 04:34 PM
Correct. Sadly:(. The enemies however that do plan for it have a skill called magichange for some reason, but at least you can be prepared. Or just assume people + monsters next to each other = magichange. Yeah, that seems to happen on every floor when I use item world. Luckily it turned out you can magichange with the same monster more than once per visit...makes things much easier!

After an all nighter playing it yesterday, I've finally finished the main story...the finale was pretty epic!

Those final few Diez Gentlemen were tough, I didn't think a single mage would be so hard to beat on the 1st turn with everybody attacking at once! What was her name again? Also...did the final boss absorb Valvoga or something?

I wonder when/if Europe will get the extra DLC stuff...?

Nova
29-04-09, 04:33 PM
Those final few Diez Gentlemen were tough, I didn't think a single mage would be so hard to beat on the 1st turn with everybody attacking at once! What was her name again? Also...did the final boss absorb Valvoga or something?

Do you mean Beyond X? I think that was her name.

I wonder when/if Europe will get the extra DLC stuff...?
I think you'll have to wait a while, just like they had to wait in Japan and the US. They probably just don't want to release the DLC too soon after the game was released in Europe. I'm pretty sure it'll show up eventually though.

I ordered the US version of the game and I've downloaded all the DLC (that has been released so far) from the US PS store. I think I've heard that you can use the DLC from the US PS store with the PAL version of Disgaea 3. (I don't know if it actually works, it's just something I've heard.)

(Postgame spoiler)
I finally defeated Baal yesterday, which wasn't very hard with my current characters and equipment, after that I defeated Baal in LoC, which I thought was going to be really hard, but I defeated him with one hit.

Since I've defeated the hardest boss in the game I'm currently trying to get better equipment, max out characters, learn all bonus skills and stuff like that. I'm also trying to see how much damage I can deal, and the most I've done so far (with one hit), is just over 10 billion hitting multiple enemies and around 3,8 billion hitting one enemy. I've seen videos of people doing trillions of damage though...

jive
30-04-09, 03:31 AM
maxing out stats in the game seemed a bit easier somehow.. with the dupe trick and all. :D

Hopefully trophies in the english versions would be implemented soon.

Nova
07-05-09, 08:35 PM
maxing out stats in the game seemed a bit easier somehow.. with the dupe trick and all. :D

Hopefully trophies in the english versions would be implemented soon.

The dupe trick does make things a lot easier, but maxing out characters still takes a while (getting 180k(?) stored levels and maxed out aptitudes) unless you have version 2.0, then it should only take a few hours or so to max out a character.

I want the trophies too.

jive
08-05-09, 05:38 AM
true but i'm just amazed how you could be level 1 to 9999 in just 2 to 3 battles (thanks to multiple statisticians). XD

Oddman
08-05-09, 12:29 PM
you can/?? HELL YEAH! i might pick this up then! XD

Onislash
08-05-09, 02:02 PM
Any idea on Europe DLC? I did get the Australian game just for that reason.

jive
12-05-09, 09:13 AM
you can/?? HELL YEAH! i might pick this up then! XD

now that reminds me of asking you why you haven't yet. XD

Oddman
12-05-09, 12:52 PM
because, just like fallout 3, i cannot be bothered to put s much hours into a game...jesus...after 150 hours i still havent finished my first oblivion walkthrough (im doing everything XDD)....i just cant...im totally scared to play these kinds of games XD

short FPSes RULE! XDDD

PrismZeo
12-05-09, 02:27 PM
Hey...does the game text switch from english to French for one part of a Diez gentleman scene for everybody playing the pal version?

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7466/fprinny.th.png (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fprinny.png)

I don't remember enough to translate all of it but I think it says something like
"I will explain! The prinny blue with black eyes.... is a normal prinny!"

Onislash
12-05-09, 02:32 PM
Thats about the same in the US versions (to avoid sueing? Heh), so I think your right.

jive
13-05-09, 04:26 AM
actually it's Black-eyes Blue Prinny. :D

because, just like fallout 3, i cannot be bothered to put s much hours into a game...jesus...after 150 hours i still havent finished my first oblivion walkthrough (im doing everything XDD)....i just cant...im totally scared to play these kinds of games XD

short FPSes RULE! XDDD

you haven't finished Oblivion yet? And we had this same conversation like what.. 4 months ago. XDD

Try Fallout 3 dood. It's relatively shorter compared to Oblivion.. 50 hours at the very least and I've finished up all the quests and acquired most of the trophies. XD

But I guess Disgaea 3 ain't for you.. I'm nearing the 150 hour mark and I'm still ridiculously weaker to some enemies in the game (the ones in the Land of Carnage to be exact..).

Oddman
13-05-09, 01:36 PM
THATS what im talking about XD it scares me XD but if you say that fallout 3 is that short..then okay, i might try it, for real.

PrismZeo
13-05-09, 06:37 PM
heh, I was trying to translate literally...also you gave the pun away jivey!

Just seen this trailer for dlc(?), looks awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfH3ya-0Vys&feature=related

jive
15-05-09, 07:00 AM
I saw that trailer on PSN. And seen some related gameplay vids. Aurum will be playable.. like, damn. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzG9z4X9Khk

THATS what im talking about XD it scares me XD but if you say that fallout 3 is that short..then okay, i might try it, for real.

you should. for real. i mean, play. like, right now. dood.

Oddman
16-05-09, 09:50 AM
I saw that trailer on PSN. And seen some related gameplay vids. Aurum will be playable.. like, damn. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzG9z4X9Khk

you should. for real. i mean, play. like, right now. dood.

LOL dude XDD that spoiler didint really work , did it XD

jive
18-05-09, 11:10 AM
click at your own risk my friend. XD

CJZ
09-09-09, 09:13 AM
if the monster creature next to a humanoid turns into the same type of weapon their holding they will magichange

personally i think magichange is bad, its just really flashy and looks awesome
and if any ally kills anything with an assist (including the prinny gun bomb) they both get an equal amount of experience (i believe the thrower gets no experience though)

Mousou hat
16-10-09, 01:52 AM
Disgaea 3 is an awesome game, it has the right humor the right cutesy prinny and the right post game -game.

However.. the dlc is just a utter insult, a complete RIP-OFF.

4 euros for individual 'past - game' sprite characters?... WHAT?!

Ill be sure never to buy a disgaea game again, ever.

CJZ
16-10-09, 02:56 AM

face it, Adell is sexy

Onislash
16-10-09, 05:47 AM
Disgaea 3 is an awesome game, it has the right humor the right cutesy prinny and the right post game -game.

However.. the dlc is just a utter insult, a complete RIP-OFF.

Ill be sure never to buy a disgaea game again, ever.

Pretty sure theres something about gameplay in there to. Maybe..

Mousou hat
16-10-09, 10:09 AM
face it, Adell is sexy

i dont care. If it were up to me i had wanted the hero prinny and the kurtis prinny, because prinny are manly.

But those prices.. for just "OLD" (even!!) SPRITES.

Even if the queen of england was in it that would be a rip off.

I mean 45euro's for the whole '12 or so characters + 2 new modes' aswell, what do they think that im an imbecile? There is just no excuse for this. :(