PDA

View Full Version : Trophies?

Captain Ashton
08-03-09, 10:35 PM
Ok, right now I know that I will definatly buy DW6 Empires soon after it's released.
What I don't know; is whether I'm going to buy it for the PS3 or Xbox360.
I have the normal DW6 on the PS3, so my primary thought is to buy the game for that console. However, I really like achievments and I know 100% that the Xbox version will come with some. What I don't know for certain is whether the PS3 version will have trophies to unlock.
So, does anyone have any information on this? It's vital in my decision on which console I buy the game for.

Oh, and I'd just like to say, I think it would be a good idea to release a patch for the PS3 version of normal DW6 allowing you to unlock trophies for it. It would certainly make me want to play through it again.

Ranger Ryu
08-03-09, 11:13 PM
Well Dyasty Warriors:Gundam 2 will have trophies so I don't see why not and besides any game submitted to sony for approval after Janurary of this year has to have trophies in it so I'm 90% certain there'll be trophies in the PS3 version of DW6:Empires

Insp. Chin
08-03-09, 11:31 PM
Well trophies are like 360 achievements and I don't see why not :)

LittleDragonKHM
09-03-09, 05:23 AM
Well... it should have some! Most Koei recent games do! DWG2 and WOZ both have trophies.

cheat07
09-03-09, 05:28 PM
i think sony have made it mandatory for developers to add trophies in from now on, so i would imagine that DW6 empires will have them as.

Wonder what would the trophies be though?

Thadius
09-03-09, 11:49 PM
Yes Sony did make it mandatory for all PS3 titles after a set date to have trophies so empires will have them. I imagine obtaining them will involve things like, get X number of kills, level up a created character(s), create a character of each weapon type. Those kind of things, but really with DW the list could be quite inventive as far as requirements go.

cheat07
11-03-09, 05:29 PM
a couple of trophy examples i think would be good
conquer china in under 35 turns or similar
recruit every officer of a force (every shu officer)
Get every policy

SteveVice
22-03-09, 11:50 AM
As some people have said already Sony made trophies mandatory for all games released after 1.January 2009. This does not apply to games released in the US before that date and had a later European launch, such as Eternal Sonata. But DW6: Empires will have trophies.

I just want KOEI to go back and add trophies to DW6.

Thadius
22-03-09, 12:16 PM
You could only add trophies if you had an install of DW6 on HDD and for most (PS3) users that not really an option.

SteveVice
22-03-09, 12:20 PM
You could only add trophies if you had an install of DW6 on HDD and for most (PS3) users that not really an option.

Not quite sure if I understand what you mean? Trophies does not need an installfile to be added, case and point: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, no install, trophies added retroactively, and either way DW6 can be installed through the options menu.

Thadius
22-03-09, 06:55 PM
Drakes Fortune was patched earlier in preparation for trophies to be added since they made the agreement with Sony. Patches go into the system OS files and thats how they were added retroactively. Yes games like DW6 can be installed if you want, but the PS3 HDD's are small by PC standards and fill up quite quickly when you take into account PSN downloads, music and video files along with system software updates and game patches. Finally add ontop of that mandatory game installs (MGS4/Resi evil5/Ultimate Ninja Storm) to name a few and your HDD fills up quickly, so its not really a completely viable option unless you only have a set number of games you have at any one time.

If Koei decided to patch DW6 and work with Sony to add the trophy data into the OS then yes, but that means Koei have to pay to host the files and then work on compatibility issues that may arise. All in all its not worth the time and effort for Koei when they have 2 titles coming out on PS3 that will have trophies now, and in the end trophies add nothing to the game other than give some players extra incentives to come back and play some more.

cheat07
22-03-09, 07:24 PM
its a bit late to add the trophies DW6 as empires will be out by the end of the year

if they were going to add them they would have done it by now i feel

foamy666
22-03-09, 07:59 PM
Just hope the trophies are actually decent and not like the achievements on the previous warriors games on the 360 which were pretty pathetic I mean unlock so many characters, play this scenario, uncover this event they are so easy to get. Should be things like take out 30 enemies with a musou attack, when attacking a capital take the main camp before the enemy leader appears and capture 3 enemy officers yourself in one battle which are challenging but can be done.

Thadius
23-03-09, 12:19 PM
I assume they will, but either way unless they add something to the game I won't really fret over them that much.

ebil shrimp
29-03-09, 02:41 PM
i reckon the trophies would probably be the same as the achievments you can unlock on 360. it would make sense because then the developers wouldn't have to completely chage it round

Thadius
29-03-09, 08:58 PM
Well yeah that would make sense really. Have trophies been different on any PS3 games that are also on XBOX?

ebil shrimp
30-03-09, 03:34 PM
i'm not really sure. i think there are some differences though. just tomake it look like they didnt totally rip off the 360

Nevfx
01-05-09, 09:20 AM
Sony said that ALL games MUST have trophies after January 2009, and as its now May 2009, I'm sure it will. I dont know why DW6 didn't.

OsotogariWarrior
28-05-09, 09:32 PM
I talked to a Koei rep at the London MCM expo and there will be trophies :)

cheat07
29-05-09, 12:00 PM
yay at least it is confirmed now, next step is to try and find out what kind of trophies we can expect in this game.

Onislash
29-05-09, 12:11 PM
Looking at DW:5 Empires and SW:2 Empires for the Xbox 360 most of them are just playing the game for a long time besides the Osaka Castle. I would like SW:2 Empires type achievements as they are far more varied than DW:5.

TRANSFORMERS22X
20-06-09, 05:51 AM
it all about choices, both system are winners! But buy the game which your friends own the most. Most of my friends own XBOX 360. Therefore, I'm going to buy 360 in case I visit my friend's home! You cannot decide, flip the coin (head for PS3, Tail for 360) -later