PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Koei should make a ...

Jas
09-03-09, 07:23 PM
Do you think Koei should make a "RTS" game ??

RTS = Real Time Strategy

If they take there time with it and make it detailed and a good storyline i think it could be great.

note not like the "3 kingdoms" games series but like "Red Alert" style

Similar games like :

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
Age of Mythology
Command and Conquer
etc ...

you get the idea, potentially it could be amazing :eek:

God-Like Phoenix
09-03-09, 07:44 PM
If Koei was to make a game like this...they would really have to know what they're doing with it, but I think that they would stick with the 3 Kingdoms, mainly because its an already popular section of history, and would be easier to market, most likey...but I guess I can see how they could actually make a game like that :)

(JAZZ-MAN :D )

Jas
09-03-09, 09:01 PM
Matty i think your missing my point.

i'm thinking they would make an RTS for the 3 kingdoms but in the form of a "Red Alert" game not like ROTK. Do you get it ?

and the heros would be the characters we know and love

Leady FF ^^
11-03-09, 10:07 AM
According to the MyKOEI data people wanted KOEI to make in future:

1. Action Adventure
2. RPG
3. Strategy

So i guess a few people would like an RTS.

Thadius
11-03-09, 06:17 PM
If they did make some kind of RTS game, then either go for an original IP so they aren't restricted by historical events, technology and the such or make it based around Kessen 3's setting. Lots of different factions to play around with, along with early matchlock tech but plenty of old style bushido combat.

RTK is a nice setting but fans as Leady pointed out would probably prefer something like an RPG in that setting or another Kessen 2 style strategy game using those characters, I know I would :) I felt robbed when I didn't get to choose to play as Wu in Kessen 2 even though they went and made all those commanders with voice overs and skill sets.

cheat07
15-03-09, 06:13 PM
this may well have been mentioned before but i couldnt see it on the forum but...

what if koei were to launch a dynasty warriors RTS. If halo wars on the 360 managed it I see no reason why dynasty warriors cant do it. I was thinking of dynasty tactics story development with lots of choices to make but instead of those battles where u move an officer across a squared board you could have a real time RTS.

God-Like Phoenix
15-03-09, 11:06 PM
This actually was brought up in this thread:

http://koei.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=585

so this with be merged with that thread :)

Sugizo58
16-03-09, 08:38 AM
Do you think Koei should make a Free MMORPG on next gen on ps3, xbox 360 and Pc ?

Imagine, a MMO in a DW, GW, Gundam, Orochi universe (i let them choose the universe), with missions, quest, big pvp battles (kind of battles like all Koei beat em up games with players, pnj heroes and so on), weapons/armor craft, weapons/armor loot, magic/combat waepon skills, player levels, guilds...

i say free cause i'm sure that ps3 and 360 players won't pay for a MMO (you see the results for Final Fantasy 11 and Phantasy Star Universe ??) bit i imagine a system where instad of crafting your armor and weapons during a lot of hours, you can have the choice to pay it in real money.

i vote for a good a free mmo like this, and i buy it !!

Thadius
16-03-09, 04:09 PM
I read an article about why developers are a bit skeptical on MMO games being made for consoles, although some really good looking games are in the pipeline I don't think it is really viable when the PC market has cornered that market. If things like DC universe and the Agency to name a couple do well enough then maybe that will change.

Sugizo mentions the idea of free to play with micro transactions which I would vote to be the best method of running an MMO on consoles especially with Xbox and its subscription fee. And out of all the universes to choose I would go with Dynasty warriors, since they have already worked on Musou BB before for the PC so they could take that and run with it.

Also unrelated but LeadyFF I like the avatar Barry Hercules kicks **** Starfleet ftw.

Leady FF ^^
16-03-09, 04:47 PM
Also unrelated but LeadyFF I like the avatar Barry Hercules kicks **** Starfleet ftw.

Thanks you, I've been watching it with Gischie ^^ 3-Disks in, I hardly remembered any of it from when I was a kid, other than the Dai-X.

Sugizo - you just need to convince 3 of ur friends to buy DWSF and you will have a free-to-play mini MMO.

Gischie
16-03-09, 08:01 PM
With all the characters Koei had, I think they would make a better VS game than Orochi -_- something which could even beat Street fighter lol
I think that's the problem of Koei, they have a big potentiel but they are too lazy and just live on it and think that people will always buy they games because they are hardcorefan, if I expect an evolution to Koei mind = NO!

Thadius
16-03-09, 08:31 PM
Yeah onto the second disc myself, where Orion and Makara have to go back to be executed. I never got to see the original ITV playthroughs, but ended up with a couple of the video compilations that had a short run so there is alot of the show I have never seen, but I know the overall plot pretty well. Anyway end of derailment. :)

@Gischie
Dynasty warriors on PSOne was a fighting game, but it wasn't very good. They could do alot with their franchises I agree, but since they make massive sales in Japan they don't need to yet I suppose, maybe one day we will see some big changes in the way the Musou series plays but probably not anytime soon I imagine.

Ruka
16-03-09, 08:33 PM
In my opinion they should make more games like DW Strikeforce, and some RPG's be them Tactical or Adventure, both are great. DW Strikeforce comes close to that. Its quite possibly one of my favorite games now. ;)

I think KOEI is finally breaking the routine and do multiple plataforms and improving games a lot in bothm quality and quantity, one only thing id like was a more easy way for us europeans to be able to find their games easilly, and hope they don't abuse the DLC content like other companies do... paying for a single character or a stage is ridiculous in my opinion as the content is already included on the game, All we want is be able is to complete games and earn the characters, etc.

With DLC gaming companies found another way to get more money, which is bad for us fans, pay for some extra content as if the money we spent on the game wasn't enough. >_<

Gischie
16-03-09, 08:46 PM
@Gischie
Dynasty warriors on PSOne was a fighting game, but it wasn't very good. They could do alot with their franchises I agree, but since they make massive sales in Japan they don't need to yet I suppose, maybe one day we will see some big changes in the way the Musou series plays but probably not anytime soon I imagine.

That's the worst -_- but yeah let's hope!
Still they should understand it, I mean even capcom gave them a good lesson with Sengoku Basara, they should honestly think about making quality games now and not just the same thing over and over, thinking that people will buy it!

Thadius
17-03-09, 12:04 AM
It's true that eventually even the hardcore are going to want something new from the series, even Japanese audiences must be getting a little put off with the similar releases every couple of years. I really like the empires series, and think they could build on that in any number of ways. Still saying that I really want Gundam Musou 2 and Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires, but Dynasty Warriors 7 will be the make or break for me on that series, since I was really disappointed with the lack of characters, and the criminal removal of unique character movesets. If this is the trend with DW 7 then I think I will leave it until DW 8.

Leady FF ^^
17-03-09, 11:27 PM
Yeah onto the second disc myself, where Orion and Makara have to go back to be executed.

That was the best episode in the series for me. I was really shocked by the Imperial Masters size.

On topic...errrmmm X-Bomber Gunner from KOEI?

Thadius
18-03-09, 11:04 AM
Dai-X Musou =p

Gischie
18-03-09, 07:07 PM
Transformer musou? STAR WARS MUSOU!!!!!!!

Leady FF ^^
18-03-09, 07:19 PM
Thadius - get yourself a Starfleet avi come on!

(get PPA the Haro of Starfleet lol)

Thadius
18-03-09, 09:05 PM
How is that? Space Pilot John Lee =p

Leady FF ^^
18-03-09, 11:10 PM
hahaha absolutely brilliant work Thadius ^^

'And I'm Barry Hercules Dock' ^^

Sugizo58
19-03-09, 10:47 PM
Thanks you, I've been watching it with Gischie ^^ 3-Disks in, I hardly remembered any of it from when I was a kid, other than the Dai-X.

Sugizo - you just need to convince 3 of ur friends to buy DWSF and you will have a free-to-play mini MMO.

ye si know that...But i want in a near future on my ps3 or xbox 360 a great "Warriors" MMO with xp, craft and Pvp !!
nad if it is not for tomorrow, i want online mode on all Warriors series, and i'm sure Strikeforce will be the first to trace this way.
Some Rumors says a korean software can simulate wi fi connections on psp with ps3 system to play online with some games , especially games like Monster Hunter and maybe SW StrikeForce. Some membres have infos on it ?

Thadius
19-03-09, 11:42 PM
Sugizo, have you had a look at Dynasty Warriors Online? Check it out on koeiwarriors.co.uk. I'm not sure if it is out for players outside of Japan, but maybe it will make the jump one day :)

Sugizo58
20-03-09, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the news, i'll take a look and pray Koei gods to have this here in Europe.

Hitsuzen
13-07-12, 05:37 AM
RTS games sounds nice, but I think KOEI is most popular for Hack-and-Slash games. I would prefer RPGs over RTS games though