PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody : a Musical Adventure

Shika
23-03-09, 09:00 AM
It's just to let you know that the game will be released on March, 26 in Europe, and it's for DS. It's already available in US thanks to NIS America, but here, the release is due to Square Enix (just like Disgaea DS, or Disgaea 3...)

This game is a remake of the PSX game. I didn't played it but I know that some things have changed : the more important is the battle system : it was a T-RPG, now it's a normal system, round by round. There are additional characters (at least one : Kururu), and there are mini-games (I have seen just one, you have too 'sing' on your DS, but it's rather useless imo...)

The game is quiet easy, but it's very funny, it's the same kind of humor than in Disgaea 1, so you should have this game :p The sountrack, well, it's NIS, so it's good^^ Even if it's now a RPG, you can have a lot of playable characters, I don't know yet if some are missable (you have 4 in battles).

And, if you didn't know it, you'll learn that Marjoly (secret character from Disgaea 1) is from this game, you'll also learn where the name 'Rosenqueen' comes from, and I guess there are other things like that^^

Here is the European website (Square Enix)
http://www.rhapsodygame.fr/portals/square-enix/products/rhapsody/home/?&lang=en

And the American website (NIS America)
http://nisamerica.com/games/rhaps/

I already ordered mine^^ But American edition, it was cheaper >_>

http://firsthour.net/screenshots/rhapsody-a-musical-adventure/rhapsody-cast-art.jpg

Chi-Chi Blanche
23-03-09, 10:40 AM
oh wow! I remember when I first read about the PSX version when it first came out and wanting it, but I didn't get it. Now, the opportunity is here again! Great :) I'll check out the site links you posted. :)

PrismZeo
23-03-09, 11:58 AM
I bought the the American version awhile ago, it is easy but pretty fun. I probably would have liked it better if they hadn't changed the battle system...I wonder why they did? Anyway it was good to finally find out something about Marjoly (& her vassals). Pity she didn't say more in her cameo's...she's a great character!

ManaAlchemist
25-03-09, 05:29 AM
I bought the the American version awhile ago, it is easy but pretty fun. I probably would have liked it better if they hadn't changed the battle system...I wonder why they did?

I guess it was because it didn't fit in a mobile version of the game. But i guess they could have ported the PSX version of the game instead of the mobile one.

And i was going to get this but since i have a copy of the PSX game, and i have other games that i want more and that i heard that the american version had lots of bugs, i decided to wait a while.

PrismZeo
25-03-09, 03:13 PM
I guess it was because it didn't fit in a mobile version of the game. But i guess they could have ported the PSX version of the game instead of the mobile one.

And i was going to get this but since i have a copy of the PSX game, and i have other games that i want more and that i heard that the american version had lots of bugs, i decided to wait a while.

There was a mobile version? I still think it wouldn't have been that hard for them to keep the original style...they did a good enough job with Disgaea DS afterall

silvertongue
25-03-09, 03:56 PM
I played the original playstation version and really enoyed it and liked the T-RPG battle system. It's a fun quirky little gem of a game :)

The psx version also came with the soundtrack cd :)

Onislash
03-04-09, 11:43 AM
Got the game. The battle system is rather similar to any turn-based rpg (FF, Suikoden, Wild Arms) but hitting with pancakes is always fun. Story is more mature than I originally thought.

Shika
03-04-09, 04:25 PM
And the most important thing is that the game is hilarious. You must speak to everyone, just to see the funnier dialogues you've probably ever seen in a video game ! I don't think it's possible to never laugh while playing this game.

Onislash
04-04-09, 02:30 AM
The psychic solider did make me laugh.