PDA

View Full Version : - Red Cliff -

Jas
30-03-09, 01:01 AM
I just bought the dvd a few days ago and just watched it all i can say is "WOW"!

I've gotta commend John Woo of being so ture to the stroy that we know and love, the battles are amazing and the non battle seance are even better! The actors are great both the actors who played Zhou Yu and Zhuge Liang were simply amazing.

i really can't wait for the second part T_T

But if you get the chance to watch it, WATCH IT !!!

Jiahe
30-03-09, 09:48 PM
I already have part 1 and 2. Chang Chen is my favorite since he portratyed Sun Quan. This is by far the best movie I seen in a long time! I'll probably end up watching it again sometime this week if I am in the mood. ^^

Insp. Chin
30-03-09, 10:06 PM
I watched the Part 1 I really like Zhuge Liang cause he looks really smart :3 Plus that's my favourite actor :3 Sun Quan looks good too but too few scenes of him >.<

Jiahe
30-03-09, 10:11 PM
I watched the Part 1 I really like Zhuge Liang cause he looks really smart :3 Plus that's my favourite actor :3 Sun Quan looks good too but too few scenes of him >.<Well I am not going to spoil much for those who didn't view part 2 yet but he does get a lot more scenes later on. ;) I agree though, Zhuge Liang is really smart and he also makes me laugh too when he outsmarts Wei lol. ^^

Leady FF ^^
30-03-09, 10:45 PM
Im starting to watch it with Gischie on Weds night, cant wait! (Thanks for pointing it out at mem Jas ^^)

Chi-Chi Blanche
31-03-09, 12:04 AM
cool, I hope I get a chance to see it! :D

Jas
31-03-09, 01:59 AM
Ye i really like Takeshi Kaneshiro's acting, in all the movies i've seen him in he's been really good.

I've gotta say This movie is in my top ten, i really wasn't expecting anything that special, but i have to say i was impressed, which is hard to do !

I can't wait to see part 2.

Any time Will. I might watch it again this week =P and it really got me in the mood to play Dinny hahahahaha

Jasonic
03-04-09, 10:30 PM
I own the Hong Kong versions of both movies on Blu Ray. Combined this movie is probably in my top 5 favorite movies ever.

Hmm, i wonder if they are still planning on bringing it to Euro and the States. They were supposed to condense them into one movie, but I havent heard anything new on that. Not that I really care. I was just interested on what they would have cut out for that release.

Jas
05-04-09, 11:49 PM
So Will did you watch it yet ?

Jas
09-05-09, 09:08 PM
Just watched part 2 for this movie and all i can say is "WOW" as a conbo with part 1, it definitely makes it into my top 10 best movies of all time

Yurisatan
10-05-09, 09:34 AM
I just bought the dvd a few days ago and just watched it all i can say is "WOW"!

I've gotta commend John Woo of being so ture to the stroy that we know and love, the battles are amazing and the non battle seance are even better! The actors are great both the actors who played Zhou Yu and Zhuge Liang were simply amazing.

i really can't wait for the second part T_T

But if you get the chance to watch it, WATCH IT !!!

Well it was amazing.. though they didnt use huang gai to burn the ships.
They probably did this for more spectacular effects...

Jas
21-05-09, 01:07 AM
Just came back from watching "Star Trek" (which btw was awesome) and saw a Red Chiff trailer, so thats really good news for the people who haven't managed to get it on DVD =)

Nevfx
22-05-09, 09:15 AM
Is it in English? I dont now much about it.

Yurisatan
22-05-09, 09:29 AM
Just came back from watching "Star Trek" (which btw was awesome) and saw a Red Chiff trailer, so thats really good news for the people who haven't managed to get it on DVD =)

Well Star Trek & Illuminati are the top movies at the moment.
Still i haven`t seen any of them yet

ebil shrimp
30-05-09, 01:28 PM
IT COMES OUT IN ENGLAND ON THE 12th WOO!

i am going to be seeing it on the 13th. really looking forward to it!

Jas
30-05-09, 01:47 PM
theres only one bad thing about it coming out i England, instead of keeping as two 2hour movies there gonna combine them and cut loads out, which to me is disappointing as both movies were amazing !

ebil shrimp
30-05-09, 03:13 PM
thats so typical. why cant they leave things alone!

Jiahe
30-05-09, 04:04 PM
Well both parts are over 2 hours long so watching the movie altogether for over 4 hours long is alot but for me I really don't care at this point since I don't live in the UK and I already have both parts on DVD lol. If they did release the movie in the US which I am not sure they will or not, that would be cool but again I already have the DVDs so it wouldn't matter for me. :3

foamy666
30-05-09, 09:45 PM
Well watched part 1 and part 2 the other day and have to say I enjoyed it especially the start of part 1 and how Zhuge Liang collected the arrows in part 2 and of course the fire attack.

Only one thing really got me about the movie which I'll spoiler below.

They killed Gan Ning! I couldn't believe they did that considering the later battles with Wei at He Fei and Ru Xu Kou where Gan Ning was quite major.

Jas
01-06-09, 01:02 AM
Well watched part 1 and part 2 the other day and have to say I enjoyed it especially the start of part 1 and how Zhuge Liang collected the arrows in part 2 and of course the fire attack.

Only one thing really got me about the movie which I'll spoiler below.

They killed Gan Ning! I couldn't believe they did that considering the later battles with Wei at He Fei and Ru Xu Kou where Gan Ning was quite major.

Ye i couldn't believe they did that as well

Qing Long
04-06-09, 11:16 PM
Just watched some of the part 1 recently with French subtitles & Chinese voices, and it was very awesome ^^ The starting during the battle reminds me others Asian superb movies. Then Zhuge Liang has a great role, Zhou Yu & Xiao Qiao are so sweet, and lol Sun Quan is so young -the actor reminds me one of my Chinese teacher XD
Wish I can succeed to watch the entire movie ^^ without troubling my family -_- well I should buy the one with French voice version, maybe they'll more like it.

Steel-PuXn@sTIK_Gordon
05-06-09, 12:05 PM
IT'S MY FAVORITE MOVIE! I saw both parts of this film. I also like "3 Kingdoms: Revival of dragon" about Zhao Yun, my favorite character!

Jas
05-06-09, 08:19 PM
Ye i loved the acting of both Tony Leung Chiu Wai who portrayed Zhou Yu and i especially liked Takeshi Kaneshiro who portrayed Zhuge Liang, and i loved the relationship between those two. Ye i can go on and on about this movie XD lol

CuckooBanana
11-07-09, 05:27 AM
Zhuge Liang, Zhang Fei, and Guan Yu were definately the easiest characters on figuring out who they were. They look so similar to the characters in the game.

This is one of my favorite movies too. It's so good and the action is awesome. The main characters are beastly.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_9cad38a919a04db4a04ec903649b6c23/adobe-px-assets/3290b58e82ee441586d99c1ce892babd

Cao Ren
27-07-09, 09:19 PM
Is part 2 the one which has recently came out in cinema? Well I say recently but I saw Angels and Demons not long ago and Red Cliff was advertised. Or have they shrunk it into 1 film to be released in England?

Edit: Never mind I re-read the thread and it looks it has been shrunk into 1 film.

Mousou hat
27-07-09, 11:32 PM
there is a DVD?@?!?! i did see a movie about zhao yun i think it was called revival of the dragon? or something like it.. but thats not red cliff anyway.. hmz..

where do i find the dvd? there is nothing in my country :l
I never seen it.

Mousou hat
29-07-09, 01:31 AM
Ok i just have watched part 1 and 2.

HOLY ****

it was 100 times better than i expected, i laughed so hard when zhang fei in turtle formation LOL!!!

Also, i hope they 1: make also a movie about nobunaga.
2: make also a movie about shu vs wu (guan yu death, also liu bei angry to yi ling)
same actors.

hmm, im glad i read this topic.

Only, the ending i think was very corny and it wasnt at all like romance of the three kingdoms..
why didnt caocao escape? He shouldve escaped and let go by guan yu not let go by the whole army, the ending scene was retarded

RedFeather
31-07-09, 09:44 AM
:/ yeah, I was hoping to see Cao Cao escapes and got ambushed by many Shu general. But maybe the producer cut it because of the time length and the budget.. Another fun thing is when Zhou Yu tricked his old-friend :))

CuckooBanana
31-07-09, 04:52 PM
i love the part where zhuge liang gets all the arrows by bringing a bunch of ships with hay on them. I thought that part was hilarious.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_9cad38a919a04db4a04ec903649b6c23/adobe-px-assets/3290b58e82ee441586d99c1ce892babd

Mousou hat
31-07-09, 09:11 PM
Yea it was very well played (both the scene and the actual tactic :p )

BenjaminWiddowson
10-02-11, 02:47 AM
im gald someone finally portrayed the history accurately. Cao Cao was an arrogant and possibly evil man. A genius yes, but so was Hitler. Lu Bu finally gets the heroic treatment he deserves, the man united china against a dictator.

Hitsuzen
09-07-12, 11:03 AM
I like this movie. The effects and such are beautiful *O*