PDA

View Full Version : Sun Jian

Jiahe
03-04-09, 02:28 AM
Let's talk about the Tiger of Jiang Dong!

Personally, I love Sun Jian since he has handsome, growing sons like Ce and Quan and a beautiful tomboy daugther, Shang Xiang. He has been my favorite character next to Quan and Ce with his swift attacks to stylish Tiger armor in 5 to his revealing blonde hair and red cape.

LittleDragonZ
03-04-09, 01:03 PM
I didn't really like him prior DW6, but in 6 he is just great. Nobody ever expected the hair like that and a bit odd due to his children not having the same colour. I guess Koei wanted him to start fresh since of the lack of fans, and well, I think it delivered. I've noticed more people are interested now. Good looks run in their family after all, so it was an expected makeover result. He's now become more of a role model, though I still feel Ce and Quan have the upperhand due to Ce's lively personality and Quan's serious nature. Sun Quan is my personal Wu hero. Of course a bias view somewhat, but I know Ce is the most popular from poll results, so yeah.

However, positive notes aside, he does not deserve a Musou Mode while the two male children miss out on lots of potential. I'm more of a history nut rather than fictional in terms of the series.

Jiahe
03-04-09, 02:29 PM
I do agree with you on a certain level. Sun Jian never really stood out to me even though I liked him pre DW6 because of his Steven Jay Blum voice and tiger style armor which was great for him but I thought his new look and voice suited him better. I personally felt that he didn't deserve his own Musou Mode if they were just going to put Ce and Quan in all of his cutscenes. I just felt that those two deserved more like his father to have their own Musou Modes because of that plus they are my top two favorite characters ever. ^^

LittleDragonZ
03-04-09, 03:05 PM
To be honest, it's characters like him that I would prefer just to have a few stages and leave it at that. Which was why I would've preferred Quan to have a story with all the big events like Chi Bi and He Fei under him. Oh well, least he's still in them.

On another note, feel that Sun Jian's voice in DW6 actually is great and fits him well. Much more than Tadakatsu anyway.

Fayt
06-04-09, 11:55 PM
Despite him been in the series for a long time, I've only really rated him highly in DW6. His voice acting, character model, story mode, moveset is all very good in it.

Prior DW6 he felt like a boring generic leader that get's cast aside for his children too quickly, his movesets in the past didn't do him a great deal of justice either. Historically it's probably right, but it's good to see him in the spotlight for once, as it may well be the only time it happens in the series after all.

Good on DW6 for giving him a more important role. "Fear the Tiger of Jiang Dong!"

RedFeather
09-04-09, 05:36 PM
I didnt know how he was in DW5, but in WO i often use him to charge through a pack of soldier. I just spam charge, he spins once, and ready to charge the next batch of soldier, really useful since i'm cheap gamer..
Now in DW6, i'll just judging from his appearance. At first thought, i was surprised the usual slim, skinny, black haired guy have become buffed up and has white hair! He's even looks more fierce. At the next thought, i thought he has blood relationship with Gan Ning o.O; At the last thought, they both reminds me to Loz of FF7AC.........

silvertongue
09-04-09, 08:31 PM
He is actually my favourite male character in the series. I think his model design in DW6 is fantastic and the best he has ever looked. I love his fury model in DWStrikeforce too. I only have his picture in fury mode to go off but i'm betting he's gonna be great to use in DWStrikeforce.
Even though I know his story in the DW world I was still gutted when he got killed in the novel of Romance Of The Three Kingdoms. Funny really considering I knew it was gonna happen.

little_zhurong
10-04-09, 05:37 PM
I like Sun Jian but I would have liked a Sun ce and Sun Quan story too in DW6. He does seem to be a very good leader.

Cao Cao
12-04-09, 11:10 AM
Well,well...
I liked Sun Jian even before DW6,in DW2 he was my favourite Wu character (and the only at that moment =/ ). However,his moveset was just the generic noble sword moveset,with some changes.
In DW6,he's just great. I like his new look and moveset,though I had to get used to the grey hair.
However,I would've prefered Sun Quan to have a story,not Sun Jian. But I think,if he didn't get a story,they could just leave him out (like Dian Wei,who's like Sun Jian only in three stages).

Yurisatan
30-04-09, 03:19 PM
Loved this character only in dw5 - dw6 cause of his muscilar body type & kinda vampiric stylish hair

Nevfx
13-05-09, 12:19 PM
The only thing I don't like Sun Jian for his that fact he got a Musou Mode in DW6 while Sun Ce and Quan did not. He died after about 2 battles (that are in game anyway), so why the hell should he have one?

I see Sun Quan as the more "main" Wu ruler. While Cao Cao and Liu Bei got one, I think Sun Jian got one because he was seen, to KOEI, as the main Wu ruler.

I like his new voice, HATED the voice had in DW5XL and the WO games. Bah, makes me barf.

CuckooBanana
29-06-09, 02:00 AM
I always thought Sun Jian was one of the best leaders of the DW series. I think he looks like the coolest leader in DW6. He looks like a beast and that he is the true manly man of Wu. The new look the Sun jian has made me want to unlock him right away so that i could play him.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_9cad38a919a04db4a04ec903649b6c23/adobe-px-assets/3290b58e82ee441586d99c1ce892babd

Toco
28-08-09, 09:45 AM
in DW5 he didnt reach out to me but in DW6 he was real cool his armor suits him and i love his fire enchanting power attacks aswell as his awesome mousou

but his laugh in DW6 Story mode annoyed me sooooo much that i almost never did his mousou again