PDA

View Full Version : KOEI New Games?

bounty104
15-04-09, 12:06 PM
Why wont koei make new kessen games?
and samurai warriors?

God-Like Phoenix
15-04-09, 12:40 PM
We dont know this as of yet...but if there are any news about new Koei games, be it Kessen or Samurai Warriors, it would more than likely end up here, so just keep updated :)

There was some news some time back about SW3 though :)

If your question is answered, this thread can be locked and archived ^^

bounty104
15-04-09, 01:02 PM
but are they gonna make koei games for ps2?

God-Like Phoenix
15-04-09, 01:10 PM
I honestly dont know, but if they did, it would quite surprise me, becuase they seem to be slowly transitioning their games towards the next gen consoles.

Then again, Ive been known to be wrong on more than one occasion, so just make sure to stick around, and there is bound to be some more info on new games when they come, and what console they will be released on :)

LewisSO
16-04-09, 11:58 PM
Instead of waiting for PS2 releases for KOEI games, you should save up and get a X-Box 360 or PS3. Unless you already have them ofcourse.

Samurai Warriors 3 has been announced for the Nintendo Wii.

Fayt
17-04-09, 01:56 AM
PS2 is quickly becoming a thing of the past, in fact I'm surprised it has been hanging around as long as it has. I'd definitely be looking to get a newer system if you can instead, the PS2 days are numbered.

And if only there was another Kessen...

Kyz99
17-04-09, 12:28 PM
I'd like to see a new Kessen with an original story or a lesser known war like something involving maybe chinese and the koreans lol =]
And Samurai warriors will have a sequel i think its too much of a success to not carry onto the next gen consoles =]
But hey i don't know that for sure so just hope i guess :S

Thadius
17-04-09, 12:49 PM
Kessen IV should jump to PS3 and Xbox, imagine the scale of battle they could portray on screen. Not sure what setting I would like really, I did the like story of Kessen III but thought the gameplay went a bit naff compared to I and II. Kessen IV should go back to its roots and play like the original two games, but give you far more control over unit structure and placement. I would like to see the ROTK setting revisited but give you the option of playing as Wu, Yuan Shao (for an alternate timeline story) and possibly a third force to give you 5 playable factions in total.

God-Like Phoenix
17-04-09, 01:06 PM
The closest they have gotten lately to a Kessen game(and Fayt would have something to say about this :p ) is BLADESTORM. Its not a perfect or direct relation to Kessen, but you can see those slight similarities in both. Now I think that they were going in the right direction with Bladestorm, so I think that Koei should focus a bit more attention on that game, I think that it could have the potential to be a great strategy game series.

Having just one game and determining its direction from that would not be the smartest of ideas, because these things would need to take time, so once a large fanbase could form for the game and that could just launch it :) but this might all be just wishful thinking :rolleyes:

Thadius
17-04-09, 05:29 PM
Bladestorm 2 would be a nice surprise announcement, Bladestorm was one of the first games I played as a demo for the PS3 when I got it on release in Europe, and it was alot of fun. A sequel has lots of potential so much so that a suggestion thread should be made to list all the cool ideas :)

Fayt
18-04-09, 05:30 AM
The closest they have gotten lately to a Kessen game(and Fayt would have something to say about this :p ) is BLADESTORM. Its not a perfect or direct relation to Kessen, but you can see those slight similarities in both.
Closest and slight similarities yes, but it's not enough for me. :P

The one thing that made Kessen stand out, particularly the first two was it's highly strategic based gameplay, that and an awesome story.

Bladestorm doesn't have as strong of strategic gameplay, nor story as you are a mercenery. I like how the KOEI games can relive one particular point of view on history. Kessen III did that so well with Oda Nobunaga.

God-Like Phoenix
18-04-09, 07:53 AM
Bladestorm 2 would be a nice surprise announcement, Bladestorm was one of the first games I played as a demo for the PS3 when I got it on release in Europe, and it was alot of fun. A sequel has lots of potential so much so that a suggestion thread should be made to list all the cool ideas :)

http://koei.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=173

There actually is a thread for that right here :p

@Fayt: I knew you going to say that...you've been saying that for quite some time now ^^

Thadius
18-04-09, 02:07 PM
Wooo epic fail for me lol

Thanks for the link Phoenix.