PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5

Outi
27-04-09, 02:14 PM
Aight!
Resi5 talk here NOW!

I had effing fun playing this in co-op mode with Oddie! It was just really frustrating that I didn't have a mic! Everything would have been so much more fun if I had it. We need to do this again! And I need to get that mic!

Manji
27-04-09, 04:47 PM
One of the best parts is being able to chat with your partner... well if your friends with them that is, personally I wouldn't play with a stranger. XD
But I did have a blast beating this game the very day I got it with my friend who lives in the UK. Nearly 10 hours straight of gaming, hahaha. But it was so worth it.

The story didn't impress me much though... was expecting a bit more. Jill's involvement felt kind of lackluster.

Have you played versus mode? ALL of my good online friends have purchased it already, when I'm home for summer in two weeks I think I'm gonna have to fork over the $4.99 for it myself so I can join in on the fun, haha.

Outi
28-04-09, 01:52 PM
Hey I don't have a credit card, I'm not purchasing anything from the PSN Store.

Oddman
28-04-09, 01:52 PM
from what i heard versus is quite horrible and a waist of money. of course to each his own but when the damn thing is already on the disc and making people pay for it its just a rip off.

oh and outi, i kind of thought, just a bit, that it was a bit boring wth me, and maybe even not THAT much fun to play with...but im glad i was wrong! XD and yes! a mic! NAO! XDD

oh and dont forget Outi, MERCENARIES awaits us XD also maybe we'll try PRO after i level up my guns a bit more...

EDIT: oh! and wanna play now?

Outi
30-04-09, 02:51 PM
EDIT: oh! and wanna play now?
Well actually... if you can wait until next week? I'm getting the mic!

Alonzo Orion
30-04-09, 05:54 PM
I did enjoy what little I got to play of it, before my 360 spontaneously combusted... It's potentially the best game I've come across in the passed 3, 4 years... I like the Versus mode which I purchased and managed to fit in half hour of play in on too.

Oddman
30-04-09, 06:23 PM
Well actually... if you can wait until next week? I'm getting the mic!

you...you are??? XDDD WIIIIII!!!! oh happy day ! XDD

it will be grand but still...can yo uat least login on friday, saturday or sunday? i mean, spare me a couple of hours of your precious time! XD

Outi
01-05-09, 06:41 PM
you...you are??? XDDD WIIIIII!!!! oh happy day ! XDD

it will be grand but still...can yo uat least login on friday, saturday or sunday? i mean, spare me a couple of hours of your precious time! XDSure thang! ,D

Sorry for double posting here, but I just have to do this now...
ODDIE, THAT WAS AWESOME FUN! .D
I knew RE5 would be one of those few games that I actually love playing online! And you are my RE5-buddy. I WILL NOT play this game online with anyone else, you hear? You are my "partner" XD You hold a special place in my heart and that place has a tag on it that says "my one and only RE5 partner" XD
And sorry for owning so hard. You know, I've beat that game tons of times with an AI buddy who can't take care of him/herself, much less me so I've had to learn some pretty l33t RE5-survival skillz XDDD

Oddman
02-05-09, 09:53 AM
Sure thang! ,D

Sorry for double posting here, but I just have to do this now...
ODDIE, THAT WAS AWESOME FUN! .D
I knew RE5 would be one of those few games that I actually love playing online! And you are my RE5-buddy. I WILL NOT play this game online with anyone else, you hear? You are my "partner" XD You hold a special place in my heart and that place has a tag on it that says "my one and only RE5 partner" XD
And sorry for owning so hard. You know, I've beat that game tons of times with an AI buddy who can't take care of him/herself, much less me so I've had to learn some pretty l33t RE5-survival skillz XDDD

wowzers XD

It is pretty awesome to play with you now....but how awesome is it going to be when you get the mic?? XD cant wait to chit chat and bust some heads at the same time XD

God..now the deppresing mood of last night's mercs session is all gone! XD WOOT! XD

and about the owning: yeah, you own pretty hard and i cant grasp why do i always fall behind THAT much Xd maybe im too soft XD

Outi
02-05-09, 12:32 PM
and about the owning: yeah, you own pretty hard and i cant grasp why do i always fall behind THAT much Xd maybe im too soft XDNo, I think it's because I've played the game enough to have memorized where all the enemies are, where they're gonna come from and when they're gonna come.
Also I noticed that my Accuracy % was bigger than yours most of the time. So once you get a better aim, a lot of things are going to change.

EDIT:
Oh, I'm going to get that mic right now .D

EDITEDIT:
I got A bluetooth headseat. I'm not sure if it works with the PS3. I went to GameStop to ask if they had any PS3-compatible headsets and it turned out that they had NOTHING. But the guy there told me that the PS3 should be compatible with any type of bluetooth headsets and he told me that he uses a Nokia headset. Said I should go to any store that sells cellphone headsets and look for a bluetooth headset there. So I ended up bying a Sony Ericsson headset.
Let's pray this works. Now I just need to charge the damn thing.
The manual said the first charge should be 8 hours, but I may not be able to wait that long.

EDITEDITEDIT:
Okay I checked a list of PS3 compatible bluetooth headsets. I have a Sony Ericsson HBH-PV705 headset... And it's not on that list. There's a Sony Ericsson HBH-PV702 on that list so I don't know what to think right now.
Mine at least looks exactly the same as the one on the list, so... Fingers crossed.

Oddman
03-05-09, 08:59 AM
And it worked!! XD And it was a blast! XD

Last night i couldnt quite put it into words how fun it was. later on it just became so...how can i say this, spot on, as if how things should've been from the beginning. as if there was a void in the beginning and then it got filled. so yeah, i guess it simply hit the mark - bullseye. XD great fun.

and yeah youre kind of right 'bout the memorisation. enemies still tend to surprise me even after all this playing.

Outi
03-05-09, 11:57 AM
Man it really bothered me how I could hear my own voice through your headset. And... My voice coming from your side sounded like Michael Jackson talking... which isn't good at all. XDDD
So I had to test my headset after we finished playing just to see how my voice really is. 'Cause I haven't honestly heard my own voice like that in something like 10 years. And thankfully, I don't sound anything like Michael Jackson XD
But it sure sucks if my sound quality on your side is anything nearly as bad as how it sounded to me. 'Cause that could be because of a poor internet connection provider. And that's something I can't do anything about.

Oh, but Mercs is really fun! It's also really tiring because it's so hard. But I love that game mode still. And I think we should try and get through the last bits of the story mode on pro... It just sucks that we have to go back for that Ndesu -who we gave up on- again to get the trophy.

EDIT:
Oh and I know how to get that Who Do You Trust trophy!
Every time your partner gives you something, heals you or helps you out in any way, hit the circle button to thank him/her. You need to do this about 15 times. If we feel like we're lazy we can just start some level off by juggling some random item between our inventories and thanking eachother until we get the trophy.

Alonzo Orion
03-05-09, 01:33 PM
I just love this game for the way you can shoot a zombie in a part of it's body, run up to it and go BAM! I would like to jump out of my seat everytime this happens and scream "YEAAAAH!"

Oddman
03-05-09, 09:27 PM
youre crazy man XD well, i especially like that its actually leaves a mark on the enemies when you shoot them, say, through their chest or head. i like that XD

Man it really bothered me how I could hear my own voice through your headset. And... My voice coming from your side sounded like Michael Jackson talking... which isn't good at all. XDDD
So I had to test my headset after we finished playing just to see how my voice really is. 'Cause I haven't honestly heard my own voice like that in something like 10 years. And thankfully, I don't sound anything like Michael Jackson XD
But it sure sucks if my sound quality on your side is anything nearly as bad as how it sounded to me. 'Cause that could be because of a poor internet connection provider. And that's something I can't do anything about.

Oh, but Mercs is really fun! It's also really tiring because it's so hard. But I love that game mode still. And I think we should try and get through the last bits of the story mode on pro... It just sucks that we have to go back for that Ndesu -who we gave up on- again to get the trophy.

EDIT:
Oh and I know how to get that Who Do You Trust trophy!
Every time your partner gives you something, heals you or helps you out in any way, hit the circle button to thank him/her. You need to do this about 15 times. If we feel like we're lazy we can just start some level off by juggling some random item between our inventories and thanking eachother until we get the trophy.

i can hear my voice coming out of your headset too XD and it sounds a bit robotic as well XD but youre saying that your real voice is a bit different too? how about trying to tweek it? with the voice changer option..maybe thatll help..XD or it could screw things up even further XD

and we will most definately beat pro. not tommorow though, maybe tuesday, if youre up for it.

and yeah mercs are great fun and i couldnt tell why i hated it so much at times...and the answers simple - its HARD. We need to memorise the enemy spawn locations so that we wouldnt run out of enemies to kill, melee as much as we can and simply be 1337! XD

and to that edit of yours: KARMA SYSTEM!!! XD we've been bad! it wont be easy to please the AI or ourselves! XD

Outi
03-05-09, 09:52 PM
i can hear my voice coming out of your headset too XD and it sounds a bit robotic as well XD but youre saying that your real voice is a bit different too? how about trying to tweek it? with the voice changer option..maybe thatll help..XD or it could screw things up even further XD

and we will most definately beat pro. not tommorow though, maybe tuesday, if youre up for it.

and yeah mercs are great fun and i couldnt tell why i hated it so much at times...and the answers simple - its HARD. We need to memorise the enemy spawn locations so that we wouldnt run out of enemies to kill, melee as much as we can and simply be 1337! XD

and to that edit of yours: KARMA SYSTEM!!! XD we've been bad! it wont be easy to please the AI or ourselves! XDI don't think the voice changer will help much. After all, when I'm testing the headset, my voice it just fine. If it sounds bad on your side it must be because of my internet connection. So the bottom line is that my headset works just fine. And if I start playing with the voice changer it'll only take my voice further away from reality. I don't want to sound like Satan or a chipmunk (trust me, I've tried the voice changer and any change I make sounds just corny).
Plus... I don't know. Maybe you hear me just fine. I mean... The headset doesn't mess up my voice when I'm testing the thing. My voice only sounds weird when I hear the echo through your headset. But you're the only one who knows how it sounds at your end. All I know is that it sounds good when I test it. And it only sounds weird when it's going from my headset, through the internets to your headset, and echoing back through the internets again to my headset.

And sure I'm ready to finish pro! Anytime! Anytime!
We only have the last four missions to go and then there's that damn Ndesu.
Oh, and I got the "Who Do You Trust" trophy!

Oddman
04-05-09, 07:40 PM
i hear your echo and you hear my echo on your headset. i guess we both hear slightly different version of our voices. ehh no big deal.

DAMNNNNN Ndesu..XD

oh and how long did you play around with your partnah to get it?

Outi
04-05-09, 09:18 PM
oh and how long did you play around with your partnah to get it?Not for long I actually did it on the conveyor belt where the failed experiment-dudes grab you. Must've been less than 2 minutes.

Oddman
07-05-09, 02:20 PM
me too XDD

so. now that youre on. lets go play. and finish PRO!!!! ill help ya do the two other trophies as well. well at least the works.

Outi
07-05-09, 02:21 PM
Righto! Let's do this!

Oddman
07-05-09, 02:58 PM
lalalalalala.....

Outi
07-05-09, 08:32 PM
Booyah!
We own!

Finally got all the trophies AND beat all the Mercenaries missions/unlocked all the characters except the last one.

Nova
07-05-09, 09:49 PM
Booyah!
We own!

Finally got all the trophies AND beat all the Mercenaries missions/unlocked all the characters except the last one.

Yay :)

Ndesu is pretty hard on pro, me and a friend played through pro a while ago (splitscreen) and we couldn't beat Ndesu, and we probably tried over 10 times. Later the same day I tried by myself and S ranked the mission.

I have all the original trophies so I have the platinum, but I don't have all versus trophies yet ( I haven't played RE5 in a while). Most of them are just time consuming though, and I'll get them eventually if I just play enough.

Mercenaries and versus is definitely the most addicting part of RE5 (I love experimental facility stage).

Outi
07-05-09, 10:22 PM
Ndesu is pretty hard on pro, me and a friend played through pro a while ago (splitscreen) and we couldn't beat Ndesu, and we probably tried over 10 times. Later the same day I tried by myself and S ranked the mission.That's because the game's difficulty is raised when you play with a human and not an AI. (Meaning that your friend doesn't suck XD)
We tried Ndesu probably 30 times with Oddie and we just got our asses whopped. Then we went offline and we both beat the boss on pro in singleplayer. And considering how I beat the boss on the first try and took only one hit during the whole fight on single player, I probably would have scored an S rank too... But since I didn't restart the mission on single player - I just continued from the last checkpoint save - I had too many deaths from the co-op attempts to get an S.

I have an S rank on each mission on Easy, Normal, Veteran, and in some Pro missions.
I'll have to play Pro again on single player later and get an S from all the missions since it's easier without a human-controller partner (and your rank won't go down if your stubborn human partner doesn't listen to you and gets himself killed ,D). But that'll probably be a breeze considering how my lowest ranks on Pro at the moment are A's.

Nova
08-05-09, 10:58 AM
Same here, I've got S rank on all chapters except a few on pro (which I have A rank on).

Oddman
08-05-09, 01:26 PM
patience! not skill! XD

That's because the game's difficulty is raised when you play with a human and not an AI. (Meaning that your friend doesn't suck XD)
We tried Ndesu probably 30 times with Oddie and we just got our asses whopped. Then we went offline and we both beat the boss on pro in singleplayer. And considering how I beat the boss on the first try and took only one hit during the whole fight on single player, I probably would have scored an S rank too... But since I didn't restart the mission on single player - I just continued from the last checkpoint save - I had too many deaths from the co-op attempts to get an S.

I have an S rank on each mission on Easy, Normal, Veteran, and in some Pro missions.
I'll have to play Pro again on single player later and get an S from all the missions since it's easier without a human-controller partner (and your rank won't go down if your stubborn human partner doesn't listen to you and gets himself killed ,D). But that'll probably be a breeze considering how my lowest ranks on Pro at the moment are A's.

oh THX for the stubborn part XD

and THAT how you managed to beat ndesu so fast...you didnt restart the mission -_-.............

oh and like you said. its a breeze. and it really is that way. then if its a breeze no skill is required (ndesu fight requires coolness which i was running out of XD) patience is the biggest factor. and the only one too XD a bit of luck too XD

Outi
08-05-09, 01:56 PM
patience! not skill! XD

oh THX for the stubborn part XD

and THAT how you managed to beat ndesu so fast...you didnt restart the mission -_-.............

oh and like you said. its a breeze. and it really is that way. then if its a breeze no skill is required (ndesu fight requires coolness which i was running out of XD) patience is the biggest factor. and the only one too XD a bit of luck too XDYes, I completely agree with you.
I have no skill whatsoever when it comes to RE5. The reason why I got an S rank on all Easy, Normal and Vet missions was just because I'm so patient. Also the reason why I keep scoring better ranks on Pro than you is because I'm so patient.
You have the massive RE5 l33t skills and that's why you score B's.
I have patience - which is not as important as skill, but it still appears to be the only thing that matters - and that's why I score S's and A's.
Why can't you just admit that I'm better at RE5 than you?

Oddman
08-05-09, 02:00 PM
oh come on dont be mad XD scoring S is real easy in this game (except mercenaries) just takes time. and im not scoring A's or S's and scoring B's is that i dont care about the rank. playing for fun, especially with you. yo uthink if i wanted an A, id let myself get killed that much? HELLZ NAW. XD

Outi
08-05-09, 02:02 PM
oh come on dont be mad XD scoring S is real easy in this game (except mercenaries) just takes time. and im not scoring A's or S's and scoring B's is that i dont care about the rank. playing for fun, especially with you. yo uthink if i wanted an A, id let myself get killed that much? HELLZ NAW. XDOh I know you don't care about your ranks.
That's why you swear every time you get a B and then you complain about how I always get better ranks XD

Oddman
08-05-09, 02:08 PM
thats just silly ranting! XDD ya see, th' way things work is that i completely forget about the ranking at the end and just play the game. but when the end screen is shown i recall that this stuff is being rated and swear at it. then the next chapter in i forget about it again XD

or so i say XD

Outi
08-05-09, 02:10 PM
thats just silly ranting! XDD ya see, th' way things work is that i completely forget about the ranking at the end and just play the game. but when the end screen is shown i recall that this stuff is being rated and swear at it. then the next chapter in i forget about it again XD

or so i say XDHey... it's okay.
Nobody's gonna judge you even if I'm better at RE5 than you.
Everybody knows I do a lot of things better than you XD

Oddman
08-05-09, 02:13 PM
thank you. thats very nice of you XD

oh and i see that youre keeping a good eye on this forum. why not convert that time into some mercs time? XD in other words - LETS GOOOO!!!

Outi
08-05-09, 02:20 PM
Nope, sorry. I don't feel like it.
I can't spend every evening playing RE5 when I've got new games to beat too.

Oddman
08-05-09, 02:26 PM
oh, okay, gotcha.