PDA

View Full Version : Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of the Metafalica [PS2]

Insp. Chin
27-04-09, 07:41 PM
Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of the Metafalica is the sequel to the only 'RPG Sim' where players can 'dive' into the psyche of their teammates to help solve their psychological problems and issues - while saving the world through the power of song.

Coming May 29th 2009 for PlayStation 2 in Europe.

silvertongue
27-04-09, 11:43 PM
This news is absolutely amazing! There's gonna be alot of happy people in the UK!

I just hope they sort that nasty glitch out that's just before the final boss in the U.S version.

Do you have any idea if it's gonna be a premium version?

OOooo i'm so excited. I've already played it once but i'll definitely go through it again!
:)

Is it 100% getting a UK release?

Leady FF ^^
28-04-09, 09:43 AM
We won't have the premium version ffor Ar Tonelico II. Just the standard packaging at £19.99.

El_Patas
28-04-09, 11:05 AM
Hi,

but this is the only edition comes to Europe?

This is a choice from Koei or from Nis?

No possibility of a Premium version?

Is possible when is published in the other european countrys,
comes the Premium version?

Wait a second, when you say the standard packaging, do you
mean the game only whith the standard case, and without
the deluxe box and any extras? just the simple and single typical case?

Nisa don't have published in USA, any version with only the standard case.

Regards.

Leady FF ^^
28-04-09, 11:09 AM
Hi, Im not sure about outside of the UK as we are only responsible for that. But in Uk it will just be a standard PS2 case with no extras this time.

El_Patas
28-04-09, 11:15 AM
Mm, its so strange, only just the game, when in USA don't
appeared never?

This is a decision of Koei or Nis?

Regards.

Leady FF ^^
28-04-09, 11:44 AM
I cant really comment on policy, just give you the facts :)

Insp. Chin just lauched the game page:

http://koei.co.uk/viewgame/?gid=79

PrismZeo
28-04-09, 12:39 PM
This news is absolutely amazing! There's gonna be alot of happy people in the UK!

I'm sure one of them!:D

I just hope they sort that nasty glitch out that's just before the final boss in the U.S version.

I hope so too...

Is the story linked a lot to the first game or do you not really need to know much about it? Either way I'm gonna try finish the first one before this comes out!

silvertongue
28-04-09, 02:49 PM
I'm sure one of them!:D

I hope so too...

Is the story linked a lot to the first game or do you not really need to know much about it? Either way I'm gonna try finish the first one before this comes out!

It's a complete stand alone story so no need to have played the first one. There are couple of references but nothing that affects the story in any way, shape or form.

As for that glitch PrismZeo, don't worry about it, if it is still in it there is a way around it. All you have to do is deal 40k of damage in your first 3 turns or something like that. I can't remember 100% but it's not as hard as what you might think.

If you want to play the first Ar Tonelico search on eBay and search European countries. I got the Italian version. The game is in full English anyway except for the back of the box art and manual.

ManaAlchemist
28-04-09, 03:15 PM

I think a lot of people all over europe will be happy about it too, since if it comes to UK, it gets much easier to get a hold of than if it just comes to france or such like the first game. :)

It's a complete stand alone story so no need to have played the first one. There are couple of references but nothing that affects the story in any way, shape or form.

That sounds good. At least the i won't have to wait to play it untill i get the first. :)

I kinda hope though that the place i've pre-ordered the game from (webhallen.com as usually) will lower the price they have for it right now as it's almost double the price it'll go for in the UK, which makes it hard for me to get Prinny: Can i really be the hero too since i'm running extremely low on money this summer with all the games coming out.

PrismZeo
28-04-09, 03:46 PM
Okay thats good to know...I didn't really think I'd manage to finish the other one quick enough anyway

As for that glitch PrismZeo, don't worry about it, if it is still in it there is a way around it. All you have to do is deal 40k of damage in your first 3 turns or something like that. I can't remember 100% but it's not as hard as what you might think.

:) That's easy right?

If you want to play the first Ar Tonelico search on eBay and search European countries. I got the Italian version. The game is in full English anyway except for the back of the box art and manual.

Yeah thats the one I have, I bought it from here: http://videogiochi.dvd.it/giochi-per-ps2/giochi-di-ruolo/ar-tonelico-melody-of-elemia/dettaglio/id-849490/

I even went and recorded some of it to prove it was english (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJGBIqAvFjI) to someone on gamefaqs and they still didn't believe me. They thought I faked it, heh. (why would I bother?)

silvertongue
28-04-09, 06:43 PM
It's easier than it sounds but you gotta have fast fingers, lol!

Thanks for the link to that site I'm sure it'll come in handy :)

I can't believe they still didn't believe you after you'd recorded it! As for faking it, why would you waste your time? lol!

How's this for an AMAZING bargain:

http://www.play.com/Product.aspx?r=PS2&title=9732996&PRODUCT_TITLE=Ar-Tonelico-II-Melody-Of-Metafalica

Ar Tonelico 2 £14.99 with Play.com

Mine is all pre-ordered!

Leady FF ^^
28-04-09, 10:44 PM
they are so quick off the mark, they even added the US packaging! lol

ManaAlchemist
29-04-09, 05:25 AM
Leady do you know if the game will have the same box art as the US? (And do you also know if Cross Edge and Prinny will have the the same box arts as the US?). Just wondering this since Koei has usually been better (IMO) at choosing box arts for the games than NIS America. :D

Leady FF ^^
29-04-09, 09:17 AM
hiya, its different now as we are the distributor not the publisher so that is up to NISA. if you check the game pages on the this site you can see the boxarts for each game.

silvertongue
29-04-09, 10:11 AM
Leady do you know if the game will have the same box art as the US? (And do you also know if Cross Edge and Prinny will have the the same box arts as the US?). Just wondering this since Koei has usually been better (IMO) at choosing box arts for the games than NIS America. :D

The artwork is the same as the U.S. version really. the U.S. premium version came in a cardboard box which is purple in colour (like on the play.com site) but the game inside the box is like the one on the Koei gane/product page.

ManaAlchemist
29-04-09, 12:58 PM
Okay. Well at least it's not a bad cover. :D And of course, it's the game that really matters, not the cover. :)

Discordia
30-04-09, 10:01 AM
Did NIS:E fail or something? I wonder if that is the case why KOEI are handling NIS:A's publishing again.....

El_Patas
30-04-09, 01:19 PM
I see now the cover is in the game.uk site, is the same as the play.com,
with the logo of Nis America.

And the cover what is here in the section of games, seems the same with
the logo of Nis America, but the cover is too little for read the logo and know it for sure.

The Uk version have the logo of Nis America or Nis Europe?

And the second question, if this have the logo changed to Nis
Europe, this is really the only difference between the cover of the US
version and the Uk version?

Regards.

Onislash
30-04-09, 01:24 PM
Looking at some NIS:A covers they changed the NIS:A logo. The NIS:E looks like the original NIS:A one, so I would guess it is NIS:E.

I would imagine it is the same game, why would it change?

El_Patas
30-04-09, 01:39 PM
The thing make's me very confusing, is in both cases, the cover have
in the left side the european stamp of PEGI for rating the games of
audiences, and in the right side the logo of Nis America.

This is very strange and confusing.

The hand of Photoshop?

About the cover itself, i don't like it changes from the USA versión, is right if is the same,
only i like know the question about the logo, and the confirmation if this is really the cover.

Regards.

silvertongue
30-04-09, 01:58 PM
The blue cover that you see here is the same as the one that's inside the outer card box of the U.S version except for the pegi rating. The outer card box the U.S one comes in is purple but same picture.

El_Patas
30-04-09, 02:04 PM
Yes, i know this, but the logo of Nis America and the code of the game
"SLES 55444" is correct and true in this cover Pal version?

Regards.

PrismZeo
06-05-09, 01:28 PM
Insp. Chin just lauched the game page:

http://koei.co.uk/viewgame/?gid=79

Coming May 29th 2009 for PlayStation 2 in Europe.

Is that a mistake on the game page? It says 9th May

silvertongue
06-05-09, 03:47 PM
Is that a mistake on the game page? It says 9th May

It says the same on the Koei News letter too.

BTW love the news letter :)

Ranger Ryu
06-05-09, 04:52 PM
Unless the game's coming out on saturday,it must be a typo.

Leady FF ^^
06-05-09, 04:58 PM
It's released 29th May ^^

Insp. Chin
06-05-09, 05:24 PM
It says the same on the Koei News letter too.

BTW love the new letter :)

Hiya I've corrected the typo. If you refreshed it would be fine there.

http://upload.koei.co.uk/newsletter/vol7.jpg

Apologies and will be careful next time, it's 29th May *bows*

El_Patas
06-05-09, 09:03 PM
And this cover with the logo of Nis America and the code "SLES 55444" is
really true in the Pal cover?
Or is another typo error?

Regards.

silvertongue
06-05-09, 11:17 PM
great stuff Chin, thanks :)

Leady FF ^^
07-05-09, 09:15 AM
And this cover with the logo of Nis America and the code "SLES 55444" is
really true in the Pal cover?
Or is another typo error?

I'm not sure of the SLES but that is basically how the UK cover will look.

El_Patas
07-05-09, 11:43 AM
Okey, thanks at last for your response, anyway in a few
weeks the game is out, and i know it for sure.

Regards.

Generic Member
22-05-09, 10:31 AM
I have my pre-order in, looking forward to this.

I'd just like to ask though, looking around it seems the bug at the end of the game has been fixed in the PAL version (Thanks for that), but one of the other criticisms of the game I've seen has been the localisation - It's not going to be a game killing factor for me, but it would be nice to know if we're getting the exact same translation that the US version had, or if it's been revisited somewhat and tidied up.

Thanks

silvertongue
24-05-09, 08:47 AM
I have my pre-order in, looking forward to this.

I'd just like to ask though, looking around it seems the bug at the end of the game has been fixed in the PAL version (Thanks for that), but one of the other criticisms of the game I've seen has been the localisation - It's not going to be a game killing factor for me, but it would be nice to know if we're getting the exact same translation that the US version had, or if it's been revisited somewhat and tidied up.

Thanks

I hope the bug near the end has been fixed too although like I've said before you can get round it.

Not long now till release day :)

ManaAlchemist
24-05-09, 05:38 PM
Yeah finally it's only until Friday left. :) Though i really hope that the stores here get it faster in stock than what happened to Mana Khemia (which took about a week extra to get to the stores here in sweden).

Generic Member
25-05-09, 10:17 AM
Well, from what I understand reading other sources the bug has been removed in our version for sure.

I'm more interested in whether the translation's been revisited at all, but to be honest I doubt it's as bad as I've seen it made out to be anyway.

silvertongue
25-05-09, 10:24 AM
Well, from what I understand reading other sources the bug has been removed in our version for sure.

I'm more interested in whether the translation's been revisited at all, but to be honest I doubt it's as bad as I've seen it made out to be anyway.

Well I can't remember exactly but I do remember there were some bad punctuation and grammar in the U.S. version which I was amazed at but nothing that's gonna distract you from the game.

Leady FF ^^
26-05-09, 08:44 AM
Hi Everyone. We have a problem with the barcode on the Ar Tonelico II stock we have recieved so we will not be shippinng it out yet. Sorry - this will be delayed. I'll let you know when we have more information.

ManaAlchemist
26-05-09, 11:45 AM
Well that sucks. :( But oh well as long as we'll get it I'll be happy. But will this delay be long or only about a week or two?

silvertongue
26-05-09, 03:51 PM
oh no. Oh well gives me time to catch up with Mana Khemia since it's been neglected since Strikeforce came out :)

Leady FF ^^
26-05-09, 04:41 PM
Well that sucks. But oh well as long as we'll get it I'll be happy. But will this delay be long or only about a week or two?

Im really hoping it will not be more than 1 week max.

Leady FF ^^
26-05-09, 07:52 PM
OK, we have the correct barcode now. So we will tell the retailers and distributors tomorrow and I hope that we can start shipping out tomorrow and Thursday.

ManaAlchemist
26-05-09, 08:09 PM
That's great to hear! :D Shouldn't be to much longer we have to wait then. :D

silvertongue
26-05-09, 08:40 PM
That was quick, yay!

Leady FF ^^
26-05-09, 10:12 PM
Thanks to Nippon Ichi for getting back to us so quick ^^

Generic Member
27-05-09, 09:17 AM
Pretty much no delay then? Thank you for the updates.

silvertongue
27-05-09, 12:51 PM
I just had an email from GAME telling me it's been put back to 5th June. Oh well it's only a week.

PrismZeo
27-05-09, 01:49 PM
I just had an email from GAME telling me it's been put back to 5th June. Oh well it's only a week.

I just got the same one. So...will it probably still that date now even though the barcode thing already been sorted?

Leady FF ^^
27-05-09, 09:07 PM
yep. We will ship them the stock on Friday. So expect to get it maybe Weds/hurs next week. So sorry about this guys.

silvertongue
28-05-09, 01:14 AM
yep. We will ship them the stock on Friday. So expect to get it maybe Weds/hurs next week. So sorry about this guys.

It's just one of those things besides like I said before it'll give me chance to get more Mana Khemia done over the weekend :)

ManaAlchemist
28-05-09, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately for me it seems that Swedish stores has put June 12th as the date for the game now, so I probably won't be able to get it until August then since my bus card expires before that so i can't get to the store (since i don't have enough money to buy a bus ticket when they are as expensive as they are here, and i can't afford to have it shipped home either). :(

Oh well i guess it's fine as long as the game still can be found then. Unless i'm lucky and can get someone else to fetch it, though that's probably impossible.

Azule
28-05-09, 10:24 PM
The game is available as of today in France.
That's cool but the distribution is messed up as usual, 505 Games seal of quality. Oh well. At least we have it.
I'll go buy it after tomorrow.

EDIT : I just bought it.
There's no 60hz mode.
WHAT.THE.HELL.

Generic Member
30-05-09, 08:07 PM
There's no 60hz mode.
WHAT.THE.HELL.

Are you sure? I know it's uncommon these days, but some games need you to hold a button while the console boots to even give you the option. Sure that's not the case with this?

...If not I guess we'll just have to put up with it being a tiny bit slower.

Azule
30-05-09, 10:09 PM
Are you sure?
Yes, unfortunately.

some games need you to hold a button while the console boots to even give you the option.
I tried actually, it doesn't work. There's no mention of that in the game manual.

we'll just have to put up with it being a tiny bit slower
Plus the black borders.

Well whatever.
I played two hours for now. It seems great :D

Generic Member
30-05-09, 10:13 PM
No widescreen either then I take it? Oh well, I'm used to that by this point.

silvertongue
02-06-09, 07:58 AM
Yay,
my Ar Tonelico 2 is on it's way. I'm so looking forward to playing this again :)

silvertongue
03-06-09, 12:35 PM
There's no 60hz mode.
WHAT.THE.HELL.

Mine has just come through the door so i popped it in to see about this 60hz mode and I can't believe they didn't include one. Not that I thought you were wrong it's just that I had to check for myself, lol. Oh well black borders have never bothered me before so I doubt they will now. Although seems bizarre when they added a 60hz mode to Mana Khemia PS2!

ManaAlchemist
03-06-09, 01:32 PM
Well growing up with TV's that couldn't even show 60hz (which was a hell when i got games like Metroid Prime 2 which was 60hz only), not having it in this game doesn't really matter to me, but I'm really happy now that the stores here has changed the release date from the 12th to the 5th, so now if they just can get it to all they're stores by then I'll be extremely happy.

By the way does anyone know why games get those black bars in 50hz?

Onislash
03-06-09, 02:09 PM
Atelier Iris 2 had the 60hz pretty sure so it is a weird. That said if you hate it that much, send it to me, its not coming to Australia.

PrismZeo
03-06-09, 11:11 PM
The first Ar Tonelico had a 60hz option, so...kinda odd this one doesn't. Still its not like I could ever tell the difference anyway...

Just had a quick go and was surprised the battle system was so very different from the last game! Kinda reminds me of the one in Valkyrie Profile so far

Anso
07-06-09, 01:45 PM
Got the game today here in Sweden. I love that there's no mention of KOEI anywhere and the only visible logo is NIS America :D

anyway, screw 60hz, I'll play the crap outta this anyway (when I've finished the first one)

ManaAlchemist
07-06-09, 03:42 PM
How can you like that there's no mention of Koei? They're the reason we're getting the game so we should see them as gods or something. I definitely think that they should have their logo on the game if someone is to have their logo on the cover. :D

And i was supposed to get this game during friday but unfortunately i wasn't allowed to go and fetch it thank to my graduation. :( And then i was supposed to get it today when my sis was going to fetch it after she had been at the Pokemon league (where they play the pokemon cards), but unfortunately the store was closed after that. :(

Oh well at least I'll be getting the game tomorrow.

Edit: And now I finally got the game. :D

silvertongue
08-06-09, 08:28 PM
So are you guys enjoying the game?

Anso
08-06-09, 10:32 PM
How can you like that there's no mention of Koei? They're the reason we're getting the game so we should see them as gods or something. I definitely think that they should have their logo on the game if someone is to have their logo on the cover. :D

That was irony, I forget how hard that is on the internet ;)

ManaAlchemist
09-06-09, 06:16 AM
That was irony, I forget how hard that is on the internet ;)

Ah yeah irony is quite hard to get through the net. :D

So are you guys enjoying the game?

Well not yet as i was thinking of waiting a little while with it so that i don't end up playing like 10 games at the time. Though I'll probably end up playing it today anyways because that game is really making me wanna play it. :D

Generic Member
10-06-09, 09:49 PM
Yeah I'm enjoying it, great so far - somewhere in the middle of the third phase at the moment.

...There's also a lot more to do in this game than I anticipated, which is good.