PDA

View Full Version : Cross Edge [PS3]

PrismZeo
22-03-09, 03:02 PM
So any of you looking forward to this game? Also known as X Edge, its an RPG crossover game for the ps3 made by Compile Heart along with Nippon Ichi, Capcom, Gust, and Idea Factory. Their characters in this game are from from Disgaea, Ar tonelico, Spectral Souls, Atelier Marie, Mana-Khemia 2 & Darkstalkers.

Unlike Namco X Capcom, this one is actually being translated into English and is due to be released in America sometime in May this year... I cant wait! :D

Jpn site: http://www.compileheart.com/xedge/
US site: http://nisamerica.com/games/crossedge/
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL-eCj24NOU
Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52nQ01TsBs4 (Character list spoilers at end)
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_Edge

silvertongue
22-03-09, 04:10 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game. So May is the expected U.S date? Hopefullly it will come to the UK if not it looks like importing is the next option. :)

SBaby
23-03-09, 01:57 AM
I'm actually relieved. I thought it was coming out in March, and I was worried that I wouldn't have the money for it. This way, I'll have enough for both games I plan on buying.

Shika
23-03-09, 08:46 AM
I don't have a PS3 T_T
But I went to see the characters, and they gave several outfits. Etna looks very cool in chinese dress :P

PrismZeo
23-03-09, 12:05 PM
I watched the battle video again, and I still haven't figured out how they got so many turns against the enemy. Maybe its something like Atelier's burst gauge that stuns the enemy when its full?

But I went to see the characters, and they gave several outfits. Etna looks very cool in chinese dress :P

Yeah I thought that one really suits her. Etna's prinny costume in the video section was just plain weird...

Leady FF ^^
23-03-09, 01:02 PM
I thought this was pretty cool http://nisamerica.com/register/index.php?sid=44852&lang=en

(looks NIS is getting like KOEI now - new costume/same character marketing lol!)

ManaAlchemist
23-03-09, 02:26 PM
This game is one of the reasons i really want a PS3, and now i hope that Koei, NIS Europe or maybe even Square-Enix will bring it to Europe around maybe june or so (because there's not that many Japanese rpg games out for it yet so i'd really want some more like this when i get a PS3 in June) and if no one brings it here i guess there's always importing. :D

I wonder if they'll have more costumes in the game though because they have made some really nice ones, and i'd like to see more stuff like that for the characters.

Onislash
24-03-09, 09:15 AM
I know very little about this game. Also, I recognise very few characters in this game. I have heard about the Darkstalkers series and have knowledge of 4 characters in the link provided, but that is not really enough to make me want the game. I do realise there are probably males that I recognise but still..

PS3 JRPG is limited to Disgaea 3,Enchanted Arms and Eternal Sonata with a few games possibly fitting in like Valkyria Chronicles. Thats rather low so any more would be great to see.

Would Europe get a game when so few characters are recognisable? Of the link provided Etna is the only one I imagine qualifies easily (I dont know about Darkstalkers in Europe) and no one else since Ar tonelico was released in 2 countries (IIRC) and the rest besides Atelier Iris have not been released in Europe.

Who are the Atelier Iris characters in the game? Whim reminds me of someone from AI2 but I dont think its her.

Leady FF ^^
24-03-09, 10:00 AM
I think Morrigan is well known here (amoungst long-term gamers anyway, shes been in any so many classic Capcom fighters).

PrismZeo
24-03-09, 10:15 AM
Who are the Atelier Iris characters in the game? Whim reminds me of someone from AI2 but I dont think its her.

I might have made a mistake there....but here's a character list if you want to check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_Edge#Characters

(I haven't read it myself since I want some of them to still be a surprise for me)

Onislash
24-03-09, 10:26 AM
There is no Atelier Iris characters, but I wont say more in fear of spoilers. (better safe than sorry)

Looking at that list that Prism provided there is 2 characters I do recognise that I imagine Disgaea fans will know but no one else beside possible Darkstalkers characters (there is a few on that list). Sure, if some company is brave enough to try it great but not really likely, besides NISE I guess.

PrismZeo
24-03-09, 10:35 AM
Well I've fixed the mistake and added the link to the wiki in the first post now. I wonder if other people from those games might appear too but aren't playable?

Onislash
24-03-09, 10:51 AM
Hmm.. Sure why not?

Etna but no Laharl? Why? I can understand the prinny choice however, dood.

ManaAlchemist
24-03-09, 02:40 PM
Etna but no Laharl? Why? I can understand the prinny choice however, dood.

The only reason i guess Laharl isn't in the game while Etna is, is because the game seems to focus mainly on females from the games. And if that's not why i have no idea why he's not there.

Insp. Chin
27-04-09, 07:44 PM
Cross Edge is the ultimate hardcore cross-battle. Your favourite fighters from the stables of Capcom, Bandai Namco, NIS America, Idea Factory, and Gust come together for one gargantuan, doe-eyed slapdown.

Coming July 10th 2009 for PLAYSTATION 3 in Europe.

Leady FF ^^
27-04-09, 07:59 PM
isnt there already and thread for this you spammer Insp. Chin!

Insp. Chin
27-04-09, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Topic merged :3

Leady FF ^^
28-04-09, 11:49 AM
Cross Edge page ^^. The main guy looks a bit like Insp. Chin http://www.koei.co.uk/viewgame/?gid=81

PrismZeo
28-04-09, 12:25 PM
Cross Edge is the ultimate hardcore cross-battle. Your favourite fighters from the stables of Capcom, Bandai Namco, NIS America, Idea Factory, and Gust come together for one gargantuan, doe-eyed slapdown.

Coming July 10th 2009 for PLAYSTATION 3 in Europe.

Nice! :D
July's not too long to wait, I might not bother preorder the US one if the rosenqueen special thing doesn't turn out to be something I really want...

Discordia
30-04-09, 09:59 AM
I want this soooo much xD.

good to see KOEI manning up and publishing over here :D

Leady FF ^^
30-04-09, 10:38 AM
We ar distributing it in Uk and parts of Europe but I'm not sure who is doing AUS/NZ for you guys.

Onislash
30-04-09, 01:18 PM
More interested in figuring out whether it is to Australia coming first since Mana Khemia did not. Who did previous games (Disgaea, Atelier Iris series) in Australia?

Leady FF ^^
30-04-09, 02:20 PM
We did those and we used THQ as our distributor. Not sure who is doing it now. Maybe THQ directly?

Onislash
30-04-09, 02:52 PM
Do you know whether the game is a possibility of coming here? I probably should be asking NIS, I guess

Leady FF ^^
30-04-09, 03:14 PM
I'll try and find out for you next time I see them.

Onislash
30-04-09, 03:20 PM
Thank you.

Shika
03-05-09, 02:44 PM
Do you know if we can dream of a Xbox360 edition ? Or even a PS2 one ?

Tigre
12-05-09, 07:00 AM
Hello, i'm from france; can you tell me if the game gonna be traducted in french (and german/ita/esp like others games) for the european release ?
Because the period between the US release and the EU release is very short, i'm afraid the game is gonna being in english

Someone have informations about this please ?
Others koei games have been traducted in a small period between us et eu release or not ?
thanks and sorry for my bad english, that's all the problem !! :p

Leady FF ^^
12-05-09, 08:37 AM
Hello, we are not handling this title in France. I believe it will be sold by Nippon Ichi directly in France. Do any other French members know what is happening there? Shika?

Tigre
12-05-09, 12:01 PM
I buy all my games in online uk shop so it's not a problem, but so the version of the game by koei is traducted in other language or just english ?
i just want to know that ;)

In france, at a moment, a french distributor of mangas and animes KAZE was interested to release the game in france, but there is nothing one their officiel website so i don't know if it is a rumor or something like that.

thank you,
good day

Leady FF ^^
12-05-09, 01:08 PM
ah ok, well I will try and find out for you.

ManaAlchemist
12-05-09, 01:59 PM
Just for fun to know, which countries in europe except for the UK does Koei distribute games to? Or do they only do it in the UK, with others doing the distribution elsewhere?

Leady FF ^^
12-05-09, 02:28 PM
We are UK, Nordic, Greece and Benelux basically.

PrismZeo
15-05-09, 12:00 PM
Hey to anyone still planning to import or live in the US, Rosenqueen are doing a special preorder bundle

http://rosenqueen.com/catalog/Cross-Edge-Poster-Boy-Set-p-16205.html

The gift looks nice but I was expecting more from the fuss people were making about it

ManaAlchemist
24-06-09, 01:18 PM
Damn I'm getting tired of when developers reveal ports of games before they're even out in europe like the situation is now with Cross Edge as it's apparently being ported from PS3 to Xbox 360 and is supposed to be released in October in japan as Cross Edge Dash. Also here's where i read it if someone wants to read it: http://kotaku.com/5301926/fan-service-ps3-game-crossing-over-to-xbox-360

Now i just wonder if the 360 game has extras, but I'll probably end up getting both versions if the 360 one also will be released here.

Onislash
24-06-09, 01:22 PM
Heh, 4 millon years is far too long for some people. Never mind the 5 millon years for Australia.

I found Cross Edge on Australian EBgames site, so at least it looks like coming.

Anso
27-06-09, 12:06 PM
Since CrossEdge is being converted to Xbox 360, are there any plans to release that version too or is it dependant on sales?

(Congrats on the Tecmo merger btw ;))

Nova
30-06-09, 06:25 AM
I've had the game for a couple of weeks now (good thing the ps3 games are region-free) and I think it's really good. The game didn't seem that good at first to be honest (I had very high expectations), but after playing for a while I really started liking it.

There's one thing I don't like though, sometimes there can be some slow-down (if you encounter a lot of enemies or so). The sprites also look a bit blurry, kind of like in Disgaea 3 is you have setting B (or was it A?), but you get used to it after a while. it's also a bit strange how some enemies are 2D sprites, while some are 3D models.

Other than that I think it's a great game with a lot of depth. It's also pretty hard, but that's probably because I'm playing on hard mode =P

EDIT: I just beat the game ;)

ManaAlchemist
25-07-09, 05:32 AM
I was just wondering, has Cross Edge been delayed about a week? Because some stores here in Sweden have been changing the date from august 28th to september 4th.

Leady FF ^^
12-08-09, 04:36 PM
Some news on this. Sorry but the game has been delayed again by NIS until September 17th

In better news the Japanese Voice Option is confirmed for the EU version.

^^

ManaAlchemist
12-08-09, 05:01 PM
Well i don't mind it at least since those japanese voices will be in it :D (and of course also because i will probably not have a ps3 yet by that time :(). Also now i probably won't have to go to the city several days in september since One Piece UC2 comes the day after so i can get them at the same time. :)

PrismZeo
12-08-09, 07:41 PM
Delayed again huh? Oh well at least we know its still coming out, gives me more time to save for this & Disgaea 2

Mousou hat
12-08-09, 09:53 PM
I wouldve bought it if there had been suikoden characters in it.

Just etna and a prinny no matter how sexy they both are wont make me buy a game.

Onislash
12-08-09, 10:18 PM
Heh, I wait till the 25th.

Severok
13-08-09, 03:58 PM
does anyone know wicht language in the pal releases will be?

Only English?, will be jap voice inside? or will it be a localition on textes for every land?

ManaAlchemist
13-08-09, 04:54 PM
does anyone know wicht language in the pal releases will be?

Only English?, will be jap voice inside? or will it be a localition on textes for every land?

If you would have read a little while back you'd have seen that Leady confirmed Japanese voices in the game. As for the text I'm guessing that it'll be english only, but i have no idea if it'll really be like that.

Leady FF ^^
27-08-09, 11:11 AM
http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/RolePlaying/~r341787/Cross-Edge/?s=cross%20edge

GAME.co.uk just put their pre-order offer up. You can get some free post-cards with your pre-order (I have to say the artwork on there is kindve ummm...risque ^^. If you like your Anime girlies you will like these.)

Onislash
27-08-09, 12:31 PM
If you like your Anime girlies you will like these.

.. ;) .. UK only right?

Anso
27-08-09, 12:37 PM
Go pick it up people, I want Cross Edge Dash for 360 to get picked up too :D

razenkrautz
31-08-09, 02:29 AM
Since CrossEdge is being converted to Xbox 360, are there any plans to release that version too or is it dependant on sales?

(Congrats on the Tecmo merger btw ;))

I don't see the point in this release. ALL of the characters are playstation established characters from playstation established franchises. If the game sold **** on PS3, then I can't even IMAGINE how **** it's going to sell on the Xbox 360, especially in Japan.They should have just made a new multiplatform game instead of spending more resources on this version.

it's not unreasonable or farfetched to assume that the group of people that ported Agarest is still around (Cross Edge was built on a modified Agarest Senki platform)

the Agarest port was plagued with bugs (overflow error preventing XP from being gained if you earned too much from bosses, impossible to achieve all achievements, could not be installed) and patches were never released. The only thing Agarest gained was I believe 4 CGs and some dialogue that was a bit more risque than the original.

BTW: At this time, there are no plans to bring the game over.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Providence-Video-Game-Examiner~y2009m6d28-Cross-Edge-Dash-not-planned-for-US-release

Anso
31-08-09, 04:02 PM
I don't see the point in this release. ALL of the characters are playstation established characters from playstation established franchises. If the game sold **** on PS3, then I can't even IMAGINE how **** it's going to sell on the Xbox 360, especially in Japan.They should have just made a new multiplatform game instead of spending more resources on this version.

it's not unreasonable or farfetched to assume that the group of people that ported Agarest is still around (Cross Edge was built on a modified Agarest Senki platform)

the Agarest port was plagued with bugs (overflow error preventing XP from being gained if you earned too much from bosses, impossible to achieve all achievements, could not be installed) and patches were never released. The only thing Agarest gained was I believe 4 CGs and some dialogue that was a bit more risque than the original.

BTW: At this time, there are no plans to bring the game over.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Providence-Video-Game-Examiner~y2009m6d28-Cross-Edge-Dash-not-planned-for-US-release

You know, not everyone has a PS3. Also, PS2 owners sometimes have 360s too. It's that simple. Regarding port quality, that's too bad but games can be patched nowadays and it's often better than nothing for us without a PS3.

Don't make this into a war, I was just asking :)

razenkrautz
31-08-09, 07:51 PM
Im not trying to be a fanboy but seriusly there are better games than X-edge and I think they should focus on news and better project.

Im glad everyone could enjoy every game

Leady FF ^^
08-09-09, 05:55 PM
Sorry, NIS have put the game back another week in Europe to 25th September in UK and Europe.

ManaAlchemist
08-09-09, 06:21 PM
Ah so that was why the store i had pre-ordered it from had changed their release date to that day. Well it's not so much trouble as it's just a week later though. :D And well they're also at least supposed to give away those pre-order cards at certain places. :D

Edit: Strange, now the store I pre-ordered it from has changed the date to 17th September for no reason.

Leady FF ^^
09-09-09, 08:32 AM
Here's Eurogamer's review: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/cross-edge-review?page=2

7/10 is pretty good I think. This games seems to have reviewed better in Europe than in the States.

Discordia
18-09-09, 11:18 AM
Good to hear its getting better reviews over this side.

The biggest complaint was the battle system was complicated right?

Leady FF ^^
21-09-09, 08:57 AM
I should probably say that we shipped out to stores and web-sites back-end of last week so the release date will definately be 25th September in UK. No more delays. YAY!

ManaAlchemist
21-09-09, 05:02 PM
That sounds good. :D Hopefully it also means that the stores here (in sweden) get the games in stock in time for friday, which they usually don't (at least for Koei games for some reason).

CJZ
23-09-09, 12:31 AM
being a resident of the us, we have had the copy for some time now, i dont want to spoil anything, but i will say this game is by far one of my favourite games of all time, the pickup is really slow, thats the only flaw i see too it, and it has a quirky, yet serious storyline, the battle system is really hard to get down unless you played the game Ar Tenelico, overall i think the game is greatly worth the money (and i havent beaten it yet because my friend went off to college and weve been playing it together the whole time :()

Good to hear its getting better reviews over this side.

The biggest complaint was the battle system was complicated right?

i said before the system is very complicated and frustrating at first but i grew to love the flexibility and tactic involved with certain characters being placed in different areas

Onislash
25-09-09, 08:25 AM
So, any more opinons? Game was delayed till Tuesday in Australia, so I want to read many opinons.

Leady FF ^^
25-09-09, 08:34 AM
Yes, it would be good to hear peoples opinions on the game. Did anyone recieve the post-cards from GAME ^^?

silvertongue
25-09-09, 08:42 PM
the battle system is really hard to get down unless you played the game Ar Tenelico,

So is the battle system very much like Ar Tonelico? That's good to hear. I love the battle system in Ar Tonelico.

I really gotta get my hands on this game. Roll on payday, lol!

:)

Zimon
25-09-09, 11:48 PM
Heh, another game I'll love with Koei on it. I just ordered the game from Play.com so it should be here Monday! I can't wait!
Anyways, do you know if there are any plans to release the DLC in the PlayStation Store? Is this up to NIS or Koei? I know the game has only been out for one day but I would really like to throw my money your way if you do. :)

PrismZeo
26-09-09, 03:35 AM
Yes, it would be good to hear peoples opinions on the game.
Haven't got very far yet, quite different from what I was expecting. Love the battle system but...

Did anyone recieve the post-cards from GAME ^^?

Yep, I got mine...they're pretty cool. I wish they werent stuck together with that tape stuff though...it doesnt come off easily :(

ManaAlchemist
26-09-09, 11:36 AM
Just got home from picking Cross Edge up in the city (together with OP: Unlimited Cruise 2 and 2 manga books), so I finally have the game. :D
Though I'm really, really, really sad since i didn't get those post cards. :(

CJZ
28-09-09, 01:01 AM
Heh, another game I'll love with Koei on it. I just ordered the game from Play.com so it should be here Monday! I can't wait!
Anyways, do you know if there are any plans to release the DLC in the PlayStation Store? Is this up to NIS or Koei? I know the game has only been out for one day but I would really like to throw my money your way if you do. :)

im actually pretty sure the people who have word on whether the games DLC will be put out is Gust (nippon ichi in other words)if not capcom

Onislash
28-09-09, 02:37 AM
For the people who got the game EU wise, does it mention it on the box (DLC)?

ManaAlchemist
28-09-09, 05:17 AM
Yes the box here in europe says: "Check out the downloadable content on PSN!" so sooner or later it'll probably show up since there doesn't seem to be any yet.

Zimon
28-09-09, 10:01 PM
Yes the box here in europe says: "Check out the downloadable content on PSN!" so sooner or later it'll probably show up since there doesn't seem to be any yet.

That's good to hear!

Leady FF ^^
29-09-09, 08:09 AM
ChartTrack made a mistake in the UK charts this week and put Cross Edge in the Wii chart lol!

Onislash
03-10-09, 01:09 AM
Heh, did it do well? :cool:

Cross Edge is proving rather hard, being constantly in debt and my mages getting slaughtered practically every remotely challenging battle which means another 1800 to Morrigan and there goes my upgrade chances (no money = no access to buying stuff. Unique, is it not?).

CJZ
03-10-09, 07:55 AM
Heh, did it do well? :cool:

Cross Edge is proving rather hard, being constantly in debt and my mages getting slaughtered practically every remotely challenging battle which means another 1800 to Morrigan and there goes my upgrade chances (no money = no access to buying stuff. Unique, is it not?).

If it helps when i started the game i used Teenage Croix(York), Lyner, i dont know how far you are so im going to say Miko (Meiko maybe?) and especially Aurica, her Revival SP is such a life saver(literally) and well cost you a lot less than if Misha is your healer

heres my setup for them

------------------------------------------
l----------l----------l----------l----------l
------------------------------
l-Lyner-l-York-l-Miko--l----------l
l----------l----------l----------lAurical

i mainly put Aurica off alignment so that she isnt hit by and attacks that are more than 1X1, and if theres an enemy on the field that can hit her i usually dispose of that enemy as quickly as possible

if that helps at all for a basic setup

If anyone got that Teenage Croix joke im VERY surprised

Onislash
03-10-09, 09:37 AM
Eh, better not to spoil things.

I picked Misha over Miko as Misha hits everyone and Aurica needs to heal pratically every turn. I did use Miko for a while but she has Sweep only, and Misha can hit everyone.

Lyner/Ayatane are my main physical fighters but Lyner is turning out to be better for me.

I recently obtained Raze and Lily and neither are doing very good for me. Raze's damage is pathetic and Misha still hits for good enough damage to compare with Lyner and York while having better range than Lily.

Its possible that they might learn better moves but it takes an eternity to get 1 move up a level and I got 10 odd characters who are in the same boat.

CJZ
04-10-09, 12:27 AM
me too haha

i only used Miko until i had gotten Etna, and even then i found myself using Zelos in her stead very often, i never attacked with Aurica, i only used her to heal Lyner York and Miko, also, Raze is a terrible character in my opinion, Lilt is ok, but i much prefer physical attackers (later on in the game it comes back at you though

and Oni, what i wrote next pertains to very far in the game, i hope not to spoil

USE MIKO AND AYATANE A LOT! theres a portion in the game far into it where you can only use Ayatane, Miko, and (i cant remember his name, Yorks friend, looks like Vocaloid Kaito) also, i tend to use this combination when playing later in the game

NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE
LYNER, York, Lazarus,NONE
NONE, NONE, NONE, Aurica

York has really good movesets later on.
and i think Lyner is better to use later on, due to the skills that he knows later on (anything after Cross Slash ans Impact is still his best EX skill)
Lazarus is just a character i like to use and is funny, pretty damn strong though
And Aurica heals that cross area so i never have to worry about anyone dying(until INA).

i mainly chose these characters because i like their attitudes and they look cool honestly, but they are good characters (except maybe Lyner i think Meu might be better.)

Onislash
04-10-09, 01:53 AM
The "Dark Prince York"? La Pucelle is a older game now, but that pertains to something that is rather major for the game.

I have read the first spoiler but I"ll avoid the second for now.

Bosses have turned into somewhat of a joke after a point Etna plus prinny squad

For example -

Lazarus - Runs close to ko, fair enough but
Lillith + Vampire Guy - 1 gets a ko, other runs like a coward
Crazy claw guy - Gets hit for a round battle over
Troy and Friend - Does more damage after the battle
Bourd - Ends fast, I swear I was not that weak in battle
Raizen - Runs after getting a minor scratch, not to mention the first boss mentioned here hit a lot harder

I realise that people dont drop all the time after 1 battle but cant someone free up their schedule for 2 rounds?
I dont mind the first case that was at 20% HP remaining but the others barely bothered and ran almost instantly (Or I did... unwilllingly)

CJZ
07-10-09, 10:32 AM
most enemies run off after 5 rounds of combat if its not their designated time to be defeated, if your playing through on "hard" mode you need to kill them all in those 5 rounds to unlock the best of the 3 endings

PrismZeo
07-10-09, 01:04 PM
I must be slow at playing this game...I only just met & defeat Lazurus for the first time
So.. how much further do you have to get before more 4-slot weapons appear? I only have one for York and Marie so far...

most enemies run off after 5 rounds of combat if its not their designated time to be defeated, if your playing through on "hard" mode you need to kill them all in those 5 rounds to unlock the best of the 3 endings

Oh...so thats why they keep ending early? Thats kind of an odd choice... Is that why you get so much exp if you manage to defeat them in time?

Onislash
07-10-09, 02:22 PM
I have some for quite a few, but no one can use 4 moves in my party.

CJZ
07-10-09, 08:52 PM
yeah, the first time i had beaten the prinny i got a ridiculous amount and knew i shouldnt have beat him, and i dont recall how many times you fight Lazarus, but hes my favourite character besides York

i use him in battle and his sayings are pretty damn funny

CJZ
08-10-09, 08:38 PM
So.. how much further do you have to get before more 4-slot weapons appear? I only have one for York and Marie so far...

sorry i didnt answer that, in the game i have only made it to Ina (final area)
and i STILL 4 slot weapons (i really dont understand how you synth items and make them appear in the shop, i made really really good items for my characters through synthing and she NEVER puts them in the shop, only the crappy ones)

i just bought a RAILGUN (<3) and put it on York and a Blacksmith on Lazarus (Ginji Amano) ]

but really, you have to make the weapons unless you reach Post game
you start reaching the weapons with 4 slots on them around the third area of the mechanical looking place (cant remember the name)

PrismZeo
08-10-09, 11:25 PM
Hey thanks CJZ!

Onislash
17-10-09, 01:21 PM
Had to restart, chose hard mode for new game+. Why are new skills not equipable half time? An example would be Raging Waters (Miko skill) which is technically a skill from the start except you cant use it for quite a long time. For sure its not a unique case. Admittedly, it would help if more weapons would have equipable skills types other than the arrow.

CJZ
19-10-09, 05:04 AM
Had to restart, chose hard mode for new game+. Why are new skills not equipable half time? An example would be Raging Waters (Miko skill) which is technically a skill from the start except you cant use it for quite a long time. For sure its not a unique case. Admittedly, it would help if more weapons would have equipable skills types other than the arrow.

if you notice when you look at a weapon it has 3 categories (which correspond to the attack) the categories are BURST, DOWN, and (something with a yellow arrow), or all. you can only equip down to down, and burst to burst and all can take all of them

earlier in the game youll find that X is "DOWN" a lot and circle is "BURST" later on when you get better weapons you will be able to place your skills where you please (im not sure but i think X is always DOWN

Onislash
19-10-09, 06:45 AM
Im aware. Few weapons besides Guns dont bother with anything but the arrow for a long time.

CJZ
19-10-09, 10:20 PM
most of Yorks attacks are arrow attacks excluding i believe Quick Shot and Point Blank

Lazarus has some Burst moves and Down moves but you get him late in the game so you should be able to compensate

by the time you get Yorks burst attacks youll have weapons that say ALL on them so you wont have to worry about that

as far a weapons like Tera Memory and Mega Memory go, they really screw you over with those until near Ina

Normally the sword users besides Lyner have Burst attacks, but i value Lyner because i think he has one of the best play strategies in center front row.

PrismZeo
23-10-09, 09:34 AM
The first free Cross Edge DLC has been released now in yesterdays psn store update.
Hm... is it cheating slightly to use those items? Does anyone know what they are yet?

Onislash
29-10-09, 02:24 PM
There is a lot of things for cross edge out on the psn network when it updates today.

CJZ
29-10-09, 09:39 PM
Hm... is it cheating slightly to use those items? Does anyone know what they are yet?

i wouldnt really consider it cheating as much as i would using given benefits, but whatever floats your style really

Onislash
30-10-09, 12:25 PM
Final Boss spoliers

Raizen and Lazarus go off and kill themselves and cuts my party in half for the boss. Teach me not to read spoilers.. I cut the boss hp in 1/2 but then the boss gets 2 turns kaiser breaths me for 70000 damage.

EDIT: Finished! Interesting ending Miko "sacrifices" herself, York cries for eternity.

Onislash
08-11-09, 07:22 AM
Let me revive this..

Beat the final boss on the true ending and having some problems with the extra bosses. Anyone else in the same boat?

silvertongue
11-11-09, 05:57 PM
Well I've finally just bought it, yay!

Love love love the battle system. Nice to see more characters than I expected from Ar Tonelico. I only expected Shurelia, Aurica & Misha.

How long on first play through would you say the game is?

Onislash
12-11-09, 08:48 AM
The main game is not very long, but I didnt keep track of my time to complete it on hard. I would avoid the free DLC, it makes it very easy very fast.

silvertongue
12-11-09, 06:16 PM
The main game is not very long, but I didnt keep track of my time to complete it on hard. I would avoid the free DLC, it makes it very easy very fast.

Thanks for the tip. I'm playing through on normal mode first then i'll play through on hard.

Nova
13-11-09, 02:19 AM
Yeah, like Onislash said, avoid the DLC or the game will be too easy, you can get it later anyway. When I started playing Cross Edge there wasn't any DLC yet, I was playing on hard, and I was pretty under-leveled for the mostpart of the game, so it was pretty challenging, but fun =P.

Now I have most of the DLC, but I'm still missing a few of the trophies. I might get back to them someday though.
Anyway, enjoy the game ;)

silvertongue
13-11-09, 07:40 AM
Yeah, like Onislash said, avoid the DLC or the game will be too easy, you can get it later anyway. When I started playing Cross Edge there wasn't any DLC yet, I was playing on hard, and I was pretty under-leveled for the mostpart of the game, so it was pretty challenging, but fun =P.

Now I have most of the DLC, but I'm still missing a few of the trophies. I might get back to them someday though.
Anyway, enjoy the game ;)

I'll wait until I've finished normal mode before I get the DLC.

There's so many characters to choose from. My favourite four characters at the mooment are Lyner, Morrigan, Miko & York.
I've just recruited Raze, Lilly & Whim so I'll give them a whirl next.

Black_Dragon
16-03-11, 10:19 AM
i only ordered this game today as none of the frikken game shops have it is it any good or...?

silvertongue
16-03-11, 10:31 AM
i only ordered this game today as none of the frikken game shops have it is it any good or...?

I loved it although my trophy attempt on this was really bad. I think it was something like 7% that I got in the trophy department, lol! Also I found the searching was a bit tedious.

Black_Dragon
16-03-11, 11:16 AM
I loved it although my trophy attempt on this was really bad. I think it was something like 7% that I got in the trophy department, lol! Also I found the searching was a bit tedious.

Sounds tougher than i originaly thought .... oh well i have to use a walkthough then cause i heard that you can easily miss some of the tropheys :)

Nova
16-03-11, 11:38 AM

Some people love it, and some people don't :p
I think it's great though, but extremely time-consuming if you want the platinum trophy (which I don't have).

Sounds tougher than i originaly thought .... oh well i have to use a walkthough then cause i heard that you can easily miss some of the tropheys :)
It's almost impossible to do everything without using a guide, but fortunately there's a New Game+ feature, so what I did was that I used a walkthrough on my 2nd run.

Black_Dragon
25-05-11, 11:27 AM
Damn it the last boss kicked my collective ass with a super move. :mad:
and i was so close to ... i think i may have to be LV 120 or somthing

Emerald Emblem
26-05-11, 11:30 PM
It takes too long to level up, strategy RPG's aren't my forte either. I only made it up to fighting the Prinny, all the enemies were higher levelled than me so after I was trounced I gave up and traded it in. I wanted to like it but the aforementioned problems stopped me.

silvertongue
27-05-11, 10:48 AM
Damn it the last boss kicked my collective ass with a super move. :mad:
and i was so close to ... i think i may have to be LV 120 or somthing

If you get the DLC you'll probably find it a walk in the park saying that by the time PSN is up and running you'll have beat it!

Black_Dragon
29-05-11, 11:46 AM
@emerald sorry you couldn't get in to the game but i think its kinda fun to grind .

@Silvertounge
what if i said i had the DLC? and still lost. but i eventualy beat him took a while though now its the 5-2 bosses. (they make the last boss look weak) then its 5-3

silvertongue
29-05-11, 02:18 PM
@Silvertounge
what if i said i had the DLC? and still lost. but i eventualy beat him took a while though now its the 5-2 bosses. (they make the last boss look weak) then its 5-3

I would say well done, whoop whoop. Congrats matey!

Black_Dragon
29-05-11, 03:29 PM
I would say well done, whoop whoop. Congrats matey!

I am not sure you need all the costumes for a platinum as i am just missing the prinnys (must have missed a prinny battle somwhere but i havnt got a clue really) i am sure i searhed everywhere though ....:confused:

anyhow i got another 60h to do on this game :)

Emerald Emblem
29-05-11, 10:44 PM
@emerald sorry you couldn't get in to the game but i think its kinda fun to grind .
Don't get me wrong, I do as well, it's just taking forever to level up to be competitive that gets to me here. I mean only like 70 exp from the best enemy team and needing almost 1,000 to level up, it just takes too long. I mean I might pick it back up, since it's dead cheap pre-owned now and with the lack of money I could use a game that'll last.

Black_Dragon
30-05-11, 08:27 PM
Don't get me wrong, I do as well, it's just taking forever to level up to be competitive that gets to me here. I mean only like 70 exp from the best enemy team and needing almost 1,000 to level up, it just takes too long. I mean I might pick it back up, since it's dead cheap pre-owned now and with the lack of money I could use a game that'll last.

alright that sounds like a plan emerald.
as for me i need to grind further or just synth better weapons. (but marie has random fails so i guess i?ll saving after a few synths.

Black_Dragon
02-06-11, 02:06 PM
:D Yay beat that annoying floating sword now just that other annoying floating sword left

Emerald Emblem
04-06-11, 05:57 PM
The store I saw it in had already sold it...Meh I'm gonna go trade in at Amazon to get the limited Edition Arcana Heart 3 pack.

Black_Dragon
19-06-11, 03:18 PM
Just got to 5-3 man the monsters are ridiculously harder than 5-2.:confused:
but i suppose more grinding is in order.

Black_Dragon
02-07-11, 08:32 PM
I was wandering what party did you guys use or used during the game
mine is Raze, Morrigon, Etna, Lyner i have basically stuck to this party thoughout the game and was wandering which party you used?

silvertongue
04-07-11, 09:59 AM
I was wandering what party did you guys use or used during the game
mine is Raze, Morrigon, Etna, Lyner i have basically stuck to this party thoughout the game and was wandering which party you used?

If I remember rightly I think the main party or the party I used the most was Lyner, Morrigan, if the guy with the blue hair was Raze then him and Meu. I also used Miko, York, Etna and Marie quite a lot too. Morrigan and Lyner were two of my favourites though.

Black_Dragon
26-07-11, 10:36 AM
If I remember rightly I think the main party or the party I used the most was Lyner, Morrigan, if the guy with the blue hair was Raze then him and Meu. I also used Miko, York, Etna and Marie quite a lot too. Morrigan and Lyner were two of my favourites though.

ah cool i was wonder if anyone just used a party of magic users is all and now 5-3 has become insane :( further grinding is required plus the ultimate weapons.

Black_Dragon
01-10-11, 04:29 PM
Thats It! i cleared 5-3 and now have my party on lv 999 now just need to gather some syth materials

donialabbi
21-12-11, 03:26 PM
this type of games are very popular in the children and they play them very much and play them interestingly
jogos online (http://jogosonlinee.com/) now you can play online games without the installing