PDA

View Full Version : PAL PS2...?

Ramza
02-05-09, 08:26 PM
This has probably been asked before (though I didn't find any similar threads in any pages) but, is there the slightest chance that KOEI might release the PS2 version in Europe?

It seems weird to me that they wouldn't, since they've released every single other Warriors game in Europe that was released in the US as well...

It would be a shame if neither PS2 DWG games arrived to the old continent (the other being the JAP-only Gundam Musou Special) :(

LittleDragonZ
02-05-09, 10:51 PM
Extremely doutbful, Koei never released DW6 for the PS2 here, and I doubt they will with this game. I don't think there will be much profit due to the PS3 version being so superior, the PS2 console still diminishing over time, and the fans being more scarce.

Yurisatan
03-05-09, 07:07 AM
it would be also difficult to run such game with these kinda graphics.. i mean the performance of the ps2 should be great.

Thadius
03-05-09, 01:11 PM
I thought that with the first game, but it got a release with Musha Gundam 2 in Japan at least. But maybe the increased performance of this game would make it difficult to transfer to PS2 sadly.

Onislash
03-05-09, 01:22 PM
It has been made, and was sold in America (IIRC). Surely there are still PS2 owners unable to upgrade?

Nevfx
03-05-09, 03:53 PM
I doubt it, they didn't release DW6 Special in the PAL region. (Which I'm still angry about).

Are you asking because you don't have a PS3? If so...I'd start saving. Soon, the PS2 will fade out, and the PS3 will be the main focus for game companies like KOEI.

Then again, they said Warriors Orochi would be the last Warriors PS2 game...then there was Warriors Orochi 2. So the PS2 may last longer then we think.

Anyway, you should get a PS3 if you don't have one, or and XBOX 360, most KOEI games come out on the PS3 and XBOX 360. But so far, Samurai Warriors 3 is only announced for the Wii, so...

Ramza
04-05-09, 12:26 AM
Extremely doutbful, Koei never released DW6 for the PS2 here, and I doubt they will with this game. I don't think there will be much profit due to the PS3 version being so superior, the PS2 console still diminishing over time, and the fans being more scarce.
I guess so, but then again they did the bigger part of the job with the USA release -- adding English voice overs, translating everything from Japanese to letters and such.
With a PAL release they should just make a manual for 5-6 different languages...

Perhaps the Warriors games aren't too popular in Europe after all...that may be the biggest reason :(

I doubt it, they didn't release DW6 Special in the PAL region. (Which I'm still angry about).
I've just learned about that...I thought it was Japan-only.
Well, at least we're getting Strikeforce! :D
Although DW6's release history is VERY unique: the original was for PS3/X360, then came a somewhat de-clonized version for the PS2, and now an enhanced version (with loads of new stuff, no less) for PSP!
Usually, it's the opposite...:p

Are you asking because you don't have a PS3? If so...I'd start saving. Soon, the PS2 will fade out, and the PS3 will be the main focus for game companies like KOEI.
About that...I'm not planning to buy any new-gen consoles in the near future. I still have plenty of PS2/XBox/PS1 (!!!) games to even start (like Parasite Eve 2) :D

Thadius
04-05-09, 01:05 PM
Perhaps the Warriors games aren't too popular in Europe after all...that may be the biggest reason

Nah warriors is very popular in Europe, Koei probably didn't want to spend the extra money for a PAL release.