PDA

View Full Version : The Last Rebellion

ManaAlchemist
08-05-09, 10:39 AM
Today apparently NIS and HitMaker has revealed that they are making a new PS3 action rpg game called The Last Rebellion. NIS America apparently aims to release it this fall in america, but i have no idea when it'll come out in japan.

You can read a little more about it here and view some screenshots and artwork: http://kotaku.com/5245156/nis-reveals-the-last-rebellion-for-playstation-3

Leady FF ^^
08-05-09, 10:53 AM
I think NISA did a press event yesterday so they announced alot of stuff. Including:

http://kotaku.com/5245006/segas-sakura-wars-finally-coming-stateside-but-not-from-sega

Sakura Taisen finally coming in English. Personally, I cant wait for this. i used to play them in Japanese on the Saturn ^^

Shika
08-05-09, 11:11 AM
But WHY all these games are released only for PS3 !! If at least they'd be available for PS2 too, it would be ok.

Onislash
08-05-09, 02:05 PM
I prefer PS3, for importing reasons. Not to mention the $ savings. Sakura Taisen is PS2 anyway.

ManaAlchemist
08-05-09, 03:45 PM
I prefer PS3, for importing reasons. Not to mention the $ savings. Sakura Taisen is PS2 anyway.

And for Wii it seems. I can't really understand why they chose PS3 for all the games now days either, but because of that I'm going to get myself one soon. And i hope that the partner ship between NIS America and Koei will bring us in europe these games too. :D

Onislash
08-05-09, 03:48 PM
That opens importing for me, so I like it.

Gilgamesh1317
11-01-10, 04:32 PM
Sorry for bumping the topic, but I have to ask:

http://www.koei.co.uk/viewgame/?gid=90

It says here that the game is set for March 12th 2010 (same on GameFAQs). Is that right? If it is, then hot damn, I have one wonderful RPG-filled birthday coming up!

EDIT: Woops, didn't see the annoucement in the News & Updates forum...

silvertongue
11-01-10, 06:54 PM
I have one wonderful RPG-filled birthday coming up!

Same here :D

Leady FF ^^
12-01-10, 08:08 AM
It is coming but I wouldn't say that date is 100% nailed on yet (as you know sometime NIS games can slip at last moment). It should be around that time though.

silvertongue
13-01-10, 06:33 PM
So many games this year, it's so exciting. Really looking forward to this, Zil, Troy, Sakura.

Yay!

:)

Silent_gig
14-01-10, 01:29 PM
the majority of the games im looking forward to this year are from you amazing folks at Tecmo-Koei.

I love it!

Leady FF ^^
14-01-10, 06:52 PM
That's a good thing to know ^^

Leady FF ^^
16-02-10, 03:08 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/01/21/guess-which-disgaea-character-appears-in-last-rebellion/

I didnt know they had a Prinny boss in Last Rebellion lol!

Silent_gig
16-02-10, 03:09 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/01/21/guess-which-disgaea-character-appears-in-last-rebellion/

I didnt know they had a Prinny boss in Last Rebellion lol!

Yeah d00d, i hear their really hard to beat too lol
I cant wait to play this game.

silvertongue
30-03-10, 10:21 PM
So what do you guys think of this game?

I got mine on Saturday and I have to say looks wise it's not the best looking PS3 game out there. Only played it for a couple of hours so far. Loving the battle system, I'm just hoping the story gets a bit more gripping than what it is so far.

Silent_gig
30-03-10, 10:26 PM
I havent got my copy yet, but i plan on getting it this week.

To be brutally honest i havent been hearing good things about this game, most people complain about the graphics (which annoys me) and they also complain about the story.

Well screw all that!

Im no graphics whore and the story parts ive seen on youtube have actually grabbed my attention. I feel like this game will be really good for me. Im kinda psyching myself up for it now lol

silvertongue
31-03-10, 12:59 AM
I havent got my copy yet, but i plan on getting it this week.

To be brutally honest i havent been hearing good things about this game, most people complain about the graphics (which annoys me) and they also complain about the story.

Well screw all that!

Im no graphics whore and the story parts ive seen on youtube have actually grabbed my attention. I feel like this game will be really good for me. Im kinda psyching myself up for it now lol

Graphics don't bother me to be honest, I mean hey I loved SOS The Final Escape and Raw Danger (the sequel to SOS) and those graphics weren't the best either but both games were great too. I'm sure you'll like it.
Like I said before I'm only a couple of hours into it.
Also I love the battle music and to be honest the music in general in the game is great too.

Let us know when you get it and what you think.

***UPDATE***
OK now I'm 8hours in and the game is great!!

Just thought I'd tell you, lol!

razenkrautz
08-04-10, 07:09 PM
Im glad to see someone beside me show some love for Last Rebellion. I will buy it next month because March ruined me.

silvertongue
08-04-10, 08:06 PM
I've actually finished the game. it took just over 16hours, short for an rpg but it was great.

March was a mad month for releases, also ruined me but I was lucky enough to use my birthday money, lol!

Yuki-chan
10-04-10, 02:33 PM
Im thinking to buy this game, it is good?

razenkrautz
11-04-10, 01:05 PM

Last Rebellion basically is a linear dungeon crawler with bland places to explore and looks like a Playstation 2 title but has a deep battle system and a distinct atmosphere.

silvertongue
11-04-10, 06:16 PM

Last Rebellion is great, it's not one of the meatiest stories experienced in an RPG but it holds it's own. The battle system is another great part of the game. It kinda reminded me of the battle system in Magna Carta Tears Of Blood on the PS2 (another one of my favourite rpg's).
As for looking like a PS2 game, well yes it does to a point but don't let that put you off. At the end of the day isn't it the gameplay that keeps you hooked to a game?
For an RPG it is pretty short. It took me just over 16 hours to complete and that was to get the Platinum Trophy. Some have completed it in as little as 12 hours. The thing is it's an easy to pick up and play game, short yes but still fun. Also hearing that little tinkle when you get the Platinum Trophy always makes you feel proud to finish a game 100% especially when you haven't had to bang your head against a brick wall finding where to go next.

I'd say if you're unsure rent it first, also I wouldn't pay the 44.99 instore asking price that GAME have on it. I paid 30 for mine and don't regret a penny of it.

P.S. Also the fantastic Prinnies make an appearance too!

Have a look on YouTube for some videos that way you can get an idea of what it's like.

Here's one although the quality isn't great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzmB3YkwSpM&feature=related