PDA

View Full Version : Lu Meng

Kyz99
10-05-09, 12:13 PM
Was it just me or did he suck before DW6 :confused: He was Awesome in DW6 one of the best in Wu was a nice change tell me what you think :rolleyes:

God-Like Phoenix
10-05-09, 10:53 PM
I actually quite liked Lu Meng in the games before DW6, I just think that before...his appearance was just a bit bland, so when I finally saw his DW6 appearance, I thought it was absolutely awsome...it was unique, and I really nice change from all the armour he was stuck with :)

His moveset before DW6 wasnt all that bad either, but now thanks to the clone movesets...I havent really bothered to use him all that much -_- although my brother does like him...I think one of his favourites :)

LittleDragonZ
11-05-09, 08:45 AM
I remember in DW3 he had mega health with his White Tiger weapon, and I did use him sometimes but not a fave. In DW4 it was kinda the same thing, plus 5 and 6. So I've not been drawn in by him yet, though I really hope they keep his outfit in DW7 similar to what it's in DW6 which is my favorite.

Alonzo Orion
11-05-09, 10:16 AM
In Dynasty Warriors 4 he was my favourite character to play as, I think it was due to his attacks being precise or something down those lines, long time ago.

Yurisatan
11-05-09, 11:28 AM
I too liked lu meng in dw4-5 but in 6 he changed his outfit & a bit his spear.. that made me lose the interest in him

Onislash
11-05-09, 01:27 PM
DW6 made me remember who he actually is, In terms of personality he may of well been a NPC officer in earlier games.

Clones? Dont forget that Zhang Liao and Lu Meng were the same character in DW2, mostly the same character in 3 with a little more difference in 4 and 5. Oh yeah, dont forget the Charge move similar to a few characters that he has as well. Nice musou for dueling, cant remember most of the other moves he has.

Nevfx
13-05-09, 12:06 PM
I like Lu Meng in 6, just wish he wasn't a clone. He becomes a bit more individual I think, you realise what he is like a bit more, I never really knew him if you get my drift.

Kyz99
14-05-09, 10:40 AM
Yeah I guess he did lose some of his originality but I thought his moves improved although I was never that great with him in DW5 or 4 but i was quite good with him in DW6 he was the best character in Wu on 6 I think but Zhou Yu and Sun Ce where that little better :o

*Burning* Devil Scholar
23-08-09, 11:52 AM
My all time, forever favorite character, that will never change. He has a bit simple in the DW games prior to DW6, but now he plays more of a part, despite being a clone character. Although still not being the most difficult character to use, I feel although other characters move like him moveset-wise, he comes across unique to me, the Halberd moveset was almost definately made for him.

His character design for DW6 is amazing and distinguishes himself, even though not blessed with a story mode, he has good interaction with other story mode characters such as Lu Xun and Gan Ning. I'm rather grateeful for that as some clone characters have almost no significance in story mode now such as Xu Huang (in one scene with Zhang Liao) and Zhen Ji (who isn't in any).

I was drawn to Meng due to his history, that's what I look for in characters. I look up their background and characters are chosen by that, and I work how the creators make the character be portaryed. Overall though Lu Meng is my fovorite character, EVER.

CuckooBanana
23-08-09, 07:20 PM
I never really liked Lu Meng. His pike wasn't that cool and he looked kind of weird throughout the series. Only DW6 he looked cool but he also had a cloned moveset which made me still not like him that much. I hate his voice in DW6 because its so scratchy but his voices in the other games were good. Overrall he seems like a character they could have made extremely awesome but they held him back.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_9cad38a919a04db4a04ec903649b6c23/adobe-px-assets/2b121adcb96e4518955e7b99de86cacd

Toco
28-08-09, 09:12 AM
Lu Meng???? o u mean Old man lol
"Ling Tong and Gan ning, Stop fighting!" and then chases them with his halberd
Lu Meng is my fav old character (no offence) i would prefer to play him then huang zhong

Lu meng is pretty cool