PDA

View Full Version : Dissidia: Final Fantasy

LittleDragonZ
21-01-09, 08:55 PM
So many of you should know what this game is about. For those who don't it's really just a fanbased game where the heroes pit their wits and brawn against the villains from each FF title. It's a PSP exclusive game and has already been released in Japan.

I'll be one who waits until the EU release...

Ruka
22-01-09, 07:39 PM
Same here, I can't wait for the PAL version of the game. The release date hasn't been comfirmed yet, but the NA comes around Summer this year, we europeans should get it maybe at the end of the year...

The characters I'm most looking forward to play are: Gabranth, Cloud Strife, Kuja, Terra Branford, Jecht and Sephiroth.

Famitsu gave this game, 36 out of 40, won a Plantinum award and was the top pick of the week.

More info here: http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-vii/1371/dissidia-famitsu-reviews/

HebiYaro
22-01-09, 10:55 PM
I don't have much PSP games, so maybe I could actually buy it!
But I'm not sure if I'll like it!

Zenelix
22-01-09, 11:00 PM
I'm really looking foward to this. Having watched some videos of it on Youtube, I really like the looks of the gameplay, especially after that first fight I watched between Cloud and Sephiroth on those floating rock things.

I was thinking of importing it, but after a while I decided to wait for Strikeforce instead, and get Dissidia when it is released over here.

No idea who I'd play as... I'm going to wait until I can test each of the characters before I decide. Although, I am a fan of FF VII... :cool:

Ruka
23-01-09, 12:55 AM
I don't have much PSP games, so maybe I could actually buy it!
But I'm not sure if I'll like it! Maybe you could see a few videos on Youtube, if you played Ergheiz for PSX you will have a little idea on how the game works. :)

Its quite nice, since you characters level up and learn new techs, equipment. As expect from Square Enix the game has more than 100H, including all story modes, and unlocking everything.

HebiYaro
23-01-09, 01:08 AM
Yeah, but Ergheiz is one of the few games I bought & sold few months after it's purchase (and I use to never sell my games, except some games I didn't appreciate or if I need money for others), I didn't like it, it was not really fun to play with, even with playable FF7 characters...
It's mainly for that reason I'm a bit wary about Dissidia...

But Dissidia seems much better, and the fact that you can upgrade your skills reminds me of a rpg, it's a good idea ^^

Ruka
23-01-09, 02:20 AM
I agree I didn't like Ergheiz that much, tough I had spent some nice hours on the mini-games with a friend, tought I was a little deceptioned with both Quest and Story modes.

The Ex-Burst and Ex-Mode and learning abilities as you level up, makes the game much more interesting.

If your interested, take a look at the VS battle quotes between characters (translated to english.)
http://community.livejournal.com/ffchaoticcosmos/46913.html

Crimsondramon
23-01-09, 04:05 AM
Exdeath and Sephiroth are my mains ^^ Currently using Gabranth and Golbeza.

The game is freaking awesome. I had it in my PSP for almost 3 whole weeks XD

HebiYaro
23-01-09, 02:02 PM
To Gabranth :
Thanks for the Quotes!
I hope the japanese voice could make it here!
The game is beautiful in term of graphism. It's a plus.

Kimarau
23-01-09, 06:20 PM
I'm also waited for the europe release of this game, I can't wait to play this game.
I've so far have noticed two people at my Uni who have imported it in and we're playing it during lectures, with both of them saying it was a great game to play.
Can't wait to try it out myself! :D

Psycho_Ifrit
27-01-09, 03:03 PM
It looks brillant i cant wait to play as cloud, sephiroth, and Garland
I loved playing as cloud in ehrgeiz and no one could beat me as him so this should be great

Outi
30-01-09, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I'm definately getting this game!

Alonzo Orion
30-01-09, 10:00 PM
Just looks like yet another spin-off too me, since Square Soft and Enix merged, the games are rather like the originals on crack.

Insp. Chin
08-03-09, 01:27 AM
I seriously cannot wait for English version of Dissidia already!

Leady FF ^^
09-03-09, 10:08 AM
well you have a long wait 'til September Insp. Chin (and then maybe EIDOS will choose not to release it and you will waiting forever you Square Enix lover you!!!)

Black_Dragon
09-03-09, 10:41 AM
Yeah this game looks amazing hopfully it will be relesed here soon

Insp. Chin
09-03-09, 10:42 AM
well you have a long wait 'til September Insp. Chin (and then maybe EIDOS will choose not to release it and you will waiting forever you Square Enix lover you!!!)

>.< If that happened, I'll get JP version! But it's announced XD I also want to play Sengoku Basara on teh PSP XD

Ruka
09-03-09, 11:54 AM
Can't wait for this game to be released here, the first character i'll probably use is Cloud Strife, appearently he can break through just about any defenses on Ex-Mode. :D

I saw a few gameplay's of Ex-Death, he seems to be one of the most annoying opponent you can fight; by annuling just about any attack you do and counter with powerful ones.

Ranger Ryu
26-03-09, 06:13 PM
European release confirmed for the Autumn:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/dissidia-final-fantasy-here-this-autumn

Onislash
26-03-09, 06:23 PM
Good, that is not too long.

Ruka
27-03-09, 12:11 AM
Sweet thats awesome news. =)
Thanks for the info, Ranger Ryu!

Can't wait to play the game. ^^

Shika
27-03-09, 06:06 PM
Maybe you don't know, but in Japan will be released a pack PSP + game :
http://www.paperblog.fr/1300529/le-pack-psp-dissidia-final-fantasy-en-images/
(sorry, the few text is in French)
The PSP is beautiful :P It will cost around 240€ (once again, I don't know what it becomes in £) but, of course and sadly, it will probably remain in Japan.

I'm so sad to don't have a PSP, I want to play Ultimecia and Squall !!! But imo, Tidus and Jecht are really useless. Jecht isn't a very important character (I mean, in his human form, he doesn't show often, and we don't know a lot about him), and Tidus, well, I just hate him. Same thing for Gabranth, I don't understand why he's so appreciated... And they could at least add another FFXII character ! Like Ashe or Balthier (I'm not sure but I believe they're the most popular). And... no comment about the FFXI character u_u

Just tell me one thing, after a look at the character section : are all the characters revealed, or can we hope for new challengers ? =P
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dissidia/

Ranger Ryu
28-03-09, 01:20 AM
Considering the game's been out since december in Japan that's your lot.

Shika
28-03-09, 12:07 PM
I was hoping for a Director's Cur edition, or something like that :p btw, I'm not really concern by PSP games, but it would be great.

Jiahe
30-03-09, 11:28 PM
Hmm... I am not sure if I want this game still or not. I been a fan of the series since 1992 when I came across FFII for SNES but I started to lose interest in the series last year or so. If I do plan to get this game then I will most likely play as Cecil and Terra the most since they are my two favorites. ^^

Chi-Chi Blanche
31-03-09, 12:09 AM
yessssssssssss!!!!

now to get a PSP o.o

Nevfx
01-05-09, 09:40 AM
I'm hoping this game comes to EU, if it don't, I am not going to be happy...

To many games never get over here, you know. At least KOEI dn't tend to do that. Apart from with DW6: Special...

Onislash
01-05-09, 10:48 AM
This is a Final Fantasy game. I doubt Square Enix would not do that.

Nevfx
01-05-09, 06:56 PM
You say that....but they haven't released the Internation versions in EU, just the US.

They were good looking games too.

Outi
02-05-09, 12:02 AM
I'm pretty sure Square-Enix will release this game in Europe.
I mean... They've been talking a lot about wanting to reach the western audience with their games, and seeing as how they've published a lot of games in Europe that would have otherwise never made it here... Odin Sphere, Persona 4, Disgaea 3 and so on... It wouldn't make any sense if they decided to NOT release their most anticipated PSP game in Europe.

Nevfx
03-05-09, 04:58 PM
Good News!!

I just got my monthly Square Enix e-newsletter...

Dissidia is coming Autume 2009!!

Rejoice!

Outi
04-05-09, 04:58 PM
See, what did I tell ya!?

Shika
04-05-09, 11:03 PM
It was kinda obvious, SE people know that each FF game will massively sold (even if it's not good), so there was no point for them to not release Dissidia here. Btw, that's a good news for the fans (I mean the fans who own a PSP T.T)

Nevfx
06-05-09, 12:35 PM
See, what did I tell ya!?

You told us. :)

It was kinda obvious, SE people know that each FF game will massively sold (even if it's not good), so there was no point for them to not release Dissidia here. Btw, that's a good news for the fans (I mean the fans who own a PSP T.T)

Yep, but it would have been typical for the PAL region not to get it. SO happy it is, it looks fantastic. The fighting is reminiscent of the air combat in Strikeforce...

Onislash
06-05-09, 01:15 PM
Has a Square-Enix game not made it here? I guess the downside is for some of them it takes a really long time (1/2 year).

Outi
06-05-09, 02:58 PM
Has a Square-Enix game not made it here? I guess the downside is for some of them it takes a really long time (1/2 year).Well, when Square-Enix was still called Squaresoft, a lot of their games didn't make it here. In fact I think Final Fantasies were the only games we got here. And a spin-off game like this would have never been released in Europe.
Just look at Final Fantasy Tactics. That game didn't make it here until the 21st century remakes came along.
So yes, plenty of Square games have never made it here.

Onislash
06-05-09, 03:10 PM
That and Chrono Trigger I guess are the main ones. I agree, I doubt most cared about the Chocobo games or the "extra" stuff in FF8 that did not make it.

Outi
07-05-09, 05:38 AM
Yeah, of course those are the main ones.
The other main ones are Hanjuku Hero Tai 3D, Front Mission 1st, Front Mission History, Front Mission 4, a fistful of Full Metal Alchemist games, Final Fantasy X-2 International: The Last Mission, Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride, Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy: Itadaki Street Special, Radiata Stories, Romancing SaGa, Hanjuku Hero 4: 7-Jin no Hanjuku Hero, Grandia III, Heavy Metal Thunder, Code Age Commanders, Front Mission 5: Scars of the War, Dragon Quest: Shōnen Yangus to Fushigi no Dungeon, Dawn of Mana, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System, Hanjuku Hero, King's Knight, Treasure Hunter G, Front Mission: Gun Hazard, Xenogears, Einhänder, Astronoka, Rakugaki Showtime, Brave Fencer Musashi, Ehrgeiz, Soul Eater: Monotone Princess, Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen... for example.

And these are just the games from the Square-Enix era. No Squaresof games listed here (except a few PSN re-releases).

And god knows I wanted Code Age Commanders!

Onislash
07-05-09, 11:59 AM
Ehrgeiz came to Australia but not Europe?

Outi
07-05-09, 01:49 PM
I said "And these are just the games from the Square-Enix era. No Squaresof games listed here (except a few PSN re-releases)."

Ehrgeiz was a Squaresoft game. Thus this means the PSN re-release didn't come to Europe.
Come on, you do know that Final Fantasy X-2 was the first Square-Enix era game released in europe, don't you? And you probably also know that Ehrgeiz is way older than that. Then you must have realized what I mean here... But maybe you're just annyoyed 'cause I'm right and you're trying to take the conversation away from the fact that you didn't know that Square-Enix doesn't really love the PAL-region as much as you think.

Sorry for being mean, but I just can't stand it when someone tries to outsmart me like this even though you obviously haven't done your homework.
This just goes to show that the reasons behind Dissidia being released in Europe isn't because we get all Square-Enix games automatically. 'Cause we don't. I think it has more to do with the fact that Dissidia just so happens to be pretty much the most anticapated PSP game in the history of PSP. And Square knows it's gonna sell like crazy worldwide.

Oddman
07-05-09, 02:22 PM
and thats why you gotta do your homework kids! XD

Onislash
07-05-09, 02:48 PM
I am not interested in others feelings. Far too judgmental for my liking. No doubt my own feelings qualifies, as well. Not to mention, my physic powers are minimal.

Do you think that there might be other reasons that these games dont come to Europe? For example the PSN in Australia has many PSN PS1 RPGs on it like:

I cant speak for Europe, as well I dont live there.

I hope Dissidia is great enough to entice EB and GAME to actually sell it. Last time I saw a new game they got that I cared for was Star Ocean 2 (Is using a square-enix game a bad example?)

Outi
07-05-09, 09:56 PM
Do you think that there might be other reasons that these games dont come to Europe? For example the PSN in Australia has many PSN PS1 RPGs on it like:

I cant speak for Europe, as well I dont live there.Well I can see your list tags, but I can't see a list... but that doesn't matter much anyways since the European PSN store probably has all the same games as your Australian PSN store... considering how the PAL region (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL_region) covers both Europe and Australia... And there is no PSN Store Europe or a PSN Store Australia... There's just the PAL PSN Store.
Also, as far as I know, Australia gets all the same video games with pretty much the same release dates as Europe... except for the games that get banned over there at your end... <_<

Ruka
07-05-09, 10:44 PM
Some interesting information.

Dissidia II Dependant On Western Sales
http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/dissidia-ii-dependant-on-western-sales--383.html

Dissidia was received extremely well in Japan, with it scoring well with critics and also posting very high sales figures. A few months ago we commented that Tetsuya Nomura said Dissidia II would happen if fans wanted it and at the time there was a lot of mystery shrouded around the comment as it was found in the Dissidia Ultimania guide.

It would make sense for them to make a sequel, if only so they could include more characters. So we took the opportunity to ask Mr. Arakawa his thoughts on the matter and he had the following to say:

"Obviously the game hasn’t been released in either the US or Europe and we will have to wait and see how popular it will be. If it’s successful obviously we’d like to make an attempt to make a sequel."

His comments suggest that Dissidia II is very much on their minds, and if sales are expected in the West, they will strongly consider making a follow-up.

Onislash
08-05-09, 04:50 AM
There is no PSN1 RPGS released on the AU rpg store. Australia is generally after Europe but not by much in terms of release dates. Some games do reach Europe dont reach Australia like Mana Khemia.

Nevfx
08-05-09, 10:43 AM
Some interesting information.

Dissidia II Dependant On Western Sales
http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/dissidia-ii-dependant-on-western-sales--383.html

Dissidia was received extremely well in Japan, with it scoring well with critics and also posting very high sales figures. A few months ago we commented that Tetsuya Nomura said Dissidia II would happen if fans wanted it and at the time there was a lot of mystery shrouded around the comment as it was found in the Dissidia Ultimania guide.

It would make sense for them to make a sequel, if only so they could include more characters. So we took the opportunity to ask Mr. Arakawa his thoughts on the matter and he had the following to say:

"Obviously the game hasn’t been released in either the US or Europe and we will have to wait and see how popular it will be. If it’s successful obviously we’d like to make an attempt to make a sequel."

His comments suggest that Dissidia II is very much on their minds, and if sales are expected in the West, they will strongly consider making a follow-up.

Personally, I think Dissidia will do fantastic in the West, so we can expect one.

Onislash
01-07-09, 05:14 PM
It seems a Limited edition is available and includes:

DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY Best Selection Soundtrack Mini-CD: The DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY Best Selection Soundtrack Mini-CD includes a selection of music tracks from the game that are especially chosen for this Special Edition version by composer Takeharu Ishimoto. The Mini-CD will be presented inside a unique pochette and contain liner notes written by Ishimoto-san.
Hardback, 48-page The Art of DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY artwork book: Featuring character artwork, CG rendered art, environment artwork and more from across the game production.
Brady Games Official Miniguide: 32 page game guide printed in full colour, with character artwork, descriptions and walkthrough information - to help you win the battle.

There is also this:

Exclusive Lithograph Prints: 2 Exclusive Lithograph prints, inside a unique DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY branded bandwrap, featuring artwork not used to promote the original Japanese version of the game.

That EBGames Australia says is for preorder and exclusive to EBGames. Can not speak for Europe on that matter.

Source (http://www.ebgames.com.au/psp/product.cfm?id=15156&refer=smallhero)

Hmm, I guess Star Ocean 4's limited edition stuff must of sold well.

Ruka
01-07-09, 05:17 PM
That's interesting to know, that will probably apply to the entire PAL region, or so I hope.

Seems Square Enix has been generous with bonus OST's, artwork,etc. Probably a incentive to boost on sales.

Nevfx
02-07-09, 06:23 PM
Just artwork is no good extra, but soundtrack is.

I just want the game. And its out a week or so after my birthday, so I can use any birthday money to buy it!

Onislash
12-07-09, 05:03 PM
EB Games Australia is also doing the psp bundle with Dissidia. Its a mystic silver one packed with the game. I will post the link if people care to check for themselves or are interested.

Chi-Chi Blanche
12-07-09, 11:01 PM
I'm interested!! xD

Onislash
13-07-09, 06:17 AM
Here you go. (http://www.ebgames.com.au/psp/product.cfm?id=15128&refer=productsearch)