PDA

View Full Version : Mana Khemia 2: Fall Of Alchemy

silvertongue
30-05-09, 01:04 AM
I was going through NIS Americas's website and noticed this little title at the top of the list of games.

http://nisamerica.com/games/mk2/

It's due out in the U.S. in August and distributed by Koei. Any chance that Koei UK will distribute this game over here? Any plans yet? I hope so as the Altelier Iris series and the Mana Khemia game are among my favourites.

:)

ManaAlchemist
30-05-09, 10:14 AM
Well with the partnership Koei and NIS America have now i'm guessing they will be releasing this in Europe sooner or later (and for some reason swedish stores has started to take pre-orders for the game and saying it'll be out the fourth quarter of this year so that might be a small sign that it's coming but probably not, it's probably just people asking the stores to take pre-orders if the game will ever come out here).

And that part that it's distributed by Koei, maybe it's actually meaning Europe? (Probably just wishful thinking on my part though. :D)

silvertongue
30-05-09, 12:04 PM
And that part that it's distributed by Koei, maybe it's actually meaning Europe? (Probably just wishful thinking on my part though. :D)

Me too, lol!

Leady FF ^^
30-05-09, 12:20 PM
So far we havent heard anything about for Europe from NIS. Will let you know if there any plans.

Or maybe if there are pre-orders set up already another publisher will do it?

ManaAlchemist
30-05-09, 01:46 PM
Well the store's don't have any publisher listed so i don't think there already is one. And many stores here also takes pre-orders for games that never are released here just in case they will come. Like they are currently taking pre-orders for Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier and Magna Carta II even though they don't have any publisher/distributor here yet as far as i know. And they also took pre-orders for Ar Tonelico 1 untill just recently when i contacted them if they ever were to get copies of it, and i was told that the game was/will never be released in europe and then they took the pre-order page for the game down and canceled everyones pre-orders for it. So as far as i know, they just put up pre-order's on requests or something like that a lot.

And sadly, if Koei's not the distributor, i doubt anyone will ever distribute the game here. Though since it was only recently NIS America revealed that they were bringing MK2 to America they probably want to wait a while before they contact you guys about releasing it in Europe, just so that they can make enough copies of the game or something like that I'd guess.

silvertongue
30-05-09, 07:43 PM
Well the store's don't have any publisher listed so i don't think there already is one. And many stores here also takes pre-orders for games that never are released here just in case they will come. Like they are currently taking pre-orders for Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier and Magna Carta II even though they don't have any publisher/distributor here yet as far as i know. And they also took pre-orders for Ar Tonelico 1 untill just recently when i contacted them if they ever were to get copies of it, and i was told that the game was/will never be released in europe and then they took the pre-order page for the game down and canceled everyones pre-orders for it. So as far as i know, they just put up pre-order's on requests or something like that a lot.

And sadly, if Koei's not the distributor, i doubt anyone will ever distribute the game here. Though since it was only recently NIS America revealed that they were bringing MK2 to America they probably want to wait a while before they contact you guys about releasing it in Europe, just so that they can make enough copies of the game or something like that I'd guess.

Haven't you played the first Ar Tonelico? If not it did get a European release. I know for definite in Italy as I've got the Italian version.

I'd definitely love to see these games brought to Europe:

Mana Khemia 2: Fall Of Alchemy
Devil Summoner 2

Fingers and toes crossed!

:D

ManaAlchemist
30-05-09, 07:55 PM
Well i know Ar Tonelico's been released in europe, though i've never been able to get it thanks to 505 Games worthless distribution :( , but the guy who answered my mail told me that the game never got a release in europe. I'm still trying to get it, but not being able to buy games over the net freely, it's very hard. Too bad Koei can't get the distribution rights for the game from NIS America or something and do a double pack release with Ar Tonelico 2.

And we definitely got to keep hoping for MK2 to get here as it's probably the last GUST game in that style. :( Hopefully Atelier Rorona will be as good as the earlier games, but i prefer the old style.

silvertongue
30-05-09, 08:30 PM
Well i know Ar Tonelico's been released in europe, though i've never been able to get it thanks to 505 Games worthless distribution

Tell me about it 505 seem to have a habit of that. I had the same trouble with Ar Tonelico Melody Of Elemia as well as Raw Danger (sequel to S.O.S Final Escape) & Michigan Report From Hell.
With Ar Tonelico I ended up getting the U.S. version with the artbook and then when I found out it had been released in some European countries I bought that one and sold my U.S. one but kept the goodies that came with the U.S. version :)
There are a couple on eBay if you search European countries for about £25 to £39. Even if they don't say they'll ship to your country still message them and ask as I've found they sometimes will do.

ManaAlchemist
31-05-09, 07:31 AM
Well in the beginning they actually seemed to be pretty good at distributing as i were able to find games like Steambot Chronicles, Stella Deus, Magna Carta and so on, but then they just started so mess up the game releases, so games like Ar Tonelico, Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core have been impossible to find. :(

And I've seen some copies on ebay, but as i already wrote, i can't import that freely as i don't really understand how to activate internet functions on my credit cards. Though i'll try to learn that stuff later this year (when i get more money).

silvertongue
31-05-09, 08:56 AM
I almost forgot to mention Rule Of Rose too although you can't blame 505 for that as it was down to dogooders that really stoppped it's UK & Australian release. As for Magna Carta that's one of my all time favouirite rpgs.

At least when Koei distribute again you know you're gonna get it :)
I just hope they bring Mana Khemia 2 over here.

ManaAlchemist
31-05-09, 05:30 PM
Well Rule of Rose wasn't just stopped in the UK and Australia, it was stopped everywhere in Europe. Kinda sad how some old geezers in the UK who doesn't play games makes such a decision which affects not only them but many more people.

And even though I saw Magna Carta in stores a while ago i never bought it, and now i really regret that. Especially since i love Hyung Tae Kim's artwork which is used in that game.

And well you at least know that you'll get Koei games if you get them at the release, or shortly after the release, because they are pretty rare games here since not many copies of their games seems to come here.

Well at least I'm guessing we will see Mana Khemia 2 sooner or later here being brought to us by Koei. :D It just feels like they will do it as they haven't let us down even once when it comes to bringing us NIS/GUST/Atlus games. :D

silvertongue
31-05-09, 06:17 PM
So Rule Of Rose was banned across Europe? The one I've got is the french release, seems a bit bizarre. It really bugs me when someone who has never played a game before has the authority to ban a game. It's all usually because of some bad press in the newspapers.

I mean look at what happened to Manhunt and Manhunt 2, ok so they are really violent but that's why these kinda games have ratings, to reflect what kinda games they are.
I think the press have alot to answer for, not just with games but a whole lot of everything else.
It's like reviews in magazines I never take any notice of them. I'll read them but it never deters me from buying a game.

Oh well at least there's not much chance of Mana Khemia 2 getting banned, lol!

ManaAlchemist
31-05-09, 07:25 PM
Well i at least thought Rule of Rose was banned completely in Europe, but if you got a french copy, it apparently wasn't banned completely, but still almost completely then.

Yeah and if those mature ratings aren't enough, can't they just create a new one for those titles? And yeah we're lucky Mana Khemia won't be banned here. :D Unless some old boring person comes here now and reads what we're writing, and decides to get it banned because we think that it won't be banned. :D

And I've been looking at the games coming to PS2 in the future and no game even comes near Mana Khemia 2's greatness, so i really hope it'll be released here so that the PS2 goes out with at least one last great game.

silvertongue
31-05-09, 07:46 PM
And I've been looking at the games coming to PS2 in the future and no game even comes near Mana Khemia 2's greatness, so i really hope it'll be released here so that the PS2 goes out with at least one last great game.

I completely agree with you. Also Devil Summoner 2!! These could be the PS2's swan song. The PS2 has had some seriously good rpg's it only seems fitting that it should end with another great rpg!

Onislash
29-07-09, 03:15 PM
This should be interesting for a few people (http://www.dimensionplus.nl/bestellen/PlayStation2/Mana-Khemia-2-Fall-of-Alchemy/363280)

A link to a site in Holland which says Mana Khemia 2 for November. The publisher is NIS Europe apparently. Whether this is specualtion or not, I dont know.

ManaAlchemist
29-07-09, 09:23 PM
Oh please let that be true. It really, really needs to be true. And it really needs to come out here before the PS2 dies completely.

ManaAlchemist
08-08-09, 10:58 AM
Yeah it's really sad that things aren't looking bright right now. And I'm really starting to consider importing MK2 from america now, but then i have to pay loads of money to be able to play it. :( And also i don't really want to support NIS America when they are like that (and also I'll mention another bad thing that's planned from them, Disgaea 2 PSP will be released in europe, but only as bad worthless digital download).

But you know, that info in the mail is confidential it says in the bottom, so i don't really think that you should post it.

Well anyways, you people at Tecmo Koei, please start presuring NISA to release Mana Khemia 2 here, or at least try to grab the rights to release it in europe please! I really beg you guys at Tecmo Koei, please get MK2 to europe.

Onislash
08-08-09, 02:45 PM
Disgaea 2 psp: as DD? Where did you see that? I dont hate the idea, just the execution of it (EU playstation store getting the game in 2020). As for DD, I still dont like it for a few reasons but I would rather play the game.

Heh, its always annoying when Australia is considered part of Europe. Mana Khemia 2 gave another reason. However, at least NISA are answering these questions.

ManaAlchemist
08-08-09, 05:15 PM
Disgaea 2 psp: as DD? Where did you see that? I dont hate the idea, just the execution of it (EU playstation store getting the game in 2020). As for DD, I still dont like it for a few reasons but I would rather play the game.

Well i sent an email and asked them about MK2 like pepennouta, and i threw in a question if Disgaea 2 PSP were to come to europe, and i got the reply that they were going to release it but it'd be digital only.

Heh, its always annoying when Australia is considered part of Europe. Mana Khemia 2 gave another reason. However, at least NISA are answering these questions.

Well if Australia wasn't counted as PAL territory, you might not have gotten any games at all. But i can see why it's annoying, I myself find it annoying that Scandinavia is counted as europe since we pretty much all can speak english very vell which makes it annoying to wait for games just so that they can add some languages that are just unnecessary for us.

Onislash
10-08-09, 01:29 PM
Well i sent an email and asked them about MK2 like pepennouta, and i threw in a question if Disgaea 2 PSP were to come to europe, and i got the reply that they were going to release it but it'd be digital only.

That makes sense, Has anyone asked about Phantom Brave Wii?

Well if Australia wasn't counted as PAL territory, you might not have gotten any games at all. But i can see why it's annoying, I myself find it annoying that Scandinavia is counted as europe since we pretty much all can speak english very vell which makes it annoying to wait for games just so that they can add some languages that are just unnecessary for us

Australia does not some get games anyway. Its seems NISA (NISE?) has a Australian distributor, so we should start getting more stuff thankfully. I am sure we all would rather be in NTSC regions for obvious reasons, but I guess that can not be helped. I dont expect major changes if Australia was NTSC it would be much much easier to import.

Anso
26-08-09, 09:04 PM
Would really like MK2 to come to Europe. Come on NISE and Koei, you can do it! MK was fantastic, especially the tasty package it was in :3~

Leady FF ^^
27-08-09, 08:30 AM
I spoke to NIS about it recently. There said there isn't much chance of that game being released in Europe unfortunately.

Onislash
27-08-09, 12:36 PM
That sucks.

El_Patas
18-11-09, 06:31 PM
Please, any news for a chance in publish this game in Pal territories?

Regards.

Leady FF ^^
19-11-09, 08:09 AM
Sorry, there is no news. I don't think NIS are going to release it now.

silvertongue
19-11-09, 09:41 AM
When I saw that leady had posted a message I got this small glimmer of hope.

Oh well time to import!

ManaAlchemist
20-11-09, 03:19 PM
Sorry, there is no news. I don't think NIS are going to release it now.

But can't you try to force them to release it for us please? :D Or isn't it possible for just Tecmo Koei to decide to release it otherwise, just to achive a godlike status with us gust fans? :D

Anso
20-11-09, 06:12 PM
But can't you try to force them to release it for us please? :D Or isn't it possible for just Tecmo Koei to decide to release it otherwise, just to achive a godlike status with us gust fans? :D

Word! Don't force me to modify my PS2 (which is illegal btw) just to play this game. Pretty please with a cherry, a few prinnies and sexual innuendo on top?

Tai_K'
23-11-09, 09:05 AM
Newbie here. Nice to meet you.

Well, it's been a whole week since I buyed the first "Mana Khemia" and I'm enjoying it so much (probably one of the few RPGs that could hang me to play it).

I think it would be a waste if the sequel doesn't arrive Europe because people like me, which enjoyed the first game, will be very dissapointed.

I know right now there's so much business pointing to "next gen" consoles like PS3 o X360 which means so much sales right now (besides Wii, of course) but I think launching this game here on the "old continent" would be the "súmmun" for PS2 and the final gift for its users.

That's my opinion.

Onislash
24-11-09, 12:56 PM
There is still the chance of the PSP version coming, may not be the favored one by people but it beats not getting the game at all.

Pray that enough people vote yes:

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/11/20/do-you-want-mana-khemia-2-portable-plus/

Its not the deciding factor by any means, but anything helps.

silvertongue
24-11-09, 08:02 PM
That's my vote cast and it was a very obvious YES!!

PrismZeo
24-11-09, 10:05 PM
There is still the chance of the PSP version coming, may not be the favored one by people but it beats not getting the game at all.

Pray that enough people vote yes:

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/11/20/do-you-want-mana-khemia-2-portable-plus/

Its not the deciding factor by any means, but anything helps.

So there may be hope of me playing this afterall? :)

That's my vote cast and it was a very obvious YES!!

Ditto!

I wonder why some people voted no...

silvertongue
24-11-09, 11:34 PM
I wonder why some people voted no...

I thought the same, lol!

silvertongue
02-01-10, 06:57 PM
Well I finally got the American version but not had chance to play it yet. I'm just glad I managed to get it. I got it as a Christmas present and got the version with a poster and the soundtrack.