Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors 4

Default Dynasty Warriors 4

There must be some fans here that favour this game over the others?

I loved my time playing it and the expansions, it was really weird at first after seeing the bright colour schemes in 2 and 3, then suddenly to this darker mood. Still, great stories and challenges though. Plus the music weren't too bad either. I think most people's favorite is the track Eve.

That was the first thing that I noticed with the 4th over the 3rd/2nd/etc, the tone and the colour of the whole game, it was a lot darker than the rest, it was actually quite an interesting atmosphere that it gave the game (^.^)

The method of getting better weapons was favoured by my brother, instead of actually having to find them...but I actually quite like both, but both can be a bit of a pain at times

DW4 was actually my first ever Koei game, and its what really got me hooked on the series, so I guess I can be thankful for that, but I actually dont have a copy of DW4, although I do have a copy of DW4:E and DW4:XL...so thats alright (^.^)

This is probably one my favs. i dont have the game anymore but it was a huge change for the series using kingdom mode instead of the standard musou. The amount of battles was alos impressive, this has to be one of the best dynasty warriors so far.

Yeah. The Kingdom Mode was one of the biggest highlights, if not the biggest change from the series til that point. It was kinda neat that you could avoid levels and even unlock levels by clearing one, missing another, to unlock a stage, etc.

The best Wei Yan design in the series as well in my opinion. And actually my least favorite image for Zhao Yun so far.

My first DW ever.

I'd played the DW3 demo and decided to buy it, then I got to the store and found both 3 and 4. 4 had character creation and costed less, so I bought that

I enjoyed it a lot back in the day, but I doubt I'd manage to get back to playing it after playing DW5/Orochi...
    I still remember the struggle to beat some unlockable officers, or to get *gasp* Zhou Tai's 4th weapon.
    "We're getting wet. In a shower. Because, basically, we talked it over, Chastity and myself, and we came to the conclusion that civilization is nothing more than an effective sewage system. And so by the use of plumbing we hope to demonstrate this to the world." ~ Ron Nasty

To be honest, I prefer the individual Musou modes over the Kingdoms mode as having all the characters share the same levels made the game seem shorter to me. Although I did like how you could play through the story with a custom character ^^
    Disperse, loyal battle monkeys! Do my bidding and bust a cap!
    - Overlord Zetta: Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome

the kingdom mode may have made the game feel shorter but it gave the game more of a story, it meant that we didnt need to play certain battles to death. I personally have grown to hate some battles purely because of the amount of times you are forced to play them.

I loved Dynasty Warriors 4 too. It was definately my favorite. I loved the duel mode sometimes because it would make sure that you defeated a general or something and not one of your allies defeating the enemy. I loved how they used to have those opening edits where you plug in the character in the scenario of the video. I used to do that a lot haha.

Last edited by CuckooBanana; 28-07-09 at 07:33 PM.

dw4 is most definately th best dw i#'ve ever played. th expansive unlockables, orb levels, variety of levels, the colour scheme, CAB/CAC, attire, unique movesets!!!! y koei decided to kill unique movesets for EVERYONE, i dont know but i dislike tht move.this may be th only dw to have covered all the major events of china during th 3 kingsdoms era. hardcorers like myself love historical relevance!!

i loved how battlefields were MASSIVE, coloured territory, golly. i really cant find too many things i dont like!!! all tht's been imp from 4-6 is graphics. all else has slipped!!!

What I like about the game is that you can collect the 9th level weapon for a certain character and the intro is nice aswell.
    Last edited by Shadow0429; 27-07-09 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Thread Information