Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors 4

My favorite track is the one for guan du, dont know its name but im positive it was in DW4. I think the # was ok, DW3 was better though. Especially xl.
    http://www.koei.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3659&dateline=1250605  062

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
    My first DW ever.

I'd played the DW3 demo and decided to buy it, then I got to the store and found both 3 and 4. 4 had character creation and costed less, so I bought that

I enjoyed it a lot back in the day, but I doubt I'd manage to get back to playing it after playing DW5/Orochi...
    I still remember the struggle to beat some unlockable officers, or to get *gasp* Zhou Tai's 4th weapon.
    dynasty warriors 4 is the only one i have ever played, i dont find it hard but i think i might have it on easy lol, zhou tai is sweet andwei yan, ma cao, taishi ci, lu meng and xiahou dun are all great to use

Quote Originally Posted by Mousou hat View Post
    My favorite track is the one for guan du, dont know its name but im positive it was in DW4. I think the # was ok, DW3 was better though. Especially xl.
    Guan Du's always had good tracks. Like He Fei Castles they tend to stand out, but not as much. I think 6's Ultimate Pressure is my favorite version, I've played that a lot in 6 Empires. Eve, Avenging Battle & Lu Bu's theme, too.

There were a few things in DW4 that annoyed me. I didn't like some if the historical innacuracies (like Sun Jian being the leader in Yi Ling and how everyone started on the Yellow Turban missions, even though alot fo the characters wern't even born at that time).
    Other than that I really enjoyed this game. I liked how certain scenarios were expanded into more than one mission, and how completing the sub levels made the main level easier (Like killing Hua Xiong in Si Shui gate stops him from ambushing the main camp in Hu Lao gate). And, like all the DW games it had some really great music; Wall of Fate and Avenging battle being my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousou hat View Post
    Guan Du's Soundtrack in DW4 is called 'In full bloom'
    in DW2&3 its 'Crisis'
    in DW5 its 'The Aweful Night'
    in DW6 its 'Ultimate Pressure'

im hoping someone could get back to me as soon as possible

im thinking of buying dynasty warriors 4, but then i dont no if i should buy dynasty warriors 5!!
    dynasty warriors 4 means i can play it on my 360 meaning it will be in hd as i use a 1600/1050 resolution monitor and my original xbox is plugged into my actual tv which isnt lcd or hd, so dynasty warriors 4 will play with better graphics. but which is better? i bought dynasty warriors 3 but its gotten so boring cause it just takes to long! plus musou is so repeative!

so yeah 4 or 5, which is better

Quote Originally Posted by strikerdes View Post
    im hoping someone could get back to me as soon as possible

im thinking of buying dynasty warriors 4, but then i dont no if i should buy dynasty warriors 5!!
    dynasty warriors 4 means i can play it on my 360 meaning it will be in hd as i use a 1600/1050 resolution monitor and my original xbox is plugged into my actual tv which isnt lcd or hd, so dynasty warriors 4 will play with better graphics. but which is better? i bought dynasty warriors 3 but its gotten so boring cause it just takes to long! plus musou is so repeative!

so yeah 4 or 5, which is better
    Hi,

I'll give you some pros and cons for each:

DW4:
    + Many stages
    + Great music
    + Weapon levelling system (your weapon rises through EXP)
    + Kingdom Mode (by choosing certain stages you can somewhat alter history and even gain access to levels you would not if never fulfilling these requirements, etc.)

- Stages can be seen as repetitive (too many and overuse of sharing maps)
    - Colour scheme is a bit dull/lifeless (it's dark unlike DW2, DW3, DW5, DW6)
    - Personalities of each character are better reflected in DW5

Now, compared to DW4, DW5 has:
    + Personal stories (you get to learn more about each individual)
    + Colour scheme returns to it's previous self (ie like DW3 looking exciting. Perhaps more of a personal choice though)
    + Many unique levels. Not overly done like DW4.
    + Characters play more differently to each other. And more to choose from.

- Easy. The AI is not really a threat on the average difficulty.
    - Average music.

This is not to say DW5 is better, I just can't think of anything else right now. Without me putting in too many personal reasons rather than closer to facts.
    Last edited by LittleDragonZ; 06-03-10 at 04:12 PM.

This one has to be my favourite was just great

Dynasty Warriors 4 was my first game aswell. As I have told this story before on the old forums, I mis-understood the game thinking it was about Indian history lol Its the best game of all DW series as it has the best vs mode (WO2 is bettter but in DW series). I like the Dark Angel soundtrack.

I also like that Sun Jian is in throughout the game. He's my fav character.

I played DW4 Empires before I played the original, and loved it alot. The Qiaos were really good in it and the whole new concept was great. I soon found, however that it got boring and repetitive.

Then I got the original DW4 and I find it too annoying. Almost every single Musou mode is the same, and they take so damn long. I have cleared it on so many characters, and it seems I am still no nearer to unlocking teh Qiaos =(. I also dont like the larger of the Nanman stages where the checkpoints are constantly coming back for the enemy and when I play most of my ally officers get killed and I either run out of time or die myself. I like challenging, but challenging gets boring after about 30mins.

All in all, DW4 Original is by far my least favourite of all DW games I have played thus far =)

if im going to be honest ever dynasty worriors since number four has sucked, i mean they where such let downs i really do think that for number 7 they just update the graphics and add few more combos and bring it out on 360 and psp

Thread Information