View Poll Results: Would you like NUNS2 to be shippuden or stick with the original story?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shippuden

5 71.43%
  • Original

2 28.57%

Thread: Ultimate ninja storm 2 should stay with the original story?

Question Ultimate ninja storm 2 should stay with the original story?

I have been lurking around a few forums over the months after finishing the original Ultimate ninja storm on the PS3, and noticed that alot of people immediately want to jump into the Shippuden storyline and ignore alot of the material missed first time round when an eventual sequel is announced. A few character examples are:

- The entire Zabuza and Haku plotline is skipped.
    - The sound ninja present in the Chunin arc are missed.
    - The sound 4 were not playabe along with many other characters.

What do you think? Would jumping into Shippuden be necessary when they missed so much first time round?

If they missed much of the original story they should go with it since the Zabuza arc is the only good arc, and also they should just ignore Shippuden completely since it's so boring. And if they don't want to ignore shippuden they can just throw in the most interesting characters from there which are only the tail users like Killerbee (which aren't that interesting at all either though) and ignore older versions of characters.

And i can also add that I've played almost all the Naruto games out there (only ones i haven't played are Storm and some of the RPGs for DS because they all seem so incredibly boring) and i can only say that i get really bored of those that are based of Shippuden.

Storm has the best combat and obviously graphics since its a next gen system. The animations on Storm are really good for a cell shaded game, and it does look alot like the anime. As far as Shippuden goes, I don't think the story is really that boring but a little slow. Watching the anime is torturous at times with the filler stories like the crystal users Guren (sooooo boring) but the upcoming Hawk and snake arc I like the sound of.

The Zabuza arc really reminds me of DBZ with the long anime episodes where the characters simply gab at each other, but the characters of Haku and Zabuza are good and are really missed in the Storm game. They should be a priority addition for a sequel along with the sound 4. If they did a shippuden sequel, I think it would be a mistake to add the older versions of the characters simply so they can have "more" playable characters.

i hope they make a proper storm game which i coudl finally buy. i mean, include all the chars that are in the most recent accel game and MORE and then we will be talking. cause this bullshit of skipping arcs and not having playable chars is just that - bullshit.

Bullshit is correct, I would be happy if the sequel simply had all the support characters playable and then you would have something substantial.

Shippuden, Allthough more content from the original is a nice idea, most likely we would be at Storm 9/10 before we would get all of it.

exactly! and thats why i despise this kind of way of doing things....damn money lovers...cant blame them but its annoying still.

I would only see one more game in the pre time skip series, just to add the remaining characters:
    Zabuza
    Haku
    Dosu
    Zaku
    Kin
    Along with the non playable supports.
    Spruce it up with a few new stages and maybe some move variations or gameplay mechanics for the existing characters, and then move onto Shippuden.

Another question. If they make a sequel thats Shippuden, would you want the original younger characters alongside the older versions? Character padding really, I am undecided personally on this. It just looks kind of weird to have say young Sasuke against his older self.

it seems weird but CHOICE and OPTION is ALWAYS welcome.

also the more the merrier. i want it to have as much chars as in accel 2. no, more than that. add everyone up till pain! YES! DREAM come true! XD and going back to old characters is sometimes a nice change. DEFINATELY a keeper.

Thread Information