View Poll Results: What ideas do you think koei should add in Dynasty Warriors 7?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gore: Blood from the slicin' and dicin'.

4 8.51%
  • Online:Being able to play with people over the world.

26 55.32%
  • Better Graphics: New Costumes as well as new backgrounds to levels.

9 19.15%
  • Better Script:Less corny lines and more serious scripts

8 17.02%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors Ideas

Default Dynasty Warriors Ideas

Everybody here knows that the Dynasty Warriors Series is amazing and fun, but there are still things that need to be improved. Right here you should comment and list some ideas and we'll see if Koei will act on these ideas in the future. for me i would choose online.

Last edited by CuckooBanana; 09-08-09 at 04:25 AM.

Of those 4 choices, the only one that I think should not be implimented at all is the gore one...Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors and Warriors Orochi, arent known for the blood and guts that you can spill all over the battlefield, and if that were to be put into the games, im sure it would drive away could a bit of the fan base, replacing it with perhaps not much people just for that gore.

Every warriors game that I have seen has been rated M, and all the blood would do is push it up to perhaps MA15+(dont know how the rating works in other countries), and that gore, just for gore's sake, would detract from the sound integrity that Koei has made already for its games, so just leave other games like Mortal Kombat, God of War and those horror related games to that job.

All the other ideas seem pretty fair enough though, an online play could be incorperated, but could run into a few problems along the way. The better graphics would just be a given knowing the way the technology is advancing, and as for the script...yeah, I guess it could probably get a bit of a working over, you just dont know (^.^)

I feel as The dynasty warriors series has already lost some of its fan base because Dynasty Warriors 3-5 have been the same thing except a couple new characters, different clothing, and a couple new looking weapons. People who haven't played Dynasty Warriors would want to try the game if they added something even more different that could attract other people to play these good games. Koei may even lose more of the fan base if they don't change some significantly. Also, come on... people are getting hit with swords and spears and there is no blood? There doesn't have to be a lot but at least show something.

Last edited by CuckooBanana; 09-08-09 at 04:25 AM.

I would prefer online play to blood and gore, by adding the blood etc ur may lose a large percentage of the fan base who dont really want to see chinese guts all over the battlefield. It would just boost the age rating and really wouldnt add to the experience all that much. Online if done right could be like creating a whole new game, just look at strikeforce one of the best multiplayer games on psp.

Well i chose the first one since you can play online exept it will be all writen in japanese. (btw they might make a ENG version of the game)
    Kill one man you`re a murderer...
    Kill two men you`re a killer....
    Kill ALL of them you`re a GOD
    Joseph stalin

Just because you add gore doesn't mean it has to be the goriest game on the market. You can have gore just not have and extreme amount. online is still the main factor they need to add though.
    Last edited by CuckooBanana; 13-08-09 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mph1794 View Post
    Just because you add gore doesn't mean it has to be the goriest game on the market. You can have gore just not have and extreme amount
    so how much gore excatly are we talking ???

I don't know it doesn't have to be like blood squirting around everywhere but it can be like you see some blood on the ground and a body part getting chopped off. These types of things could get new people to play the dynasty warriors games.

Last edited by CuckooBanana; 09-08-09 at 04:26 AM.

I think that the only decent level that Koei might even concider taking it to would be just some small blood patched on the ground, because you need to take into concideration all the audiences that would be playing these kinds of games.

Sure there would be those hardcore gamers who would be calling out for more blood, and even though they might be the main audience, even making the random body part floating around could repel, and even disgust some audiences, and besides, Koei games arent known for the blood, or the gore, or anything related to that, theyre mainly known for the historical storylines and the hack-n-slash genre that they use in most of their major series.

Even though from the surface it wouldnt seem like such a major issue, increasing the level of gore in the games would I think change the dynamic of the series as a whole.

gore will jst take the arcade feel of the games which has made the game so popular, just dont bother with it Koei focus on other issues such as online and good gameplay mechanisms

Thread Information