View Poll Results: What ideas do you think koei should add in Dynasty Warriors 7?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gore: Blood from the slicin' and dicin'.

4 8.51%
  • Online:Being able to play with people over the world.

26 55.32%
  • Better Graphics: New Costumes as well as new backgrounds to levels.

9 19.15%
  • Better Script:Less corny lines and more serious scripts

8 17.02%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors Ideas

I'd love to se online but in reality its going to be hard to pull off well. For now all i can see is the traditional vs mode games from previous DW games but with online. As for online battles i cant see it happening anytime soon it would be just too hard to do.

Online play would be excellent if done properly. Apart from that I would like to see a few more serious storylines. Lets be honest, alot of characters didn't have a happy ending historically. I loved Samurai Warriors 1 alot more than 2 because of the more dramatic storylines it had.

oh Online gaming is really an awesome idea since i can take you guys down in one blow :P

Out of those, online play, adds a nice bit of longevity.

I could go on forever about additions but here goes, little thing first that there is no chance of happening, but whatever, Musou Mode, Free Mode, Xtreme Mode, Empire Mode, all in one game please? Take twice as long to develop it for all I care, it would be ace!

But yea, My quarral with Dynasty Warriors 6 is mainly a lack of things to do after youve cleared the Musou Modes and got lucky with some horses.

I know people said this alot when it launched, but ill say it again, Items and Weapons.

Just because there is a skill tree doesnt mean we cant have items to go along with it, skill boosters or not, just nice things that can be collected on the harder difficulties. ( Item I could do with is something that stops renbu depleting when doing nothing :P )

And the addition of 4th or even 5th weapons, Unique models and difficult to obtain, some claim it woulnt work with the new weapon system, why not? Unique over the top models, with much higher base attack, perhaps even customisable, choosing your own abilities, element or even type.
    Or to go even further, in future games they could add full on customisation of all weapons like Warriors Orochi, some kind of store between stages to upgrade your weapons to your own needs.

They could spice up the stories within Musou modes by adding Kessen 2 like commentary between stages or adding different layouts to the stages depending on the officer used, kind of like the differences between DW3 and DW3XL Hu Lao Gate, For examples on Dong Zhuos forces they had been pushed all the way back and it was a feat to win then.

And my dream addition since I first played the game....Map Editor, whic then could be uploaded online, this would add unlimited replayability for me, and doesnt seem overly complicated, just adding simplified commands and time unit movement, like 5 minutes into stage such and such marches to there, or Enemy unit advances over this area, such and suches ambush springs.

Thats all I got for now.

Edit,

Another idea for some free mode unlockables, It would be just ace if we could play updated versions of the stages from previous DW Games, Would love to play the DW3 Wu Zhang with all new spangly features.
    Last edited by DumbFounded; 19-02-10 at 06:54 PM.

Default Idea

Who would like as a mode to create your own battle like design it. Choose your force, officers, ambushes, reonforcements, ploys and bosses. AND BUILD A BATTLEFIELD.

What i meant with the build the battlefield, you can choose to put and add ,bases ,slopes, stairs,castle,water,watchposts. Who would love to have that in DW7

Topics merged.

You mean a map creator. Well I wouldn't say it's the most important of things, but it would likely be more suitable for the Empires series.

They could have a normal online gameplay and an empire kind of mode for online as well and should be able to play with your friends

Online would be awesome, but yeh, they would have to pull it off well, or It would go horribly wrong.
    Maybe something like the vs part of DW3, but online.

A few small ideas:

An RPG mode - You can create your character or choose to play as a pre-made character. From there you begin in a selected region and can walk around listening to any news and gossip, taking on jobs in order to earn money.
    After a while and when you've become noticed for your hard work, a liaison from any of the kingdoms visits you and asks if you wish to enlist, if you accept you can develop your skills even more, work alongside officers and gradually work your way up to being in command of your own part of the army.
    If you refuse, you can take the time to do more jobs and improving your clothing and weapon until asked again at a later point.

A day and night cycle, as well as a 24/7 cycle, instead of a month cycle, would be nice to see. It could open up the story even more, offer up chances to develop your character even more, find items that could be of use and more.

If working for a kingdom, you could, over time and when you're strong enough, challenge your lord and take over if successful, or continue to serve.
    If unhappy with your lord, you could defect, causing damage to your lord's forces in the process. But doing so could mean that it will be time before your new lord will trust you, so you have to gain their trust.

Also a dialogue system could be useful.

Character creation - Improvements in character models, voices, clothes and weapons would be an asset. A more detailed character creation mode would be good to see, something that can allow for all kinds of appearances, character sizes and adjusts to match weapon types.
    For example you could have a female character who's pretty short, so she wouldn't be able to use really big weapons, but she could be a lot more proficent with lighter, smaller weapons.

Voice acting - Talented voice acting needed, so badly. More lines than the usual things and maybe even allow the player character to have comments they can use when an enemy officer says something like: "Your defeat will wipe the stain from my honour" and your character could reply with "That's a new one to me, you with honour, and I've been smacking you around so much that it's amazing you have any"

More DLC - More than just music and clothing, though those were really good, but things like additional scenarios, even obscure ones, and more for a created character.

Weapon and clothing creation - In an RPG mode, as well as story modes, a pre-made and created character could find things that could be used to create new weapons, or enhance their main weapon.
    As well as improving clothing, for example making the clothing stronger and more durable, improving friction so that the character can move more freely and even faster as well as being able to create different kinds of clothing.

Free mode - This mode was useful in the previous DW games because it could allow the player to test their characters and see where any improvements could be made.
    It would be nice to see that feature return in an Empires version.

Improved strategy and tactics screen - A tactics and strategy screen akin to Romance Of The Three Kingdoms would be nice to see, where you could sort out tactics for use in combat.
    For example if you want to cause damage to the enemy supplies, then you could place a hidden platoon with a commanding officer near to an enemy base, then during combat you could issue the order and they could attack the base, appearing behind the opposing forces and causing as much damage as possible.

Family aspects - The marriage system in Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires is nice, but it felt lacking. An improved system for that could have your character becoming a parent, and raising their child to either be a warrior or a scholar or anything.
    If the child wishes to once old enough, they might fight alongside their parents, or be part of making the kingdom stronger in areas like food, money and more.

Oath system - The oath system could be implemated to one where the officer you make an oath with protects you, and you protect them.
    Skills could enhance when working together and strengthens team work, for example an order could be issued to an officer you have an oath with, they go in and follow the order, without fail.
    But if you or they are defeated, then that enhancement is gone until the next battle.

And that's all the ideas I've got.

Thread Information