Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter series

Default Monster Hunter series

Is anyone else here a big fan of the Monster Hunter series? I made this thread because I only just realised today ( ) that the latest game, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, is coming out this Friday. I'm so excited, I can't wait for my copy to arrive

I am fan (well I have a Monster Hunter TShirt from London Expo lol). But i dont really play it, its very hardcore and diffficult to master I think.

I've got the first one for the psp but only played a little. In fact I think I've only done the first 3 missions. I must play more as I like what I've played so far. The only thing is I actually felt quite sorry for those that I was killing especially when they run off, it makes me feel guilty.

<a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

Better to kill peons right!! I mean they ask for it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Leady FF ^^ View Post
    Better to kill peons right!! I mean they ask for it ^^
    Well exactly, someone comes at me with a bow, spear or a sword then they're gonna get Sun Jian's Ancients' Sword right back at them, guilt free, lol!
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

I've been wanting to play the Monster Hunter games for a while now but the PS2 games have been impossible to find here and well I'm hesitant about getting them for PSP since my eyes really hurt when i play PSP games. But I'm thinking about getting MHFU when i get enough money, or I'll just wait for MH3 for Wii and get it.

I have MH Freedom 2, it's probably my favourite game. I'm at about 200 hours playtime, and still going (until MHFU, that is ). There's just so much to do... I've still got loads of missions to complete, monsters to slay, weapons to create, armour to buy... Man, it's the biggest game I've ever played!

I love the challenge of these games. It's like Demon Souls on the PS3 - at first you generally get slaughtered tens of times by the easiest of foes, but you gradually get the hang of it and start to get further. I'm at HR5 (Hunter Rank 5), and so I'm on the G-rank missions... it's tough, but the rewards are amazing!

I wish these games were as well received over here in the West as they are in Japan - have you seen some of the MH stuff they have over there?

Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    I've got the first one for the psp but only played a little. In fact I think I've only done the first 3 missions. I must play more as I like what I've played so far. The only thing is I actually felt quite sorry for those that I was killing especially when they run off, it makes me feel guilty.

You mean the herbivores that don't attack you? Yeah, I know what you mean about those guys... I never attack them unless I have to (the mission tells me to, or I need meat in my belly )
    Last edited by Zenelix; 23-06-09 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenelix View Post
    I have MH Freedom 2, it's probably my favourite game. I'm at about 200 hours playtime, and still going (until MHFU, that is ). There's just so much to do... I've still got loads of missions to complete, monsters to slay, weapons to create, armour to buy... Man, it's the biggest game I've ever played!

I love the challenge of these games. It's like Demon Souls on the PS3 - at first you generally get slaughtered tens of times by the easiest of foes, but you gradually get the hang of it and start to get further. I'm at HR5 (Hunter Rank 5), and so I'm on the G-rank missions... it's tough, but the rewards are amazing!

I wish these games were as well received over here in the West as they are in Japan - have you seen some of the MH stuff they have over there?

You mean the herbivores that don't attack you? Yeah, I know what you mean about those guys... I never attack them unless I have to (the mission tells me to, or I need meat in my belly )
    200Hours? That's good going.

Yes it is those herbivores, they run off and I feel so sorry for them but then it's the mission so it has to be done and we all need feeding, lol!

Hmm.. I dont mind the idea of a load of playtime but I always never got far in the monster hunter games. A mission about carrying dragons eggs in the first monster hunter psp game was rather hard.

Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    200Hours? That's good going.

Yes it is those herbivores, they run off and I feel so sorry for them but then it's the mission so it has to be done and we all need feeding, lol!
    200 hours may sound like a lot, but most Hunters I've seen would call me a beginner with that sort of playtime lol

You only get missions to kill the herbivores right at the very start of the game, and later you can also buy your own meat from the shops, so you never need to kill them again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onislash View Post
    Hmm.. I dont mind the idea of a load of playtime but I always never got far in the monster hunter games. A mission about carrying dragons eggs in the first monster hunter psp game was rather hard.
    I don't remember any missions where you need to carry dragon eggs, although I didn't play the first MH and it's been a while since I did the earlier quests. I know what you mean about it being hard though, the egg weighs a ton and you have to get past all the little pests while trying not to trip up It's easier to steal eggs in multiplayer, but I think most people have trouble finding people to play with.

An interesting thing to note about MHFU: in single player, you get a Felyne (cat) partner to help you do missions, gather, fight... not to mention distracting the giant monsters. So it'll be easier to play sp.

Also, I hear there's a legal program you can get on PS3 that allows you to play 'local' PSP games (MH, Strikeforce etc.) online. I don't use it or know much about it, but if you have a PS3 and use it, you should be able to find people to play with

Thread Information