Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monster Hunter series

Quote Originally Posted by Zenelix View Post
    An interesting thing to note about MHFU: in single player, you get a Felyne (cat) partner to help you do missions, gather, fight... not to mention distracting the giant monsters. So it'll be easier to play sp.
    So that cat thing isn't in the first games? I just found a demo of that MHFU game, and i liked it but i thought that the cat was actually just in the way. But well i guess i would have died on the easiest mission if it weren't for it.

My copy didn't arrive today... guess I have to hope it comes Monday >_<

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightRijax View Post
    So that cat thing isn't in the first games? I just found a demo of that MHFU game, and i liked it but i thought that the cat was actually just in the way. But well i guess i would have died on the easiest mission if it weren't for it.
    Yep, the cat partner is new to MHFU. I've heard that it can be annoying, but the main advantage to it is that it means the monsters are only attacking you half the time (rather than 100% of the time as it was before), which is very useful if you need to drink a potion or fix your weapon.

I got it (MHFU), but then lent to someone else, who enjoys it more. Still on the boring missions, but I imagine not for much longer.
    Last edited by Onislash; 30-06-09 at 07:15 AM.

I only have the first game (for ps2) and I got it really cheap, but nowadays it's pretty hard to find. I've spent over 200 hours on my best character, and I managed to take down all the online-exclusive bosses like Lao Shan Lung, Kirin and Fatalis. Too bad they closed the servers, but I guess they had to sooner or later. This was also the first console game I ever played online.

Trying to farm Yian Guaruga (Purple bird version of Kut Ku) and its really starting to annoy me, I lost the last 6 times in a row. Time to stop for now, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Onislash View Post
    Trying to farm Yian Guaruga (Purple bird version of Kut Ku) and its really starting to annoy me, I lost the last 6 times in a row. Time to stop for now, I think.
    Keep at it, practice makes perfect, especially in Monster Hunter.

You have to learn your opponent's every move, learn where they travel to, where they rest, when you can afford to power up a big hit, when to just run away and try to stay alive... there's a lot to learn, but it's SO rewarding when it all pays off.

You may have noticed that a Monster Hunter game has recently been released for the wii.
    So... anyone else here playing it? Its pretty challenging in single player mode but its pretty fun, also the CCPro controller make playing the game less painful since you the camera control can be put on the second stick.

(btw..Will this count as a necropost?)

Thread necromancy is ok here it seems, hell I do it from time to time. I wanted to play monster hunter on the Wii, but after finding out that the co-op mode was simply an arena thing, I gave it a miss. Still though the monster design and weapons etc. look pretty cool.

Since the last time I posted in this thread I've bought Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and played for over 440 hours. I still play it pretty often though, and if anyone wants to do a few quests on adhoc party you can add me, my PSN ID is "DemoNova".

Thread Information