Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DW6 Empires First Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by legalle View Post
    Just got the game now. I got my PS3 in Xmas and only this weekend I found a copy of DWS6E on a cheap price which was actually in stock. Looks very good. I think its the koei game I like most for PS3 (I have Ken's Rage, DWG2 and DWSF). It should serve me well until DW7 comes out.
    I thought it was greqat at first and then i got very very bored of it as all the characters feel the same.

Ken's Rage i absolutely loved and i definitely got 200 hour of gameplay out of gundam 2 so i loved that to.
    http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
    Discuss Anime, Video Games, Movies or whatever is on your mind.
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/5/5f/LuffyStanceGear2nd.gif

My youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3

Yeah I liked Ken a lot however there were a few things which I didn't quite like in it. Minor things mind you, but still annoying. Mainly I found the levels a bit too long for my taste, and there were areas in which I WAS getting lost (prolly cause my telly broke down and am playing on really small one for now).

DWG2 - To be fair I haven't given the game a proper shot yet, however I didn't really get into it. Played a couple of levels and found it boring.

DW6E - Have given it quite a bit of play (even though I just got it) and I can see that it can get boring quickly, hopefully though it will last me another month and 1/2 or so until I get LOT and DW7.

My advice finish the legend modes in ken's rage till you at least get dream mode unlocked and start playing in that it plays exactly as the dynasty warriors you are familiar with. Once characters levelled, you'll really see why it is by far the best game koei has made to date. Also all the characters play really differently if you've only played with one your missing out on a large part of the game. Personally i enjoyed, Jagi/Toki/rei the most.

If you know gundam just goto mission mode and ignore official mode for now, choose a character you liked and play with them. I played with milliardo as he was by far my favourite character in the series. Unlocking all of the pilot abilites and levelling your character and the pilot licenses is what makes the game so awesome. If you just play with low level characters and don't earn the licenses you really won't see what the gundams are capable of. When your better at the game tackle official mode as it is actually really hard. Especially when you have to fly the crap gundams. Keep in mind all the gundams in official mode are generally the old ones so they suck. If you really have no clue who to play as in mission mode i recommend, Milliardo/domon there probably the most fun, Seabrook was another one that was pretty good but you really need to find the gundam suited to you.

DW6:E was the only game i've ever played out of the koei games that i got bored of within a couple of hours. There's absolutely no incentive to play it that much. Unless you like trophies but even then you can platinum it in around 5-10 hours. Whereas Ken's Rage takes 50 hours and gundam 2 around 200 hours.
    http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
    Discuss Anime, Video Games, Movies or whatever is on your mind.
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/5/5f/LuffyStanceGear2nd.gif

My youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3

Thanks Superbuu3.

Not just for this post but for the good review links you usually share as well.

It looks like really great and I tend to agree with you. Although I'm still playing DWE6 Empires I soon realized that it was really flat and not as good as DWE5.

Re Ken's Rage, yeah I've unlocked Dream Mode but was mostly playing the story mode. Will give it a serious go, cause it actually looked much more similar to DW.

Re Gundam I really needed your advice. I don't know anything about the series and will give it another try going for mission mode first.

I should get DW7 and LOT in May (cause I have my birthday then) and look forward to playing on line with you (Last I heard it can be done on DW7).

Hey Superbuu3 took your advice and spent the whole weekend playing Gundam 2. Wow. Now that I started playing the Mission mode I really got into it. It's like a whole different game. Am also mighty glad that 3 is in the pipeline. My wife also digged it. However, at the moment we're taking turns, since my TV is so small that we can't see anything if we play co-op. But I should get a new TV at the end of the month.

I'm finding the game rather hard. At first I couldn't get past the first story mission no matter with which character I played. The first one I managed to get through with was with Shinn, and am trying to complete all his missions now. Then I discovered the tutorial which helped a bit although the big Gundams are still a pain.

Am also looking for the Anime, though there seem to be quite a bit.

The problem with DW6E is that the levels are generally easy once you power a few characters up and it becomes repetitive the way the stages are set up. I'll admit, I played it for awhile just cuz I loved making my own characters (I had 17 by the time I finished) and it was definitely a step up from the Create-A-Warrior mode in DW4. I maxed the achievements out within 2 months of play, though and eventually I moved on to WO2 that had more variance in its gameplay and stage setups.

I don't consider DW6E a waste of money since I bought it used for about $25 but had I spent $50-$60 on it when it first came out, I'd probably be pissed. LOL

Thread Information