Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bladestorm Discussion Thread

Default Bladestorm Discussion Thread

Many here have completed this game? I'm one of them. I found it a refreshing time away from the Warriors series, wasn't really that hard just as long as you mixed well, and used horses. Over 100 hours worth, too.

If a Bladestorm 2 were to come, I'll be keeping an eye out.

LOL, same, pretty much finished it also...but I didnt really use the horses, I think I just used swords untill I got the explosives book, now rifles all the way

If a Bladestorm 2 was going to be announced, I would pre-order it the first day possible I really love the game that much

You could quite easily surf the game with just using horses. Since they would give you easy access across the maps in short times, they were extremely handy, and would often crush their disadvantages since they were much higher levelled.

I didn't play Bladestorm that much, but from what little I did do, I enjoyed the tactical side of it. I also liked the 'little cog in a big machine' approach to it, as it was a refreshing change to the 'I am God' approach of the Warriors games I was so used to before.

Alas, I didn't have enough cash at the time to get it, and for some reason I still don't have it now

i finished it, but due to some technical issues had to start over on a new machine.

while anything that you use a lot is going to be superior to stuff that you don't, the one thing I've found to be spectacular is the halberd.

get it up a few levels and even things it's supposed to be BAD against get oneshotted, two at most.

unfortunately, once you get to missions right near the end [like, the level 5 major one and up] this edge vanishes Very quickly.

there's lots of things i didn't unlock though. hehe. this play through I'm trying to see how far i can get focusing massively on bows, especially longbows. longbows can take out entire bases by themselves without ever endangering your unit... but if it's the last base and you do that you're never going to get to the reward before the game ends

if they ever make a bladestorm 2, i would totally buy it. but i would hope that it'd cover a different war. 30 years war, perhaps? while loosely divided into two 'sides', it had so many different factions, many of whom constantly switched sides... and mercenaries were a big deal then too. bit less unit variety though.... not that that would really stop people who happily drop elephants, camels, samurai, rifles, and magicians into late medieval France.

heck, if one did the 30 years war, one could almost do it with an empires style overlay. at least one mercenary carved out his own realm, however short lived, in the course of that war

but yeah, i must say that Bladestorm is one of the few games for the current round of consoles that actually justifies it's own existence, and does so Very well. sits next to the original Kessen and Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII as my all time fav console games. hehe. i like strategy

i would have bought RotTK XI but for some weirdness int he shipping/ordering system.. blah. i'm getting off topic.

bladestorm = win. that is all.

i think am stuck on the english retreat level though i havnt played on it for a long time now

This was my fav KOEI game (until Gundam 2 came along 0_0 the addiction). So it's my No.2 now.

I completed the story mode and some of the after-story parts of the game before the time game and I had to move on. I never did get the guns of the engineers ^^

Lets keep this game alive. !

LOL, I still havent got the engineers...but I think im going to try and get them in my new story...and dont you worry, I will keep this game alive...it is I think my favourite Koei game so far

At first I thought the game was similar to that of DW and SW, but using those cool English & French characters instead. It turned out I was completely wrong. I made my mercenary character near the beginning (there were some pretty neat options), and then went through the first half of the tutorials in battle. And then I quickly lost interest after that unfortunately...

I play the Xbox360 version and I just love the way that Gamerpoints are soi easy to obtain. You get almsot all 1000 of them just by playing through the game once.

Thread Information