Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batman: The Dark Knight

Default Batman: The Dark Knight

This film was great, not amazing for me since I'm more into Sci-Fi fantasy like Star Wars and LOTR, but still it was great. Heath as the Joker was the highlight of the film for me, very well played and worth watching. I missed Batman Begins so I'm new to this darker side of Batman, but it was a change worth viewing. Obviously he does need his latest gadgets to show off, too!

This film was also actually a bit more violent than expected.

It was a brilliant movie. I never saw Batman Begins in the cinema but I knew I'd have to go and see The Dark Knight in Cinemas. It's actually quite sad that Heath Ledger died. (A year ago yesterday? Time really went fast.) He is an absolutely brilliant actor. I was annoyed that people only went to see it because a dead guy was in it, not because of it being a Batman film.

Yeah, the critics would of gone to see his performance to see this Oscar-worthy-act. Shame really.

And I wouldn't know if it was really the above, but I know he was the highlight of the film. In my opinion of course.

To be honest, I didn't know what the fuss was about. Yes Heath Ledger was amazing as the joker. But the film was crap. It dragged on and I couldn't wait for it to end. I also hate the way Batman's voice went all husky like Snakes (metal gear solid) it really wound me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Sun View Post
    To be honest, I didn't know what the fuss was about. Yes Heath Ledger was amazing as the joker. But the film was crap. It dragged on and I couldn't wait for it to end. I also hate the way Batman's voice went all husky like Snakes (metal gear solid) it really wound me up.
    Agreed.
    I think it was really ridiculous that they made Batman talk like that! What the hell!?
    From time to time you honestly couldn't understand what he was saying!
    And I'm not the only one who thinks so!
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

"what the hell"? maybe if he talked like his normal persona bruce wayne everyone would actually know who he was? i mean it does actually make sense for him to talk like that. and saying you coulnt understand him is like saying the ps3 is overpriced and one cant save up money to buy it. his speech was perfectly understandable.

and i also think the movie was one of the best ive seen. loved everything about it.

No, it was seriously ridiculous that they made him talk like that. It's was just plain stupid.
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

well i guess that one womans trash is another mans treasure.

and its not ridiculous! its stupid enough that people dont recognise superman as clark kent. whoaaa!!!!!!!! the glasses! OMG its like hes a completely different person!

no hes not. THATS ridiculous.

I thought the movie was amazing and definately the best batman movie made yet. I do think they overdid it with his voice though. If you watch Batman Begins and then watch the dark night again, you will see how much they overdid it from the better voice they used in the first movie. Thats just in my opinion.

And also, Heath Ledger did do good as the joker but the reason everyone thinks he did amazing and great was because he died and this was his last movie.

If someone in the cast of watchmen died before the movie was released in theatres, then i bet they would have done amazing as well.

I'm not saying this to be mean this is just my opinion.

The movie was still amazingly great though and still one of my favorite movies.

An amazing piece of filmmaking that rockets the Batman legacy to heights never imagined, fueled by Heath Ledger's amazing re-invention of The Joker. There are now six Batman films and I must say that The Dark Knight is the best out of all of them. The title is good because that is what Batman actually is.

Thread Information