Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Livening Up the Forum Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Outi View Post
    2 - Beat the DW out of the DW fans. It's okay to be a fan of a game series, but man this isn't right anymore. I got ******* smoked out of these forums for 2 weeks because I gave some constructive criticism about the graphics engine of Dynasty Warriors. The DW cult got angry and declared me as a heretic. I don't feel like saying squat to people who only want to talk about DW and won't listen to anything except praise for the series. This isn't a good environment for discussion.
    He he good idea. Criticism should never be judged to harshly. You have every right to voice your options about a game. How else do discussions start? If you everyone agrees on something then there isn’t anything to talk about.

How about reviews where we give the reviewer marks for how much we agree with them? I know LDZ started something like that in the General.

Well for that, you can already make comments on reviews that have been posted on the site, directly to the games...at least I think you can, but I guess if you could try and work it here as well, it might work.

Another idea could perhaps be to actually start a topic, or use an existing thread, and make a post that is easily able to promote a long lasting, strong discussion, without it being flame-worthy. just a simple idea to throw in

@Outi - You do realize that this is a KOEI Forum, right? the most popular titles are Warrior titles, which is essencially the main part of the forum discussion and where you expect to have the most attention.

To get my point across, most of the fans come here to discuss Warriors titles, if they want to discuss mainly SE Titles, Anime, etc, they usually go elsewhere where the attention is focused on said titles.

The problem isn't with them actually, but with you not accepting the fact that this is a forum to discuss Warriors titles. If your so much bothered about it, or hate the fact there is only DW-nerds-- as you said. Then your more than welcome to leave.

As for my idea, I always liked the backgrounds that every koei related has. Maybe having some quiz or trivia about them, within the members here. The prize would be background(s), of course.

^ What Outi was more saying that they are BAD fans. Good fans can accept faults in their favorite things and get past them, not venomously attack anyone who dares have a different opinion (especially if they aren't trolling)

And even if it IS an official forum, TRPG was an official forum (not a well enforced one, but not many would complain about that =P), and for the most part participated in nearly everything. In most forums, official or not, off topic gets the most posts period. Yet here it feels like offtopic gets relatively few posts.

But maybe it is for the best to find other forums.

Eitherway, though it's just my opinion, perhaps we shouldn't tell people to go away in a thread about livening up the forum?
    Last edited by entropy-cipher; 09-07-09 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruka View Post
    @Outi - You do realize that this is a KOEI Forum, right? the most popular titles are Warrior titles, which is essencially the main part of the forum discussion and where you expect to have the most attention.
    You DO realize that even if I'm a diehard fan of Metal Gear Solid I still acknowledge that those games aren't perfect. I don't call up all my buddies and assault someone who thinks the Metal Gear Solid series could use some improvements.
    That's what happened to me here. I said I'd really want to see a new graphics engine in the Warriors games soon and the members here got all murderous en masse and started ******* trolling me about how I'm a shithead for saying something like that!

I don't care what the hell this forum is about. It's still ridiculous if it's only allowed to say positive things about the Warriors games here. This isn't democracy, it's totalitarism! No freedom of speech whatsoever! You're like a goddamn fundamentalist religious group! And this site is like a meadow filled with castrated sheep! I can't believe you're being so black and white about this... I mean c'mon. Do you really think DW is a perfect game series with no flaws and it doesn't need any improvement? REALLY? No improvement at all? You think a new graphics engine will ruin the series? Is it something that you absolutely don't want to see? NOT EVER?
    If you people don't have a problem with a new graphics engine, then why the **** did I get chased out of here!?

People on TRPG forums didn't think that the NIS games are perfect but nobody got trashed for saying that out loud! We talked about how Disgaea - for example - pretty much lacks a character development system of any kind and even though everybody was a fan of Disgaea, it was okay to talk about how some things about that game should be improved and how some things about that game downright sucks.

Sorry for being so harsh about this... but I think it was pretty unreasonably harsh that there was like 8 people bashing on me because I simply said that the DW6 graphics engine is starting to get old and it would be cool to see a new one. And that wasn't even the only case like this.

I could praise DW all day every day if this was a site dedicaded to improving game sales and I got paid for writing bullshit about how it's the best game series in the world. Make no mistake: I love Dynasty Warriors. But there is NO SUCH game that has absolutely nothing wrong with it!

Are we clear here?
    Is it possible for you to comprehend that you can really like a game even though you don't think it's flawless? Is it possible for you to comprehend that the comment I made about the graphics engine was not an insult directed at the DW series? Is it possible for you to understand that most fans of most games can live with criticism pointed at their favourite game?
    I've never been in a forum before where the fans are this biased and unconditional about their favourite games. This is so messed up in so many ways it's hard to even believe this is actually happening.

Ban me, I dare ya!
    Last edited by Outi; 09-07-09 at 12:05 AM.
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

The reason I posted that was because of this post and several others where you complain that members here only talk about DW.

I think the problem here is that these damn DW-nerds don't play any other games than Koei's Warriors games (OR maybe they're just busy cosplaying). It's impossible to start a conversation unless it's about Dynasty Warriors. And you'd better have something POSITIVE to say about those games otherwise they don't wanna hear it.
    Now to the majority of your post which I wasn't aware of, if they did troll/assaulted you, why didn't you used the report button or report to a moderator? that's what we are here for.

Edit: By bashing them or trolling them back you don't make your position superior or be considered a victim in the midst of everything.
    Last edited by Ruka; 09-07-09 at 03:01 AM.

I'd say ads for this place is the best bet. Not so many people will enter RP and contests if they think the place is already dead. And the best way to get people to post is to get new people here, or possibly people who haven't been here for a very long time. I don't think it's an issue of being socially skilled as much as population in general - more people you have, more likely you're going to have conversations going in general, let alone finding more people socially skilled.

As for tolerance, I had to laugh. There's no way people will ever become more tolerant, especially when it's ok socially to be so sensitive these days. As hurtful as it can be, you have to suck it up or leave. Even if mods ban these people, they'll come back if they relly want to one way or another (or in one case, the mods will decide to un ban all the banned people. Whoever decided that was a good idea and/or let it happen need a good smack over the head).

So if this place wants revival, it comes down to a lot of luck, and a significant amount of good decision making imo.

My crap has been blurted (lol). Have fun

edit: Just thought i'd add that since Tecmo and Koei merged and whatnot, I'd expect to see things pick up a bit once more interesting stuff happens with the company (companies?), but who knows it might not.
    Last edited by Chi-Chi Blanche; 09-07-09 at 02:20 AM.

I mean ads to the forum on the specific game ads like Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires. Is it not that hard to find ads for Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires or whatever but much harder to find mentions of the forum on other websites.

I don't care what the hell this forum is about. It's still ridiculous if it's only allowed to say positive things about the Warriors games here. This isn't democracy, it's totalitarism! No freedom of speech whatsoever! You're like a goddamn fundamentalist religious group! And this site is like a meadow filled with castrated sheep! I can't believe you're being so black and white about this... I mean c'mon. Do you really think DW is a perfect game series with no flaws and it doesn't need any improvement? REALLY? No improvement at all?
    You post on a website and are surprised when someone does not agree with you? Not only that the people do disagree are all called kinds of things?

If you people don't have a problem with a new graphics engine, then why the **** did I get chased out of here!?
    You ran yourself out. Not to mention you said you would leave if someone disagreed with your opinons on the graphics engine.

I will shut up now. Sorry for getting off topic Ruka/whoever.

Ban me, I dare ya!
    There is nothing to really ban you for though...you are just expressing your opinion, which you are more than welcome to do, just as much as the next who wants to, and we cant stop that.

Im sorry that this kind of thing may have happened to you, I wasnt really aware of it at the time, but I do agree with what you are saying, you should not have been attack and driven out just for expressing a highly valid point of view. I am not sure what happened exactly, but if it was to occur again, I would hope that you or any others involve would at least contact one of us...because I know that I myself can be quite busy at times, so I sometimes dont get the chance to thoroughly go through the forums, and im guessing this might be the same for Chin and Leady FF ^^.

Pretty much nothing has happened on these forums since the morning. The game guessing thread got like two posts (of which one was mine), but not much else has happened on any of the sections today. People are logged in but they don't have anything to say about anything. And I can't post all the time 'cause most of the threads where I'd want to post something have their last comments from me already!
    These forums are REALLY dying.
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

Thread Information