Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars

Default Star Wars

Many have said that they prefer the old films, but the newly done ones do have highlights as well. Such as Episode 1 with the whole Darth Maul showing off his double lightsaber, and the podracing. 2 with the Clone Wars, and 3 with Darth Vaders first appearance.

There's many characters in here I do like, I don't really have a favorite strangely enough...

Anyone else grew up with Star Wars?

I love Star Wars. The movies, the games... the... movies.
    I prefer the original to the new movies. I do love the new movies but I hate the actors in them. Oh and Star Wars games are freaking awesome.

Love my SW.

Does anyone want to throw-up over the plot of The Force Unleashed (I did). I wish that had never been made.

lol the plot of The Force Unleashed ? What is that

Star Wars movies are so great ^^ Even if I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, I like the movies that always got superb effects & an original story

Star Wars The Force Unleased was a PS3 and XboX 360 game released before Xmas that tells the story between ep3 and ep4 (and Darth Vaders secret Apprentice). Its absolutely awful.

I like almost all the movies (except for episode 2 which i just don't like, don't really know why though) but i can't say anything about episode 3 and the new animated movie as i still haven't had a chance to see them.

I really like the Jedi Knight games and the Pod Racing game though.

Anyone read any good SW book? I read some of the Young Jedi Knights books and liked them atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Leady FF ^^ View Post
    Star Wars The Force Unleased was a PS3 and XboX 360 game released before Xmas that tells the story between ep3 and ep4 (and Darth Vaders secret Apprentice). Its absolutely awful.
    Oh yes, now you told me, I remembered the title, yes, I've seen my brother playing that game, the story is a bit confusing XD

I've started to read a Star Wars book when I was younger (the story is after the last episode movie Episode 6) but as I don't read fictionnal book a lot, I lose the book & stopped my reading XD

I'm not a big fan of SW, but I love the universe it created. However, episode 3 is, in my opinion, useless. It's veryyyyy beautiful, an awesome production, but, the story is empty, it can be summarized in two lignes : Anakin becomes evil, Jedis die, Anakin falls in lava and has to wear the famous armor. End. Still, costumes, special effects, etc. are very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonZ View Post
    Anyone else grew up with Star Wars?
    Hell yes!
    When I was little I was either indoors playing video games or outdoors playing Star Wars with the boys.
    I never really learned to understand what exactly makes this Barbie person seem so cool to the other girls (Darth Vader would kick her ass no matter what her strategic measures are). So, I didn't have any girlfriends when I was little. But I'm not bitter or anything, I had some awesome jedi duels with the boys!

And sometimes I still go by the nickname "Outi-Wan Kenobi".

And as much as I hate geeky-purist-hardcore-jerk-fanboys and fangirls, I have to be a geeky-purist-hardcore-jerk-fangirl now... I hate Episodes I, II and III. I saw Episode III for the first time on Christmas eve and GODDAMN! that movie sucked serious egg! I was so embarassed on George Lucas' behalf that I almost cried.
    The worst thing that can happen to a sci-fi series - don't care if it's TV or movies - is the streamlined polishing effect. You know, when everything just gets super clean and sterile and ergonomic and eww? And that's EXACTLY what happened to Star Wars after the original series!
    The first three movies were awesome and they had this sense of credibility to them because they weren't filled with layers and layers of CG effects. It looked like all those space ships COULD actually exist, that they COULD actually be built and that they COULD actually work. Everything just felt and looked like it COULD be real in a galaxy far far away...
    But in the new trilogy everything is just polished beyond shiny so that it doesn't look real anymore. And I don't know how you people feel, but OH MAN that fight between Yoda and Palpatine was awful! ... oh... man... oh man, oh man... wow... mm-mm... Jesus... I mean... DID YOU SEE THAT!? That was like the effing lamest thing ever!
    And don't even get me started on just how bad a disaster Jar Jar Binks is...

Watching Episodes I-III makes me feel like I'm watching to some crappy 90's Star Trek episodes.
    And you know as well as I do that Star Trek got completely ruined after Picard left the ship.
    Last edited by Outi; 31-01-09 at 11:37 PM.
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

LOL I think Jar Jar was created to be annoying and hated. And Yoda dueled likely to show people what he was like as a Jedi. It was like a mixture of laughing and, wow, he is awesome. Yours was likely the former then. :P

Thread Information