Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars

I like the clean look of the prequels - I believe it was done to represent the 'golden-age' / 'rose-coloured' specs of the people from the OT looking back or being told about the end of the republic.

I also dont believe that the events of the prequels actually happened in the way they did. They are meant to be like myths believed by the people in the OT era (sort of like the WW2 films we have now).

Then again i have been smoking crack for a good few years now lol

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonZ View Post
    LOL I think Jar Jar was created to be annoying and hated. And Yoda dueled likely to show people what he was like as a Jedi. It was like a mixture of laughing and, wow, he is awesome. Yours was likely the former then. :P
    I didn't have a problem with Yoda's light saber skills... I had a problem with Palpatine's! He was like hissing and acting all embarassing! I was watching the scene with my hand coveing my mouth and... I was like, "OH-MY-GOD! This worse than the Mortal Kombat movies..."
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

Quote Originally Posted by Outi View Post
    I didn't have a problem with Yoda's light saber skills... I had a problem with Palpatine's! He was like hissing and acting all embarassing! I was watching the scene with my hand coveing my mouth and... I was like, "OH-MY-GOD! This worse than the Mortal Kombat movies..."
    Not as silly as the face Palpatine pulls in Return of the Jedi whilst zapping Luke though.

You've seen the Darth Vader Blues video on YouTube by the way?
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3eZBevXohCI

I still think the Yoda VS Palpatine fight way moar silly than Palpatine zapping Luke.

Palpatine zapping Luke is one of the all time best bits LDZ , how can you say that??

It's so silly! The scene before Vader throws him down, you see him pulling those facial expressions...

On another note, Boba's death was also silly. It hardly gives him any praise. :P

Oh yeah, Boba Fett...
    "Boba Fett!? Where!?" *turn* -> *staff hits Boba's jetpack* -> *Boba crashes into Jabba's ship and falls in Sarlacc's mouth*

EDIT:

AH-HAAAA!
    I just found out that Boba Fett didn't actually DIE when he got swallowed by the Sarlacc! He escaped from it's stomach! ... That wasn't shown in the movie, obviously... I suppose it was explained in the comics or something... But it would appear that his survival is still considered to be fully canonical!
    Last edited by Outi; 03-02-09 at 11:43 AM.

I have to agree with you LDZ. The prequels aren't as bad as I first thought. The more you watch them the more you get them and the more good bits you discover. Episode 1 has the best lightsabre battle of all six between Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Darth Maul. The space battle opening to Episode 3 is awesome too.

The three originals can be just as cheesy in places but we remember them more fondly and less critically because we were younger then.

I can't imagine life without Star Wars. It would be so dull.

I don't care why I don't like the prequels, I just don't. I can't enjoy them AT ALL. Maybe it IS because I have fond memories of the original trilogy... but what difference does that make? The fact still remains that I think the prequels are bad movies.
    I can't watch them.
    I don't want to watch them.

And that's not really my problem 'cause I don't LOSE anything if I don't want to watch a movie that I think is bad. It's more George Lucas' problem that a lot of people are really disappointed in his Star Was prequel-trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateWarrior View Post
    I have to agree with you LDZ. The prequels aren't as bad as I first thought. The more you watch them the more you get them and the more good bits you discover. Episode 1 has the best lightsabre battle of all six between Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Darth Maul. The space battle opening to Episode 3 is awesome too.

The three originals can be just as cheesy in places but we remember them more fondly and less critically because we were younger then.

I can't imagine life without Star Wars. It would be so dull.
    You're my hero!

Episode 3 just shows how comical it can be at the start. I'm talking of R2D2 and his range of weaponry. But it was first shown in Episode 2 with his flying capability that nobody likely expected to happen.

He did give me a good laugh in that film.

Thread Information