Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (PS3/Xbox 360)

Default Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (PS3/Xbox 360)

Expectedly no longer a PSP exclusive it seems.

Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce will be hitting Japan's stores at the start of October 09, Oct 1. It will be launching for the first time on both the PS3 & Xbox 360 console.

Thanks to BlackKite from KOEI Warriors, these features are known right now:

- With a 'joint struggling generals' system you can be accompanied by up to 3 characters
    - Ability to do multi play and voice chat over the net
    - Appearance of character cards that power up cities
    - Weapon abilities can be appended
    - Meng Huo will be appearing here
    Last edited by LittleDragonZ; 26-12-09 at 10:56 AM.

That's good news!

Just something I'd like to know...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonZ View Post
    - With a 'joint struggling generals' system you can be accompanied by up to 3 characters
    Does this mean I can play offline with 3 characters controlled by the CPU/additional players?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonZ View Post
    - Appearance of character cards that power up cities
    - Weapon abilities can be appended
    Weren't these already in the original for PSP?
    "We're getting wet. In a shower. Because, basically, we talked it over, Chastity and myself, and we came to the conclusion that civilization is nothing more than an effective sewage system. And so by the use of plumbing we hope to demonstrate this to the world." ~ Ron Nasty

i'm waiting for a new game of Koei..
    a new game for ps3
    Last edited by Qing Long; 29-07-09 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Double Posts

i can't wait for strikeforce on xbox 360. When i first saw strikeforce, i thought it was stupid that it was only for PSP because not a lot of people have a PSP and i bet more people would buy it on PS3 and Xbox 360 . I'm definately going to buy it and then get rid of my PSP version as well as my PSP.

ah i wanna get a ps3 now lol

I must admit I like the character models in the Next-Gen versions, when I saw the hi-rez screens I was quite impressed. If they can keep the frame-rate at 60fps for online play it could look quite good.

I hope that this game come to europe.

Im not hyped in the least, empires was the absolute line for me.
    I would not buy strikeforce even with a gun to my head.

edit, let me shed some light why; editable weapons is a nightmare returning from warriors orochi, it will ensure overpowerment on top of a already boring battlesystem.

The second forms of everyone is a bad joke and almost makes the game a new dragon ball z entry, perhaps its 'awsem cool the wowzers' for 13 year old boys but it insults people who loved the warrior series for its atmosphere.

In the end all this game can be is a sore attempt to enhance DW6 that has utterly failed because again it contains no compulsion nor replayability by leaving out the collectabillity and pounding the difficulty to something my cat could beat.
    Last edited by Mousou hat; 04-08-09 at 01:10 AM.
    http://www.koei.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3659&dateline=1250605  062

Quote Originally Posted by Mousou hat View Post
    Im not hyped in the least, empires was the absolute line for me.
    I would not buy strikeforce even with a gun to my head.

edit, let me shed some light why; editable weapons is a nightmare returning from warriors orochi, it will ensure overpowerment on top of a already boring battlesystem.

The second forms of everyone is a bad joke and almost makes the game a new dragon ball z entry, perhaps its 'awsem cool the wowzers' for 13 year old boys but it insults people who loved the warrior series for its atmosphere.

In the end all this game can be is a sore attempt to enhance DW6 that has utterly failed because again it contains no compulsion nor replayability by leaving out the collectabillity and pounding the difficulty to something my cat could beat.
    you really wouldn't buy it with a gun to your head? thats crap i pretty sure you would if you were about to get shot in the face haha

thanks to Qing Long for the awesome sig!

@Musou hat: its fine that you have that view, but there are a few things that I just feel like I have to say about it:

-The customisation of the weapons are quite minimal in the PSP version, you can chose either Standard, Power or Skill, as in the orignial DW6, and depending on which of those you chose, you would have either 1 or 2 slots to put an orb into, which in all actual fact, doesnt really make all that much of a difference, unless you use those that really are meant for an effect, like an increase in deeds, spoils, gold, etc.

-The difficulty of the game is so much greater than that of the past 2-4 DW games, the AI is a lot better, and the game really requires that you know what you are doing before you make it to pretty much all of the boss levels, even at the start, Zhang Jiao was a bit of a struggle, but that was just because of the weapons that I used, now he is quite easy (^.^)

-I guess I will agree with you somewhat on that second point though...it takes away from the historical atmosphere of the game, but still, I think that it is a nice and quite unique spin on the whole period...but thats just my opinion (^.^)

I guess in the end though, its your choice not to buy it

Thread Information