Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: KOEI Europe Release Dates

Surely for profit as said before? No one wants to stop people missing out on buying games(usually.) Its always annoying but that reason makes sense.

I import more and more these days allthough thats mainly because of SMT games not looking like coming anytime.

I think it's usually because the Japanese publishers/developers can't find a European distributor that will make them a good enough offer that will pay for the localisation (and PAL conversion if it's a PS2 game) and still allow them to make money. Rather than them 'deciding' not to release a game in Europe.

If the Japanese release of the game is region free then it will only make it harder to find a good distribibution deal as there will be worries over imports.

Quote Originally Posted by Shindo View Post
    ok they brig us Mana Khemia which is a crap and poor game for an RPG...

Are you serious? Mana Khemia crap? That game has got so much to offer. I for one love it and I'm sure many others do.
    At the end of the day it's all down to personal taste

Quote Originally Posted by Shindo View Post
    try Persona 4 you will see what's one of the best RPG that exist in this galaxy.
    Persona 4 is a great RPG I agree but it's also a very different kind of RPG from Mana Khemia.

I'm just glad that Koei have managed to bring us many of these RPG's over to the UK whether it's been distributing or publishing. Mana Khemia, Makai Kingdom, Phantom Brave, Disgaea 1 & 2, Atelier Iris series, Person 3 & Persona 3 FES the list goes on. So thanks Koei!

I'd still love it if Koei brought Devil Summoner 2 & Mana Khemia 2 over even though I know it's not gonna happen, lol!

Last edited by silvertongue; 22-09-09 at 02:08 PM.
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Leady FF ^^ View Post
    I think it's usually because the Japanese publishers/developers can't find a European distributor that will make them a good enough offer that will pay for the localisation (and PAL conversion if it's a PS2 game) and still allow them to make money. Rather than them 'deciding' not to release a game in Europe.

If the Japanese release of the game is region free then it will only make it harder to find a good distribibution deal as there will be worries over imports.
    Yeah I figured taking Operation Darkness as a example the reason it's not region free in the US is because when Atlus licensed the game from Idea Factory they only acquired the US publishing rights and not the European ones so they have to lock it.

Where as when UBI Soft licensed Armored Core: For Answer from From Software they acquired the US and European publishing and therefore they decided to make it region free.

Hopefully like the PS3 the next Microsoft console will be completely region free for handy importing. (can't wait to get Demon's Souls and Way Of The Samurai 3 on the PS3) as the chances of a Euro release are slim.

I think that Way of the Samurai 3 is coming here from Rising Star.

Yes, risingstar games will be bringing the game to europe. There is a few news articles around about that.

Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    I'd still love it if Koei brought Devil Summoner 2 & Mana Khemia 2 over even though I know it's not gonna happen, lol!
    If you can play US games, then you can order the collector version of Mana Khemia 2 on Rosenqueen's website for 49$ (or normal version for 39$). And there are a lot of other good items :P

Do you know if Koei plan to realease in Europe NIS's A Witch Tale ?

It was mentioned that Atelier Annie was too niche for a release possibly (as in little chance) in Europe so A Witch Tale would have worse chances.

Ok, thanks for the answer. I guess I'll have to order it in US.
    (NIS Europe has to come back >.< I want a Rosenqueen EU !)

I bought my Prinny hat from RosenQueen lol ^^ (dont know what happened to it though -_-)

Thread Information