View Poll Results: Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dynasty Warriors

28 77.78%
  • Samurai Warriors

8 22.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors?

Default Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors?

Which do you prefer? Please give good reasons for your choices.

To me the Dynasty Warriors series is more important, though I'd admit from the game mechanics the SW series comes out after and has more positive features to climax the gameplay we've grown to love. The reasons are likely because of the whole Three Kingdoms story and me getting into DW2 when it first came out. And Zhao Yun.

Ironically, Zhao Yun is the poster boy I like the least--even less than Basara's Masamune

Anyway, I'd go with Dynasty--although I'll admit the choice wasn't an easy one. But DW has much more characters (hence movesets), costumes (seriously, the most costumes a SW character has is 3, and that's in WO2!), stages and so on.
    It's also true that DW has been around for 6 games (ok, 5 since the first one was a normal fighting game), 6 spin-offs and 4+ handheld releases while SW only has 2 mainstream games, 4 spin-offs and 1 1/2 handheld releases, so DW has had more chances to grow in both roster and gameplay. Still, DW is slightly better than SW in my book.
    "We're getting wet. In a shower. Because, basically, we talked it over, Chastity and myself, and we came to the conclusion that civilization is nothing more than an effective sewage system. And so by the use of plumbing we hope to demonstrate this to the world." ~ Ron Nasty

Its an easy one for me.

DW3 was by far the most enticing game i have ever played, however SW1 has the most awesome leveling system and overall atmosphere concerning its gameplay, the really good grim setting with lots of noir mist and shades makes you feel like youve really entered a hellish battlefield, much better than all the flashy color stuff from DW.

Also, i am much more intrigued by the world of Daimyo than the world of emperors.
    I also must say that huge numbers of people 'all wearing flags on their backs looks alot more awsem than just a random people carrying their divisions flag.

So. samurai warriors for me.
    http://www.koei.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3659&dateline=1250605  062

Dynasty Warriors for me. I think the whole Musou mode in Samurai Warriors (slowing down time) just didn't work for me, played it co-op and all I got off my friend was "aaarrggg you slowed the screen down again" also the joined Musou bar??? that just annoyed me a little

Yeah that's annoying in SW2 with the level bars. Charging your musou with circle when 1 bar is full just unleashes it.

It's returning to Samurai Warriors 3.

Arggggggg, So I charge it all and my friend uses it...nice!!!

Nope that is the reason I prefer DW. Shame because I think the atmosphere is much better in SW, with the "feel" of a battlefield portrayed really well...then again I think Bladestorm got that down quite well as well

The worst part of the multi-level musou bars was the added element in the full musou attacks...sometimes it would only throw the enemies away from my attack. I've gotten used to only using lv 2 musous in SW2E because of that...
    "We're getting wet. In a shower. Because, basically, we talked it over, Chastity and myself, and we came to the conclusion that civilization is nothing more than an effective sewage system. And so by the use of plumbing we hope to demonstrate this to the world." ~ Ron Nasty

Samurai Warriors. I like the gameplay better, and far more characters I like than Dynasty Warriors. That said there is a lot more characters I hate too.

i'd say it was an easy choice for me to make. I chose Dynasty Warriors. I have been playing the games since DW3. I never really got into SW's that much. I bought and played the first one but i didn't think it was good enough to buy the second one. Although the new SW looks like its going to be awesome.

Plus, i just find the history of the three kingdoms is more interesting to me.

Last edited by CuckooBanana; 10-12-09 at 08:38 PM.

I cant believe how much you people complain about things that made samurai warriors good, the slowmotion effect that mousou would often give in coop was awesome!
    And the sectional mousou bars ensured you werent some kind of nuke on wheels, they had to be used tactically.

I guess some of you here played a bit to much warriors orochi....
    http://www.koei.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3659&dateline=1250605  062

Thread Information