View Poll Results: Will you get the new PS3 Slim?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course! It's great that it's finally been revealed!

2 20.00%
  • Maybe, don't really know right now.

1 10.00%
  • No, It's still to expensive/I'm still not interessted.

2 20.00%
  • No, I already have a regular PS3.

5 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Slim

Default PS3 Slim

So now that the Slim version of PS3 has been announced together with a price cut, is anyone else here getting it? I've been waiting a long time for this to be revealed since it really seemed that it's lurked in the shadows for a long while now so now I'm definitely getting it, just in time for Cross Edge in september and Agarest: Generations of War in october.

I might trade my ps3 for the slim ps3 once its been out for a while, but I want to know more about it first.

i dont c wat the fuss is, its a ps3 but smaller :s, im happy with the 1 i got

Well i don't really care about its size (even though i prefer smaller consoles since they don't take up so much size), It's just that it's supposed to be about 1000 euro cheaper which makes it really appealing to me.

Though sadly, here in sweden it seems we won't get any price cut at all according to "Nordisk Film" (sony's swedish distributor) just because our taxes are so damn high and because the stores want more profit for each sold machine. So if it wasn't for the salary I'm getting soon and that I've already bought Valkyria Chronicles i would probably not care about the slim at all either.

u do make a point, i mean in england we have a ressesion so people arnt spendin that much money, but there makin the same mistake as the ps2 slim

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos92 View Post
    u do make a point, i mean in england we have a ressesion so people arnt spendin that much money, but there makin the same mistake as the ps2 slim
    What mistake do you mean?

Anyway pretty much the main reason I'm showing interest in the ps3 slim is that I finally might be able to easily bring the console with me in my backpack when visit family. It was so awkward when I used to do that with the original size ps2...

what i mean by the mistake is that they bring it out when most people already have a ps3
    Last edited by Chaos92; 22-08-09 at 10:43 PM.

Actually I don't really think that most people who want's a PS3 have bought a one yet. To many it's really been too expensive for quite a while now, but also for a lot of people like me, there hasn't really been that many games that are interesting enough to get one to buy a PS3 (and i can't really say that there are that many out yet either, but there's loads of great games coming at least).

And then there's probably a lot of people who thought that they'd just buy a 360 and/or Wii instead, but might change their minds with this Slim unit and price.

If there were more games that I was interested in, I might. But at the moment PC and Xbox gaming is completely satisfying and I don't feel the need for me to get a ps3

well tekken 6, god of war 3 and MAG r out soon so thats gd 4 ps3 owners

Thread Information