Thread: Dissidia: Final Fantasy

Default Dissidia: Final Fantasy

Anyone else got it? A cracking game for the PSP. Story is good, music is incredible (FF music is!), combat is very exciting, voice acting is really good, and there's so much content! Every mode is fun and it's all filled with nostalgia that makes it well worth the price.

A must-have for Final Fantasy fans!

I don't have it yet, but my friend is going to pick up my Limited Edition copy tomorrow for me. But I have played the demo, and the game really seems great from it.

The only thing that i kinda not like is that there are so many boring characters. When there are so damn many great characters in FF games, they seem to have picked some of the most boring ones. And there's definitely to few female characters (IMO at least).

Well you'll be happy to know that each one of them plays in their own style and feels different.

Note that there's no evil story for the characters like Sephiroth etc. Don't be confused by the ''What side will you fight for?'' slogan that's just an advertizing scheme or something. However, you're able to use the villains in the other modes.

Have fun. I'm sure you will if you're a Final Fantasy fan.

Keep in mind that the chaos characters need to be played in quick battle if you dont like the idea of facing characters 3 times your level.

Well you can use the Chaos characters in Duel Colloseum when you unlock it or can use them in the bonus story chapters you unlock.

Really, the game is not that hard once you do a few stories.
    Last edited by LittleDragonZ; 12-09-09 at 10:55 AM.

Duel Coliseum is great to a extent but if you cant beat a boss at level 30 its gonna be painful. Of course, it does not happen fast, but it does not take long. The easiest extra stories start with enemies at level 9 and go much higher, so 1 story is possible to do soon with a fresh character.

The game is pretty good, is not hard to recommend.

Yes even I've noticed even if your foe is like 5 levels higher, it can make a world of difference.

Inward Chaos story is crazy, you have to defeat each extremely fast or you'll pay the ultimate price. Like near enough a dominant win from what I've seen.

Do you love the music Onislash?

Sure, except the random battle music, I got sick of that in the main games.

How good is this game? I love it!

I was worried it was gonna be another Ehrgeiz which wasn't all that IMO.
    The game is stunning, it looks and plays very smoothly and as always the music is fantastic as is the voice acting!

<a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

@Onislash, you mean the ''Battle Theme''? Sure hearing 10's battle theme became somewhat bothersome, but it's nice to hear them once again, and they flow well with these fast-paced scraps. And only usually occur when fighting Tidus or Jecht unless you choose the music in the modes that you can - like in Quick Battle and Duel Colloseum.

@silvertongue, yeah there's loads of nostalgia pointers. But the main goal is to make sure the combat is exciting, which it is!

I think the reviews should've been higher. But I believe I know why it's not so, because it's not the series's 'expertise' and that the story was not mindblowing. Though they never are in these types of games anyway.
    Last edited by LittleDragonZ; 12-09-09 at 10:56 AM.

Thread Information