View Poll Results: Do you agree with this thread?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Absolutely.

3 27.27%
  • Most of it.

1 9.09%
  • Little of it.

5 45.45%
  • Not at all.

2 18.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PLEASE MODS/DEVEOPERS/DESIGN TEAM READ THIS.

I found that to be a little rude. That first post I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by BEHEMOTH View Post
    I found that to be a little rude. That first post I mean.
    Some pointers could've been slightly altered, I agree. But it's great that one such as the topic creator has such strong views and expectations of the company.

Here, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so long as they don't go overboard.

I agree, as players all we can do is telling if we like or not a game, but it's useless if we don't explain WHY. I hope a lot of people will come here say why they like or not DW6^^ (as long as they don't just say "I like it because it's good" lol)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonZ View Post
    Everything has it's strengths and weaknesses. DW6 does feel more like a battlefield with the sheer amount. Also the series has never told the stories any better. It's just the gameplay that needed more charge attacks making the value last longer.

And I think it's too early to solely judge a character's look in SW3. One image, especially the stance, can give off a negative impression. Wait till you see in-game screenshots and movies, at least. To me Sakon's face looks practically the same, it's just his hair that has had a change.
    totally agreed here EXCEPT for the storytelling. I want my Nanmans back!! because of the limitations the storyline brought with it I got bored of the game so quick.

I would like to see the old weapons back for some too, especially Ma Chao with a spear again as it's not only historically weapon of choice but has been for every DW before 6 apparently. Some things are great to change but some things should not be changed.

Oh and on costumes I think Wu as a team in general were the worst; can we have actual men back please? I think Sun Quan was the only real improvement and most of them were not improvements but hey that's just me.

LDZ, I don't see how an in-depth rant is impressive though. I'm honestly not impressed, in fact i'm only adding my 2 cents worth because hey if a rant is important then what i have to say must also be important.

back to the first note with the "renbu" - yes although this is a Chinese based game, Koei is a Japanese company is memory serves me correct so using a Japanese word for the system would make sense wouldn't it? Would you be outraged knowing that the original language of the game is Japanese? O.M.G. what a mix up of culture. I've never heard anyone say Avatar: The Last Airbender is defiling anime by trying to be something it's not for example so I don't see why this is an issue. *rolls eyes*

Of course, every comment is important. Except for those trolling remarks that happen here and then.

The game just lacked charge attacks and the amount of stories, I think they were the most missed. It's the charge attacks that keep people trying new stuff out and play a bit more.

And by Wu not being men, do you mean the fact they all look young and are directed more towards attractiveness and fangirls? I think Wu has always been known for this though. That, and they love fire.

Wu always attracted fangirls indeed, but just look at Zhou Yu, Lu Xun or Ling Tong, they're so androgynous ! I think that's why Chi-Chi Blanche wants the "actual men back".

Also Chi-Chi talked about Ma Chao's spear, but actually almost all the characters had the same weapon from their first appearance till DW5. What I disliked in DW6 is the "bad" weapon. It's only mu opinion, but I find some weapons ridiculous : Dian Wei, Sima Yi, Diao Chan... and most of all, so many characters have the same moveset !!! I mean, there are seven characters removed AND some are clones ? it's too much :/

About the renbu, I agree with Chi-Chi, I don't mind if there is a japanese word in a game taking place in China, since as she said the game is japanese. It's just a word, it doesn't affects the gameplay.

But then you will tell me "so you shouldn't mind the new costumes, they doesn't alter the gameplay". Well... maybe I shouldn't, but still I do ! I can't play 100h or more with characters I don't like !!

About the last thing you said LDZ, I agree and I always thought it was a bad idea from Koei to give a "role" to each clan. Since DW2 it's :
    Shu : the mighty heros who are here to save the world from chaos.
    Wei : the bad guys who want to control the world with chaos.
    Wu : a big family mde of cool guys, just here for fun, they're not serious.
    Lu Bu : some kind of god.

And about the rant, it may not be impressive, but it's still a good thing^^

Default Awesome

Thrilled you guys are disuccing this in such depth thanks ;D

About the renbu japanese word thing, that was a little bit flippant and puling together mid related to the issue and using it to back that point up, i wasnt too serious about it anyway.

Though i am serious about everything else, but all i really wanna see is my old DW4/5 back. i love those games but id like an 'updated version' as such, but keeping the foundations.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but i will fight to the death for your right to say it" - Voltaire

As a fan of the old DW gameplay system from DW5 I think that DWG series is the spiritual successor to the old way of the playing the games (and the coupled with extra difficulty). I guess the Gundam part put some people off but if you liked that old-skool DW gameplay, I am sure that you would really enjoy DWG2.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonZ View Post

And by Wu not being men, do you mean the fact they all look young and are directed more towards attractiveness and fangirls? I think Wu has always been known for this though. That, and they love fire.
    true but it's so extreme this time >.< I hope I don't come across the wrong way but I didn't like the fact i had to sit there and actually guess Lu Xun's gender the first time i saw him (and then i found out who it was). Some characters (both in general and in Wu specifically) have been improvements though as far as looks, some are meh and some just haven't it's just Wu that really stands out to me as a team in whole for some reason ._. maybe it's because to me they've changed the most...

Thread Information