Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori09 View Post
    I cant wait for this game as DW6 clones stopped me from playing it, i hope theres none in this aswel and this CAW as littledragon describes it sounds awsome.

They also should Zhu Rong back now Meng Huo`s in it.
    Sorry,but none of the characters gets decloned and no new characters are in (except Meng Huo).

have they got a definite UK/Europe release date for it yet?

=] I want DW6 Empires out (prodes Koei) hehe

Quote Originally Posted by lordofjiaozhi View Post
    have they got a definite UK/Europe release date for it yet?
    If you mean like a day, not on this site, but Play.com, who claim to get there dates from makers, say 26th June. This site just says June. So basically, next month. Not long left at all, I can't wait for May to just get outta the way, then the countdown. My sisters prom is 24th, two days earlier.
    SW3 Friend Code: 3395-7139-6283

Theres quite a few good games coming out on the 26th of June, I'll be spoilt for choice! (Though I'm just gonna get DW6E)

I was looking for Empires on New Releases on GAME.com and it says 26th there as well. Your right, there are a LOAD of games coming out 26th June and alot look interesting.

But I'll get Empires.
    SW3 Friend Code: 3395-7139-6283

I really think KOEI should tweak the graphics engine of these games a bit more often (now people are gonna hate me again). I mean, considering how DW6 was released in 2007 why are they still using the same graphics engine on DW6E and WOZ? ... Yeah, I know it doesn't cost as much just recycling the old stuff, but still.
    DW6 looks old... in an ugly way. It doesn't look old in a charming way like games from the mid 90's and prior to that. It looks old like mildly enhanced PS2 graphics.

And I'm not saying this because I'm a of over the top graphics. I'm saying this because KOEI doesn't make all that much changes to these games anyways... And that's the main reason why people don't take these games seriously. It's the main reason why these games get shitty reviews. Because not much changes over the years. It's just the same games and same spin-offs over and over again with a new number to go with the title.
    It's an easy and cost-efficient way to make money.

But seriously.
    If they don't wanna go through the trouble of figuring out how to improve the gameplay mechanics or coming up with individual movesets for the clone characters, they could at least do something about the graphics.

(I'm ready to get murdered now for being a total bad guy and an obvious anti-KOEI fan...)

EDIT:
    This is just my unbiased opinion.
    I'm not a fan of KOEI and I'm not a fan of their Warriors series. I look at these games just as I look at any other game. And honestly, I understand why these games get such awful reviews... 50% of the 40+ character roster are just clones who share the exact same movesets and character animations. And the gameplay mechanics are totally fossilized: as a new gameplay feature in DW6, you can swim and climb ladders (and this is the only major change compared to DW5) ... which you could do in Mega Man games 22 years ago. AND on top of that they don't bother developing a new grapics engine until they've released at least 4 games on the old one.
    Last edited by Outi; 12-05-09 at 01:54 PM.
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

That is a matter of perspectives isnt it? I dont see wrestling games or FPS or sports or rpgs get shitty reviews for rehashes, as the gameplay still mostly the same thing over many many games.

Sure the gameplay is exaclty the same since DW2 but I am wondering what they can do to change it. At least Renbu was certainly different (I didnt like it) they got blasted for it which I imagine was very encouraging for change. Swimming was rather useless but at least ladders made for interesting sieges (a difference? Nah, still bashing square right?).

This isnt DW2, there are differences between Liu Bei and Sun Jian (example) in terms of character movesets. They are not huge but they are different.

Comes from that phrase ''If it ain't broke, don't fix it.'' Sadly the reviewers from places such as X-Play only give it a dead low score after playing for 10 minutes or so. They don't understand what's the strengths of the series -the history and number of personalities behind it all, slaying countless soldiers never really gets tiresome for Warriors fans, it's addictive gameplay. It's what I, and what I've read many fans say, love.

And yes, I really really love the likes of Final Fantasy, but how similar are they at it's core? Plus I've myself heard Madden's name mentioned many times as being similar.

The thing is with Strikeforce, it got better scores as usual because they couldn't ignore that it's different, trying not to sound arrogantly bias. Yet still I've seen sites that have revealed it's not selling that well. Could be because Gundam 2 was released too close for comfort or just the fact it's down solely to the PSP.

What the Warriors games need back are the stories and charge attack system incorporated into this possible Renbu, if they decide to keep for the 7th hack n' slash.
    Last edited by LittleDragonZ; 12-05-09 at 02:41 PM.

Charge attacks + Renbu = DW:G1 does it not?

Its rather annoying for example to see FPS to get high scores for shooting. Pressing R1 is really hard, entertaining and great right? Some guns are different but not to a revoluntary level. Multiplayer? What are the legendary changes between each game that keeps them getting perfect scores?

Should I mention Pokemon?

Thread Information