Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DEADLY9996 View Post
    There is commands for your officers, which is Defend, Attack, Come Here, And Do What You Want.
    But it is for all officers, and not specific ones.
    If you go onto the pause menu and go to the battleground/unit list/whatever its called, you can select individual officers and give them different orders. I think this is standard on all Empires games, but I haven't played any recently so I can't say for sure.

The directional pad can be used on the playing screen to command your army to: Attack, Defend, Gather to me, Whatever Suits You. I find that it makes officers too focused on one thing.

The menu screen allows very specific orders to be given, but I would rather be killing things.

ye in 5 empires you could order officers to attack or defend specific units or bases but u had to pause the game to do so which i felt took u out of the battle a little too much which is why i didnt order officers to do all that much.

I think they need to use a simple system using the directional pad but maintain the specific orders. perhaps push the up button to bring up attack orders left defence right other etc then another button to assign the order to an officer.

Ah, i'll have to check that out, doesn't seem to say in the manual, but i'll give it a try! (Although does say it on the back of the case!)

I'm fine if they keep the D-Pad, i'd just like a more specific system at times, could come in handy!

But i'll give it another go tonight and see if i can figure it out!

Well i found it!

I think i remember it, might have done it long time ago .

But it does help, i can keep my allies alive without having to back em up all the time.

So i'll just round it down to these for DW:6 Empires

1) Fuller battle fields (as mentioned above).
    2) Officer Placement (so you can place officers where you want).

I remember playing DW5E and my officers and bases kept struggling and I had Huang Zhong on my team and for some reason whenever I sent anyone to go and help some-one he'd just randomly say "I'll help" then abandon what he was doing leaving whoever it was he was helping so they started struggling and he kept going back and forth! It was fun :P

Quote Originally Posted by StratocasterEv View Post
    I remember playing DW5E and my officers and bases kept struggling and I had Huang Zhong on my team and for some reason whenever I sent anyone to go and help some-one he'd just randomly say "I'll help" then abandon what he was doing leaving whoever it was he was helping so they started struggling and he kept going back and forth! It was fun :P
    ah the good old days, boy have AI come on since then.

23 days till i find out how good the new empires is.

21!

http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Action/~r3...ast%20warriors

Is it just me or does it look like theres many red and blue dots? within the dark red and blue areas?

Now it’s time to see if you have the tactical nous to match your battlefield bravery. Have you got what it takes to lead an entire army into battle? Can you make the tough political decisions required to keep your rivals in check? Will you be able to unite all of ancient China through diplomatic cunning and military might?

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires gives you the chance to answer all of these questions. For the first time ever in a Warriors game you get the opportunity to play as either a ruler or an officer. You can choose to be the all powerful decision maker who combines politics and tactics to achieve the ultimate goal or the warrior who carries out those orders and turns strategic planning into battlefield glory.

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires Features:

* Choose from two distinctly different ways to play the game.
    * Create your own unique character in edit mode.
    * Collect and use special cards to gain a strategic advantage both in battle and in your political manoeuvring.
    * Explore each level to discover strategic advantages and use new surprise attacks to catch your enemies unaware.
    * One new character that didn’t appear in Dynasty Warriors 6 and six more characters have new weapons and new move sets.
    * Brand new stages and levels that present new challenges to overcome. Including the return of the Nanman Kingdom.
    ^.^

So,bad news,experience won't be taken over if you start a new game. Only weapons,horses and things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cao Cao View Post
    So,bad news,experience won't be taken over if you start a new game. Only weapons,horses and things like that.
    dang, oh well provides slightly more challenge i suppose.

Thread Information