Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have NEVER played any of the RotTK games.

Default I have NEVER played any of the RotTK games.

I've never ever played one of them. My brother owns one or two of the series but I just never bothered. Has anyone else got them and do you think I should play them? I've got so many games to play right now and I'm asking you guys if you think I should take time to play some Non-Warrior Koei games! So has anyone got any of the Romance games?

I havent played any of the RotTK games either, and was sorta wondering the same thing, Ive only sene a few screens of it, and to be honest, it looked mildly interesting...but then again, originally, I wasnt all that excited about DW:G until I got due to someone not shutting up about it

Quote Originally Posted by God-Like Phoenix View Post
    I havent played any of the RotTK games either, and was sorta wondering the same thing, Ive only sene a few screens of it, and to be honest, it looked mildly interesting...but then again, originally, I wasnt all that excited about DW:G until I got due to someone not shutting up about it
    I still don't like DW:G. Because it's about Gundam. I only like it because it reminds me of the other Warriors games. Except you're a gundam.

I have both ROTK VIII and XI... I have to say that they are both very good games, and very different.

VIII is more of a officer 'simulation' type thing, where you take on the role of 1-8 officer(s) and live their lives, fighting in battles, working for your prefect, trying to get promoted, and generally playing how you want to play. You can be a lowly officer who follows whatever orders he is given, a prefect who has to make sure his city produces enough supplies to feed the armies, a despotic ruler who oppresses the people and steals gold from nearby cities and his own officers... basically, you can play however you want to.

If you prefer instant fighting, good graphics, and lots of action, this may not be for you. However, if you are the kind of person who is willing to put a lot of time into a game, is very patient (it is turn-based), and doesn't care about graphics (in other words, if you can handle games like the Football Manager series - lots of information, basically nothing to see), then I would definitely recommend this to you.

ROTK XI is a completely different game. This is a strategy game - you have to play as the ruler of your force, and basically the whole game is set looking down on a big 3D map of China. You have to control your whole force and do things such as send in armies to fight wars, use diplomacy to make alliances or get other forces to hate each other, recruit officers to your cause, keep your armies strong and well supplied... It's a lot newer than XIII, so the graphics and detail is better, but it's basically a different kind of game.

As before, if you prefer lots of action, this may not be for you, since it's a turn-based strategy game. But, if you have patience and like tactics and strategy, this is a very good game.

...phew, I waffled on a bit longer than I was expecting... I guess that shows how much I like these games (a lot ).

Hmm...sounds pretty good, both of them. It seems that they both offer different styles of gaming. VIII seems like a game that takes a lot of time, which I think I just wont have throughout this year, but I also like the idea of the turn-based strategy that you described in XI...so I might look into it sometime in the future, thanks

Also, dont be worried if you talk a lot about a game you like...Ive done that with Bladestorm...quite a bit actually

XI is the first ROTK that i got i didnt think id like but i loved it mind u the game is a bit long i created ny own force with me as the leader and so on....and it took me 40 hours tocomplete... i think all the tactics, duels and debates that u can have on the game as well. i just wish the ending could differ depending on what type of ruler u choose to become (evil or good) but sadly theirs not

I have played games 6 through 11 along with the very first and second games. But that is just the joy that comes from being in America. Only Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 has ever been released to Europe on the PS2. Only Romance of the three Kingdoms 11 has ever made it to Either Europe or America on the PC.

1 & 2 are way to old, your only shot is to download them on some website. Believe me, they are outdated compared to even number 6. It is basically a Gameboy color game impersonating an actual game. But for their time they were excellent.

6 is the earliest game that I could tangibly buy. While I did not really like this game it was something that you could get used to. Basically it was a game that brought out the full potential of the Play Station. But when the PS2 came out it just wasn't that great.

7 is without a doubt a true game. In this game you choose between nearly 700+ characters. There are 10 scenarios. Multitudes of Weapons. The first battle System that actually resembles armies. Though they look more like chess pieces. You would like this game. But sadly unless you have a modded PS2 or an import from America you won't have this.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII is the first RTK game to make it to your shores. This game has 50 scenarios, including the first ever Rise of Heroes scenario in which all the officers are alive and have no death sentance programed in. While it does do away with some of 7s good points, it surely makes up for with the mass of scenarios characters, different ways of development, and the RoH scenario. It does away with Jiao Zhi.

Romance of the Three Kingdom 9 is a semi-rts. This is my personal favorite. I don't want to go on about this one because this is like 7. I game you will never see.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 10 is a marvelous peak of perfection. While that is what others call it I place it as number 4 in line of Romance games. 9 being first 11 second 7 third and 10 fourth. 8 is fifth and 6 is sixth. This is a game where you choose an officer, there are multitudes of skills that you can learn, you can upgrade poor cities into good cities, you can go from one city to ruler of China in a few years or become a hermit and hone your skills. This game has Jiao Zhi, this is like 8 on steroids only sadly laking in scenarios.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 11 I shall leave up to you. I did place it as my number one game on the Romance series. Go out and buy it, around 20 or so euros.

I played ROTK11, but with my "so good" English it is too hard.

It's very to hard to find all of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms games nowdays... I only have two.
    Kakashi is hot.

Try it again, you will enjoy it.

Thread Information