Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Bladestorm Idea's

The one thing I would like to see since alot of what I would want in a sequel has been mentioned already is the introduction of other lands to battle in, like the Holy Roman Empire or England. Think of them as extra maps with other story's running concurrently with the events of the war in France. The game isn't anything close to being historically accurate so it would just add some new elements to the game.

Personally I'd quite like to see them move away from the real world setting and into a fantasy one. I know its not to everyones taste, but, for as much as I love playing the game, and I do, every army looks the same except for the colours. Moving into other countries would be interesting, but still to make it different there would need to be unit restrictions. At the moment we can hire what are from appearances, Roman Legions, and other known warrior races are named, Vikings for eample. And thats the beauty of this game, that we can hire any of these units, to restrict them would take something away from the game, but to make different lands actually any different, they would need to do it.

But if a fantasy setting was used, they'd have free reign to do as they pleased, allowing for much greater variety.

Id buy and play the game regardless of course, thats just what I think would be interesting.

In terms of gameplay, the one thing I think would be really beneficial would be if you could take control of units assigned as guards and reassign other squads in their place. Also it would be great if we could combine same type squads to top up the unit we currently command. If I'm commanding a lady lancer unit, and I have lost 7 soldiers, and come across another squad of lady lancers with 4 soldiers, I should be able to incorporate them into my squad to top up the numbers.

So what you are trying to say, and correct me if I am wrong, which is most likely, that Koei keeps the characters and the base storyline of the Hundred Years War, but instead of going for deadly accuracy go for more of a fantacised view of the war? or just go off on a completely different tangent?

Now dont get me wrong, I think its an interesting idea, that could actually be done quite well, but I just dont really know how Koei would be able to do it, while keeping ties to the fans of the original Bladestorm game

Whilst that would be quite interesting, introducing races and characters from different Mythologies perhaps, Minotaurs etc to mingle with the usual additional armies that were not really a part of this era, it wasn't what I was actually suggesting.

What I meant was, keep the gameplay but change from a real world to a Pure High Fantasy world, Dwarves, Elves, Orcs, Goblins, Ogres, Trolls, Centaurs, the whole nine yards.

If they did that, then they wouldn't be restricted in any way at all and could include whatever they pleased. Elven sabre wielders mounted on War unicorns? I'll take that. Dwarven Heavy Axes? Yes please. Goblin Mages? Sure thing.

I know Koei always has worked in real world setting in the past, and I love them for it, but the freedom they would have if they used a High Fantasy setting of their own making would be magnificent. No longer would everything look the same, separated only by whether or not they were wearing blue or red uniforms.

I just think it would be an exciting prospect.

Tell you one thing, as a Warhammer player of old, I'd say a Bladestorm game in a High Fantasy setting would be far more faithful to the essence of Warhammer tabletop game than Mark of Chaos and Battle March ever were.

I want a sequel of this game.

Don't we all mate.

Completing this and getting all the achievements was both the most gratifying and most dissapointing moment of all my experiences with Koei games.

This actually reduced my enjoyment of DW6. After playing the grand battles that had meaning to the rest of the game, DW6 kinda...lost meaning, dreary battles that if you died...game over (unlike bladestorms just failed mission) and the number of enemies was so high in Bladestorm everything else has kind of dimished in power.

The fact that the enemies actually attacked yo uwas also a huge draw for me, and going to DW where they all stand around scratching is a bit of a culture shock, so I really do hope that they make a sequel, and with so many battles left un-dramatised in this game, there is plenty of scope for a next stage game.

<Spoiler> With your merc becoming one of the most powerful mercs ever, but then not actually completing the war as it still carried on after the game ended, it would be easy to turn your old merc (from save file, or if that was not present load a random merc design) to become your new characters mentor, or even take over as bar keep as lets face it he WAS the mecenary General! <End of spoiler>

So taking into consideration the fact that this game is also so different from any other this is a perfect opportunity to create the next DW series... and turn this into the Koei Flagship series.

Imagine it

Bladestorm: The Three Kingdoms Era
    Bladestorm: The Crusades
    Bladestorm: Khan's Reign

All of which could maintain the above gameplay but with different settings and weapons / armour and stories would keep the series fresh, with even the smallest of tweeks to the gameplay.
    Last edited by Stubu; 20-08-09 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Added more ideas..no double posting here :p

Thread Information