Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Agarest: Generations of War

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    913

    Default Agarest: Generations of War

    Honestly, there are few PS3 JRPGs and not many more WRPGs so what do people think of this. I know that the same developers (Compile Heart?) did Cross Edge but thats about it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Well even though i got it when it was released i haven't played it much (been to buys sadly), but from what I've played, it's seems similar to cross edge in some ways, but also better. The story seems to be very interesting (much more so than Cross Edge's story). And overall to me from what I've played, it's a great game, one of the best for PS3 too (though then again i don't like many PS3 games either ).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    564

    Default

    This game is really boring. I tried to give it a chance as it was a battle rpg and i like that style of game, but its gotta be one of the repetitive games i've ever played. I think the third game which should be out soon is supposed to be using 3d models so at least it won't look so bad.
    http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
    Discuss Anime, Video Games, Movies or whatever is on your mind.
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/5/5f/LuffyStanceGear2nd.gif

    My youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onislash View Post
    Honestly, there are few PS3 JRPGs and not many more WRPGs so what do people think of this. I know that the same developers (Compile Heart?) did Cross Edge but thats about it.

    I thought you'd already beat the game Agarest Generations of War.

    Remember this thread:

    http://www.tecmokoei-europe.com/foru...agarest&page=9

    Your opinions about Agarest Generations of War are in it. Was the game that memorable for you? lol.
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    I thought you'd already beat the game Agarest Generations of War.

    Remember this thread:

    http://www.tecmokoei-europe.com/foru...agarest&page=9

    Your opinions about Agarest Generations of War are in it. Was the game that memorable for you? lol.
    I kinda recommend looking at the dates his posts were made. :P
    His post in this thread was made 8th november 2009, while the post in the other thread was made 20th january 2010, so this thread was pretty much resurrected by Superbuu3 today after he completed the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbuu3 View Post
    This game is really boring. I tried to give it a chance as it was a battle rpg and i like that style of game, but its gotta be one of the repetitive games i've ever played. I think the third game which should be out soon is supposed to be using 3d models so at least it won't look so bad.
    Boring and boring, gameplay wise that is certainly true, but storywise and the system for choosing a heroine is quite nice. Though it's true that the game series definitely needs some polishing, and hopefully the next game will be a lot better.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManaAlchemist View Post
    I kinda recommend looking at the dates his posts were made. :P
    His post in this thread was made 8th november 2009, while the post in the other thread was made 20th january 2010, so this thread was pretty much resurrected by Superbuu3 today after he completed the game.
    Whoooops that'll teach me for not looking, lol.

    Consider my wrists slapped
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    564

    Default

    h yeah the heroine mechanic was definitely one of the best features. As well as the combining of attacks. This game definitely had some nice ideas. The repetitiveness and whatever else it was that was missing made this game lose a lot.
    http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
    Discuss Anime, Video Games, Movies or whatever is on your mind.
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/5/5f/LuffyStanceGear2nd.gif

    My youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbuu3 View Post
    The repetitiveness and whatever else it was that was missing made this game lose a lot.
    So true sadly. I've just reached the second generation myself out of all 5, but i just have to much trouble standing all those battles all the time. And then I also have Agarest Zero to complete. :P Gonna take me ages to finish them both.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManaAlchemist View Post
    So true sadly. I've just reached the second generation myself out of all 5, but i just have to much trouble standing all those battles all the time. And then I also have Agarest Zero to complete. :P Gonna take me ages to finish them both.
    I just played a generation at a time then had a break from it in between. I really enjoyed the game but it does get tedious. As for Zero I have only played the intro so far.
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Actually I'm looking for an RPG game that I played this month and I think this is one of a good option so I looking forward for this game.
    Click here to play zombie games

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •