Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tekken 6

Default Tekken 6

Im surprised that I havent seen a thread for this one yet. Ive been playing this for the past week, and I have been really liking it, the new Scenario Campaign, the amount of customisation that is availible, and pretty much the game as a whole. I really like doing the Ghost Battle, and being able to keep track of win/loss records for each induvidual character.

My favourite characters right now are, in order, Lee, Zafina, Miguel and Dragunov, but there are also quite a few others who I like that I havent really played with all that much. Lee has my best record, at around 125 wins with only 11 losses. With Lee I was also able to get a few perfect rounds against Azazel, which im pretty sure isnt something that would come too easily (^.^)

Tekken 6 is great, I'm a bit crap at it at the minute but I'm loving every second of it. My favourite characters are Law and Yoshimitsu but I'm still yet to take it online because I'll probably get owned so I've been sticking to Arcade and scenario campaign.

You've gotta love all the cliff and volcano throwing that goes on in tekken

My favourite characters is;

* Lili.
    * Ling Xiaoyu.
    * Hwoarang.
    * Zafina.

I love Tekken 6!
    http://moe.mabul.org/up/moe/2010/01/25/img-085144jioti.jpg
    PlayStation®Network : Hamsticy
    Sorry for my bad English (English isn't my first language),
    please, forgive my mistakes, thank you ~

Well, I've been playing it pretty solidly for two weeks and this is pretty much my take on it:

If you enjoy other Tekken's there's a lot to get out of it. For the first time since probably Tekken 2, the new characters all feel like having their own style compared to others, nothing like Julia, Christie, Asuka or that. There's more than enough tweaks to other characters to make differences to how they play, some good ( Kuma, Armor King, Lei, Xiaoyu ) while others feel as if they've been hit with the nerfstick a bit ( Raven and Heihachi spring to mind ). If you're going to be playing this with mates in the same room then it's a good buy.

There are some definite downsides though, main one for many people being the online. It's not great at times, particularly on ranked matches. A 2-bar connection on this feels like a 3-bar on Soul Calibur ie. it's definitely noticeable but adaptable once you've played it a few times. Player matches seem to have better connections but people are sometimes jerks and will boot you as soon as you join the room, while others will happily play a few rounds.

Scenario mode is kind of forced upon you. It's certainly not a great experience but you do rack up gold and customisation items at a fair rate so there's decent incentive to play through it. Unlocking characters' story modes in Scenario is a but iffy, as it means Mokujin, Devil Jin and Yoshimitsu's endings may never be seen by some people, as their Scenario Maps are hellish to beat 'til you figure out the A.I.'s weakness.

And my one big complaint is that in 2-player, with two people in the same room; player two is stuck with the default costumes with no customisations, they can't even use the customisations that player 1 is using. In T5 and Dark Resurrection that's what happened, and you could even load a separate profile for player. They'll likely say it's to do with stopping trophy-fiends pinching profiles for ranks and trophies but I feel it kind of hurts the experience a bit.

Oh, and loading's not great, even after the install. But you have space to store 50 replays and 100 ghosts of other players, which is cool, if creepy...
    The replays certainly help with improving your skills. Struggling to form a gameplan with a certain character? Have a look at that character on the leaderboards and watch some replays of the best players, it's great for picking up tips.

That's my take anyway. I've mentioned those flaws as it wouldn't be right at all to say the package as a whole is perfect. But the core Tekken gameplay is very good, probably my favourite of the series. I've racked up close to 50 hours now and don't look like stopping anytime soon. It all depends how much you like your Tekken gameplay and how willing you are to overlook some flaws in the package. I'd give it 8/10. If they fix the connections and the player profiles I'd change it to a 10, 1/10 for each. But I really hope they fix the profiles issue mostly.

So far I've generally been playing Miguel, Kuma, Dragunov, Yoshimitsu, Zafina and Feng Wei, starting to pick up Marduk and Julia at the moment.

I've tried it; overall the only new thing I'm interested in is Bob while all the rest I either dislike (scenario, Nancy, Azazel) or don't care for (other new characters).

The new create-a-haircut feature is cool, but that's pretty much the only 'improvement' for customize mode: there's countless equipment options but they're sets of 5-6 recolors of the same thing (e.g. blue jacket, red jacket, green jacket, white jacket, polka dotted jacket, ...) and the gained money/price rate is atrocious like it was in Tekken 5 (one million for a hairstyle? Are you kidding me?!)

Of course, that's coming from someone who's played the game a grand total of 10 minutes on three separate occasions.

Overall I own Dark Resurrection (PSP), I love it and I'll wait for the release of Tekken 6 PSP before deciding whether to stick with the former or upgrade to the latter.
    "We're getting wet. In a shower. Because, basically, we talked it over, Chastity and myself, and we came to the conclusion that civilization is nothing more than an effective sewage system. And so by the use of plumbing we hope to demonstrate this to the world." ~ Ron Nasty

lol well out of the minutes I spent on the arcade with Zafina I have enjoyed the game so far ^-^' I can't wait to own a copy

Right now I am really loving doing Ghost Battle with Lee on the highest difficulty (^.^) So far on the max difficulty, I have only lost once which was against Wang...and only had one perfect round against me, which was by Lee(good opponent at least xD). As of right now, Lee's fighting record is standing at 166 wins for only 13 losses, giving a win ratio of 92.6% im liking that, now all I need to do is to get xbox live and get his ranking past 1st Dan for him to cement his place in awsomeness

I havent really been using all that many of the others...except for when im trying to get some money and accessories while in Scenario Campaign....and a few times in ghost battle to even out the game time that each character gets xD

I had a go at playing on xbox live and it was really laggy. My connections fairly good aswell but it was pretty much unplayable. The game's still great though

Well, the PS3 patch is supposedly being released tomorrow, so that'll hopefully fix up some of the issues with the online.

Quote Originally Posted by SunAndSteel View Post
    Well, the PS3 patch is supposedly being released tomorrow, so that'll hopefully fix up some of the issues with the online.
    I just downloaded the xbox 360 one today and it's really improved it, but now I can't blame my amount of losses on lag.

Thread Information