Thread: The point of Subforums

Default The point of Subforums

I really don't see the point of Subforums right now. sure, maybe when the site grows very big. I just don't see the point for them currently. I think Dynasty Warriors®: Strikeforce, Dynasty Warriors®6 Empires and Dynasty Warriors®:GUNDAM®2 should all be removed.
    Ofcourse, this is just one persons opinion.
    I don't like the idea of having to go through loads of subforums to get to threads.

You've got to look at the bigger picture. As you said yourself, "maybe when the site grows very big". The devs have already planned ahead

If they did get rid of them, we would just have each of the main sections filled with everything to do with that subject, which would be quite messy. The subforums make it more organised, see?

Alright, that's a very good point. I guess I'm not used to being on big sites.. 'cause I'm the one usually making the sites which end up dying. xD

Zenelix pretty much said the reason why there is such a thing as sub-forums, its because it keeps things neat and organised, when done properly at least.

Sure it might be a tad annoying right now, but when the forum does get to a fairly decent size, it will really come into effect you just need to bear with it for a while

We are preparing for the future.

There was a slight problem already, some members not being able to find the cosplay area for example. But if the majority here agree with there being too many, we will take it into consideration. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonZ View Post
    We are preparing for the future.

There was a slight problem already, some members not being able to find the cosplay area for example. But if the majority here agree with there being too many, we will take it into consideration. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Nah, it's not inconvenience. It's actually a great idea. Like I said in my own post, the forum is going to grow and Zenelix replied that you're planning ahead.
    I'm an idiot for not realizing this!

I like the Sub-Forums idea it makes everything more simple, its also an advantage since you can have duplicate topics from other DW titles, instead of discussing the same thing for various DW titles on a single thread.

However like LDZ said some topics might be hard to find, Maybe thats were the tags come useful in Search and since the Cosplay thread has its own Sub-forum you can see it more easilly as its Bolded.

Like pretty much everyone I tought the Cosplay thread was in the Members Gallery, wouldn't be better there seeing its a gallery too?

Alright Alright I get your points! xD This thread might as well be locked. I agree that we need the sub forums!

Thread Information