Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonjour ^^ Question About Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by iceman57 View Post
    Dear Leady FF, a bit late... but.

Here is an hard review about KOEI TV on Youtube.
    1. Video are updated earlier by KOEIWARRIORS channel than KOEI TV.
    2. When official video comes, IGN and other major sites already spoke about.

Youtube is in use in France, definitely, but you certainly noticed that froggies are not the best foreign language speaker. Most of Youtube users have basic knowledges in english.
    Fortunaly now Youtube includes an automatic translation tool but in the other hand their system first select video in your language cutting by half search result on english videos.

Best from Paris, France.
    I think if you want to sell something in a country you have to adapt to them not force them to change their mind. I don't think you can force a country to do something they didn't like the famous afternoon nap in Spain that european community wants to change...

If Koei wants to have a channel, they have to deal with the demands of the countries and infiltrated what its already exist and most famous for. And excuse me for a french, you seem to defend badly our language, internet translator are crap and I will remind everyone here that we are not the only one in this case, Italians people barely speak english, they prefer more french and Spanish people either, south europe countries love themselves and Koei should strengthener this rather than putting everything in English, not everyone in France speak english very well. If you want to target a larger market, you have to think of those people also and try to reach them in a better way and not thinking about saving money.

Anyway it's just my mind.
    I wanna be your dream catcher
    ima hajimete umarekawaru
    Fly again

Quote Originally Posted by Gischie
    I think if you want to sell something in a country you have to adapt to them not force them to change their mind.
    For sure this is call localization in the translation duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gischie
    If Koei wants to have a channel, they have to deal with the demands of the countries and infiltrated what its already exist and most famous for. And excuse me for a french, you seem to defend badly our language, internet translator are crap and I will remind everyone here that we are not the only one in this case, Italians people barely speak english, they prefer more french and Spanish people either, south europe countries love themselves and Koei should strengthener this rather than putting everything in English, not everyone in France speak english very well. If you want to target a larger market, you have to think of those people also and try to reach them in a better way and not thinking about saving money.
    Well this is just a status-quo coming from 20 years living at cross border with France/Germany/Belgium. The source language is the reason that made "Dailymotion" website is more popular in France. Youtube main language is english, cutting down from several users.
    As KOEI downsized their previous desk in France to only keep the UK one as European HQ that cut down their communication in this country. The only existing valid relay are the main videogame websites as "Gamekult.com" & "Jeuxvideo.com".

A good way to balance structural costs with south europe market is a performant translation made by native speakers. Press information can be translated and relayed this way to the videogame websites. See how France follows the "Hokuto Muso" development in Japan, there's an update every week on videogame websites even only announced officially for Japanese market. So KOEI games are watched, but not on Youtube.
    C'est parce que les puissants cultivent la haine pour mieux diviser les peuples, que des hommes de toutes les époques se dressent pour faire triompher le bien.

Thread Information