Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naval Ops/PTO

Default Naval Ops/PTO

WHERE IS THE NEXT GEN VERSION!

I would seriously, not meaning to be graphic here, jizz myself multiple times if EITHER was seen on an Xbox 360

I wouldn't pay £40 for such a game though.. no, that would be cheating KOEI out of hard development time.

I'd pay £120 for this game!

I LOVED naval ops.. and i just beat commander too. Commander wasn't as rewarding if you ask me.

Making a Naval Ops on 360 would contest Battlestations if you ask me and competition is always good. Also, it could have a similar functionality to what Chromehounds did.. it was different, certainly. The only game on live to have persistent universe and be free to play (besides XBL subscription, obviously).

I could see PTO/NO being in my top 10 games of all time and certainly in my #1/#2 spots for PS2 games.

I had TOO MUCH FUN.

I can't find WG2 though

Extremely rare games, i am lucky to have gotten all 3 second hand

*****Bump*****

Hiya, Sorry no plans for future iterations of these series at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Leady FF ^^ View Post
    Hiya, Sorry no plans for future iterations of these series at present.
    I would pay for the designing of ships purely!

:P

Seriously though, this game would kick major ass. If it was advertised more and whatnot. The only reason i knew about this game was i was cruising through some game magazine when i was 10. I literally drooled then.. the concept is a solid one. Just a less cheesy story and whatnot, done more professionally and this game would be a class title.

Hell, i'll design it for you! haha xD You just provide the programmers

Anyway; even if you aren't designing a new one i must thank you. I took so long getting the double hulled battleship ... i played that duck hunt mission hundreds of times over to get it! ^^

Glad you enjoyed it ^^

(dunno if you are interested but in Infinite Space on DS you can design your own Spaceships, I'm enjoying it [its a SEGA game]).

Quote Originally Posted by Leady FF ^^ View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it ^^

(dunno if you are interested but in Infinite Space on DS you can design your own Spaceships, I'm enjoying it [its a SEGA game]).
    Main platform for me is Xbox 360 at the moment for me.. and i don't bother with portables. I find that this is what the current generation lacks on consoles, customisability.

Personally, i think that developers in general are treating the average gamer as if they are all 12 and have ADHD :/

The average age of a gamer is something like 20ish if memory serves me. Thus the above doesn't make sense.

Anyway, it's been a pleasure and i do hope you take my comments on board. With the right advertising and time investment i think that you could make a classic game

Just bought myself Naval Ops Warship Gunner PS2 for a staggering £1.50. Not played it yet and no clue as to what it's about. Just bought it to add to the collection really but will give it a go when I get chance.

<a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    Just bought myself Naval Ops Warship Gunner PS2 for a staggering £1.50. Not played it yet and no clue as to what it's about. Just bought it to add to the collection really but will give it a go when I get chance.

Trust me, if you get properly into it and unlock the stuff.. it's mentally fun. The only limit to the fun was having to farm for parts and stuff.

You'll know what i mean when you play it i guess. Unfortunately you won't enjoy it as much as I did since.. well.. it's the next gen obviously and quirky games like Naval Ops don't wow as much since they are older naturally. I read about this game in a magazine and from then on i drooled at the thoguht of playing it. I never really got the chance of purchasing first hand but lucky me found both Naval Ops WG and Commander second hand .. if memory serves i payed £10 for each game. The hours of entertainment after school i had were more than worth it.

My only gripe would be i can't seem to get a double hull battleship in the commander game.. the double hull in WG is rape. Trust me when i say you want that badboy

It's when you unlock the hightech stuff that doesn't limit you in your designs this game gets really interesting.

The DHBB was a bonus though, you had to kill about 1k cargo ships if memory serves to unlock it.. that took me WEEKS to do. Literally. I replayed this once mission over and over, back to back.. i could kill 14 per mission and it took me about 5 minutes to do it eventually.. so Mr Maths here was drooling at the DH BB too xD

hours of fun if you get into it though, like i said. I could go on and on

Quote Originally Posted by Joppsta View Post
    Unfortunately you won't enjoy it as much as I did since.. well.. it's the next gen obviously and quirky games like Naval Ops don't wow as much since they are older naturally.
    The fact that next gen is here doesn't deter me away from a game. To be honest I sped more time on my PS2 than I do on my PS3 or Wii unless of course I'm playing DWStrikeforce or DWGundam 2 on my PS3.

I played the first 2 missions (wooooo, lol) and it's not like I expected at all. For some reason I expected grid maps and moving your ship turn based. I'm glad it's not that way as I play enough games like that already. I chose the Japanese ship as it's best for novices as the description says.
    On the second mission I got to the target but for some reason had some difficulty (I know this is the wrong phrase so feel free to laugh, I am) parking the ship to complete the mission. However I did it, it wasn't rocket science, I just wasn't using my nogging.

Only played 2 missions as I'm stuck into Dynasty Warrios 5 and Romance Of The Three Kingdoms XI on the PS2 at the moment but will definitely go back and play some more.

<a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

I would love it if warship gunner 2 was on the UK PSN because ive played the hell out of the first one need the second one so badly

Thread Information