Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zhao Yun

Default Zhao Yun

Talk about the Little Dragon here.

My favorite ever since DW2, his musou and his C4 being my most likeable moves from his previous incarnation. In DW6 he is as flashy and heroic as ever, especially in the cutscenes. Can this man get anymore praise?!

My order of appearance would be like this - DW3, DW6, DW5, DW4.

I have to say, I have really grown to liking Zhao Yun. I always try to get him whenever playing Empires. He is such an awesome character. And now clearly the 'mascot' of DW games! lol

A recent article even joked about him being a complete show-off in DW6 lol. But he is Koei's mascot to attract the young who'll idolize him. And he has all the attributes of a hero.

He is very much the same character in the 'romance of the three kingdoms' book(s). So well done to Koei for getting it right!

It would be nice to see though, each character with a powerful opening sequence.. now that would be awesome!

He was my favourite character in DW2,but slowly Cao Cao and Xiahou Dun were prefered over him.
    His moveset is always good and average. But he gets too much attention. He is heroic,strong and so on,it seems that he has no weaknesses.
    Oh,and he rescued Liu Bei's son Liu Chan at Chang Ban.

Zhao Yun was my favourite charackter in DW4 for a long time, his moveset is always very good and very average. But the same thing like Cao Cao. It´s not good when he got so much attention just because he is such an Idol in China.

My favourite character out of the whole KOEI library. I've been a fan of Zhao Yun ever since the TV series. He has a killer moveset (surprising to have on a character other than "Lu Bu"), and is ideal for cleaning peons. In my opinion he also has the best "True Musou" quote from DW5 (I remember it was epic to use). He received a whole new level of appearance when DW6 came. I can't think of anything right now which this character needs.

I can't stand Zhao Yun, seeing his face everywhere. I find him to be highly overrated in my opinion. The only Zhao Yun I ever took a liking to was the one who played him in the Red Cliff movie, Hu Jun. Other then that, I don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiahe View Post
    I can't stand Zhao Yun, seeing his face everywhere. I find him to be highly overrated in my opinion.
    Ditto that. I just can't stand him. He's too much of a goody-goody-two-shoes hero/poet for my taste... And every time he says something, ANYTHING, I feel like shouting at him, "SHUT YOUR FACE!!!" ... I don't like his voice actor either... and what's up with his DW6 outfit, man...? He looks like a superhero.
    Last edited by Outi; 15-02-09 at 01:11 PM.
    "VIE MUT VERMOON - KANTAMALLA"

Because he is a superhero!

I've read people comment on his quote from the game DW6 when he's in trouble - ''I am in need of assistance'' or something to that extent, that people can't help but go to his aid to keep his mouth shut lol.

Thread Information