Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist Of Dusk

I think Siliconera were getting their information from this guy who has actually worked on the game and has confirmed there's going to be no dual audio. I believe the same person has also previously stated there will be no version differences between the US and EU release. I've seen the recent news from TKE stating that it WILL have dual audio so clearly there's some internal conflict between NISA and TKE. I really hope it does have dual audio if only for the sake of keeping sales up, many people (myself included) are put off by English dubbing and when you have no alternative it's going to put off a lot of potential sales which is clearly seen by all of the comments on facebook, the NISA forums etc.

Going by this tweet all we can really do is wait for confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalwis View Post
    I think Siliconera were getting their information from this guy who has actually worked on the game and has confirmed there's going to be no dual audio. I believe the same person has also previously stated there will be no version differences between the US and EU release. I've seen the recent news from TKE stating that it WILL have dual audio so clearly there's some internal conflict between NISA and TKE. I really hope it does have dual audio if only for the sake of keeping sales up, many people (myself included) are put off by English dubbing and when you have no alternative it's going to put off a lot of potential sales which is clearly seen by all of the comments on facebook, the NISA forums etc.

Going by this tweet all we can really do is wait for confirmation.
    No offense meant at that guy, but I really, really hope he's wrong. Even if the US release only has english audio, the EU version should at least get the original audio (or reversed so people can at least import the other version if they rather want it). But yeah, seems like we just have to wait and see what happens.

TKE have just confirmed via twitter that they have confirmed the voice option with GUST and it is English audio only.
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    TKE have just confirmed via twitter that they have confirmed the voice option with GUST and it is English audio only.
    Well this is a sad day.

Sadly, there goes all of my last interest in the game. I could have been alright with English voices only, but seriously, when the English dub just is a "partial" dub, it feels like GUST is screwing the Atelier fans over when they could have gotten dual audio or a "Complete" set of Japanese voices instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ManaAlchemist View Post
    Well this is a sad day.

Sadly, there goes all of my last interest in the game. I could have been alright with English voices only, but seriously, when the English dub just is a "partial" dub, it feels like GUST is screwing the Atelier fans over when they could have gotten dual audio or a "Complete" set of Japanese voices instead.
    Who knows maybe they will add it as free DLC like TKE did with the Japanese audio for Dynasty Warriors 7.

It doesn't bother me to be honest, at least we're getting the game but from what I've read there is going to be a lot of angry Atelier / GUST fans out there.
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

GUST isn't the only to blame here. Hell, they probably only exist in name only at this point. This is simply yet another case of a Japanese company taking personal control of their localization stuff, without truly understanding the markets overseas. Not the first time it has happened, probably won't be the last.

Also, I fear that if we all were to boycott the game now, Tecmo will simply say "screw it" and not bother with any future installments. I sincerely doubt they possess the ability to grasp the reason for why we wouldn't buy the game, and simply blame it on a general lack of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugumi Henduluin View Post
    Also, I fear that if we all were to boycott the game now, Tecmo will simply say "screw it" and not bother with any future installments.
    I agree, I won't be boycotting the game. Even if there was no dub at all and it was all subs I would still buy it. I'll enjoy the game regardless.
    The things is if it doesn't sell well why would they bother to bring a new one over. I know boycotting the game is proving a point but it could also mean cutting your nose off to spite your face. Refusing to buy the game because of the lack of Japanese audio may prove the point but it also means you miss out on playing a part of a series that you enjoy and possibly any localisation of any future Atelier games.

Like I said in an earlier post it may get released as free DLC as TKE did with Dynasty Warriors 7, it may not but I like to be optimistic about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugumi Henduluin View Post
    Also, I fear that if we all were to boycott the game now, Tecmo will simply say "screw it" and not bother with any future installments. I sincerely doubt they possess the ability to grasp the reason for why we wouldn't buy the game, and simply blame it on a general lack of interest.
    Honestly this is the biggest problem amongst our niche community. We're extremely thankful that these kind of games get translated and we know that there's plenty of other games out there that don't even get considered so I'm sure we're all worried about the same thing happening to X, Y or Z series but honestly something must be done. You don't just remove features from a game, say nothing to the community or even try to ask their opinion on the matter and then try to get away with it. If that NISA guy hadn't commented when he did we would have all found out when we got our copy through the post instead which is honestly much worse.

I hate to sound like a self-entitled douche but they need to realise that stuff like this really can't stand. You either include the dual audio option which has been included in every other game from the same company OR you include a FULL dub of the game. It has a partial dub, which in itself is half assed, then the Japanese audio is removed for absolutely no reason and they say nothing about it. Then on top of this stuff there's little things like no limited editions etc. which don't exactly help the situation. What's to stop them from pulling the same stuff with future titles? I just hope the smaller sale numbers than usual open their eyes for any future releases.

Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    Like I said in an earlier post it may get released as free DLC as TKE did with Dynasty Warriors 7, it may not but I like to be optimistic about these things.

I guess that could happen, but sadly, there's very few cases where voices has been added as DLC, so I wouldn't have high hopes for those voices as DLC. Sure, I hope i'm wrong though. Especially since TKE has released voices as DLC previously as you mention Silvertongue. But it's probably up to GUST and TK Japan to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalwis View Post
    Honestly this is the biggest problem amongst our niche community. We're extremely thankful that these kind of games get translated and we know that there's plenty of other games out there that don't even get considered so I'm sure we're all worried about the same thing happening to X, Y or Z series but honestly something must be done. You don't just remove features from a game, say nothing to the community or even try to ask their opinion on the matter and then try to get away with it. If that NISA guy hadn't commented when he did we would have all found out when we got our copy through the post instead which is honestly much worse.

I hate to sound like a self-entitled douche but they need to realise that stuff like this really can't stand. You either include the dual audio option which has been included in every other game from the same company OR you include a FULL dub of the game. It has a partial dub, which in itself is half assed, then the Japanese audio is removed for absolutely no reason and they say nothing about it. Then on top of this stuff there's little things like no limited editions etc. which don't exactly help the situation. What's to stop them from pulling the same stuff with future titles? I just hope the smaller sale numbers than usual open their eyes for any future releases.
    I pretty much have to say that I agree with everything you've said. Though even while there's many "loud" people complaining about all this right now, I'm guessing it won't really show that much on the sales numbers, well at least not in europe. And in the US I'm guessing if there's a lower sales number, it'll probably be because there's no limited edition, rather than no dual audio. At least that's what I'm guessing will happen.

But hopefully this won't ever happen again, as TKE wrote "We know how important this is for you and we will try to implement the voice option in the future Atelier releases".

i kinda thought this game wasn't coming out all together.....
    well no matter looking forward to the start of a new atelier series
    and come on guys english dub isnt all that bad it improves sure not as great as jp but heck ...
    now is there going to be a pre order bonus?
    <a href=http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Other%20stuff/Disgaea4-1.png target=_blank>http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...Disgaea4-1.png</a>

Thread Information