Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist Of Dusk

Quote Originally Posted by ManaAlchemist View Post
    Though even while there's many "loud" people complaining about all this right now, I'm guessing it won't really show that much on the sales numbers, well at least not in europe. And in the US I'm guessing if there's a lower sales number, it'll probably be because there's no limited edition, rather than no dual audio.
    There's plenty of people complaining/whining/whatever on the NISA forums about this ordeal but there's plenty of us keeping quiet too. I know because of this that plenty of people are choosing to import the game instead or just flat out refuse to buy it because of how this has been handled, whether it's the false information handed out, lack of special editions, the partial dub or the lack of Japanese audio. That's why I said that I hope the lower sales numbers open their eyes - Sure the game will sell a decent number of copies but I doubt it'll sell more than previous games because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Dragon View Post
    and come on guys english dub isnt all that bad it improves sure not as great as jp but heck ...
    Dubbing in JRPGs isn't for everyone, I personally can't stand hearing the same generic voices used by the same handful of voice actors and I know that plenty of others feel the same. The answer could just be to "Shut up and deal with it" but honestly it's hard to play with something you don't enjoy. Some people love dubbing, some people hate it. That's why dual audio is such an important thing to have in games like this, as I'm sure you know.

now is there going to be a pre order bonus?
    There wont be, at least that anyone knows of. This is due to Tecmo-Koei being in charge of distribution instead of NISA.

Seems like a silly and strange thing to do, but oh well. Going to support them anyway.

NIS America has been releasing GUST titles since 2005 with both English and Japanese tracks Why did you ruin it?. Not to mention the lack of a proper LE like NIS America do.

Sorry, but I'm not going to support you this time and thanks for ruining my most anticipating game this year. Now I'll have to import the Japanese version.

Hopefully they will have the option to turn the voices off for people who really can't stand English dubs. Might help recover some of the lost sales if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalwis View Post

Dubbing in JRPGs isn't for everyone, I personally can't stand hearing the same generic voices used by the same handful of voice actors and I know that plenty of others feel the same. The answer could just be to "Shut up and deal with it" but honestly it's hard to play with something you don't enjoy. Some people love dubbing, some people hate it. That's why dual audio is such an important thing to have in games like this, as I'm sure you know.

There wont be, at least that anyone knows of. This is due to Tecmo-Koei being in charge of distribution instead of NISA.

Point 1. Yes i am aware that dual audio is an important aspect I'm sure TK will consider it in the next instalment if people make a loud enough racket or it might be DLC as silver said the only thing we can do is wait and see.

Point 2 awww damn, but wasnt TK always in charge in distribution in both america and EU its just NISA had complete control with what they could add in the game but thats no longer the case

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
    Hopefully they will have the option to turn the voices off for people who really can't stand English dubs. Might help recover some of the lost sales if they do.
    It wont be all that bad heck look at chaos wars as the prime example

Quote Originally Posted by stratos2501 View Post
    NIS America has been releasing GUST titles since 2005 with both English and Japanese tracks Why did you ruin it?. Not to mention the lack of a proper LE like NIS America do.

Sorry, but I'm not going to support you this time and thanks for ruining my most anticipating game this year. Now I'll have to import the Japanese version.
    Geez, Its all doom and gloom with you
    Last edited by Black_Dragon; 19-01-13 at 06:29 PM.
    <a href=http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Other%20stuff/Disgaea4-1.png target=_blank>http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...Disgaea4-1.png</a>

Geez, Its all doom and gloom with you
    xD

It would have to be as bad as Tidus' laugh for me to mute it, but other people would probably dig the option, anything to keep the sales good would be super. It would be a crying shame if Atelier games stopped coming to the west.

To begin with, not all of the Japanese audio was dubbed into English.They're forcing fans to enjoy a half-baked game for £40. On top of that, I know they might have talented voice actor, but sometimes when the voices doesn't fit with characters it turn out to be annoying. They should at least release a patch for the game with the original dub.

T-K says that future titles will get dual audio, but Atelier Ayesha will probably be the last entry in the Atelier series (At least for PS3)
    Tenba technology ain't that bad

Point 2 awww damn, but wasnt TK always in charge in distribution in both america and EU its just NISA had complete control with what they could add in the game but thats no longer the case
    Originally it was GUST releases a game and NISA gets the rights to release it in the west. They're in charge of anything that happens - this includes voice actors used, special editions combined with the game, stuff like that. They're in charge of distribution however they're a US based company so they have to pass over the EU side of the distribution to someone else who will do it for them, in recent years this has been Tecmo-Koei Europe. NISA were still responsible for publishing the game for Europe though which is why we'd always get similar goodies.

GUST was purchased by Tecmo-Koei so now they're using their western companies to distribute GUST games. This means that Tecmo-Koei are the ones in charge of new releases so all decisions now come to them instead of NISA. NISA are still the publishers for the US but they don't have free reign over what they can and can't do as far as I'm aware so this is why so many questionable things have happened with the release of Ayesha. NISA know better than to alienate their already niche audience, they're experienced in this field so they wouldn't make such a mistake.

Basically NISA are on a leash and don't really have much of a say with what happens with GUST titles, it's mainly up to Tecmo-Koei now.

It wont be all that bad heck look at chaos wars as the prime example

Chaos Wars voice overs were actually awful, at least it won't be their voices. I don't mean to be awful to the VA's on Chaos Wars but at least Atelier Ayesha's will be a a lot better.
    <a href=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3483/blank1500x141.jpg target=_blank>http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3...nk1500x141.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
    xD

It would have to be as bad as Tidus' laugh for me to mute it, but other people would probably dig the option, anything to keep the sales good would be super. It would be a crying shame if Atelier games stopped coming to the west.
    truth be told i didnt think tidus's voice was that bad iit suit him rather well annoyng voice for an annoying character
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos2501 View Post
    To begin with, not all of the Japanese audio was dubbed into English.They're forcing fans to enjoy a half-baked game for £40. On top of that, I know they might have talented voice actor, but sometimes when the voices doesn't fit with characters it turn out to be annoying. They should at least release a patch for the game with the original dub.

T-K says that future titles will get dual audio, but Atelier Ayesha will probably be the last entry in the Atelier series
    it wont be all that bad jeez okay then await a trailer and then maybe you can voice check.

Quote Originally Posted by silvertongue View Post
    Chaos Wars voice overs were actually awful, at least it won't be their voices. I don't mean to be awful to the VA's on Chaos Wars but at least Atelier Ayesha's will be a a lot better.
    yup all is better that chaos wars VA yeah no effeort whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by Zalwis View Post
    Originally it was GUST releases a game and NISA gets the rights to release it in the west. They're in charge of anything that happens - this includes voice actors used, special editions combined with the game, stuff like that. They're in charge of distribution however they're a US based company so they have to pass over the EU side of the distribution to someone else who will do it for them, in recent years this has been Tecmo-Koei Europe. NISA were still responsible for publishing the game for Europe though which is why we'd always get similar goodies.

GUST was purchased by Tecmo-Koei so now they're using their western companies to distribute GUST games. This means that Tecmo-Koei are the ones in charge of new releases so all decisions now come to them instead of NISA. NISA are still the publishers for the US but they don't have free reign over what they can and can't do as far as I'm aware so this is why so many questionable things have happened with the release of Ayesha. NISA know better than to alienate their already niche audience, they're experienced in this field so they wouldn't make such a mistake.

Basically NISA are on a leash and don't really have much of a say with what happens with GUST titles, it's mainly up to Tecmo-Koei now.
    Hmm i see.. i guess KT are going with a "learn as you go approach" eh?
    hmm hmm okay got it..

Okay im still gonna support this i'll go with rosalyn on this one
    but if you guys are still undecided just wait and see if theres jp voices dlc then buy sound good?
    <a href=http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Other%20stuff/Disgaea4-1.png target=_blank>http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...Disgaea4-1.png</a>

Thread Information